Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I remember joking in November about how Dorion was going to juggle trying to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene, and Stone in the summer.

Did not dissapoint.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
giphy.gif

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Less than not credible. It's a kid who faked his own death to get followers who literally just takes what others say and makes things up to fit it.

His account should be banned from the site.
Is that true?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Less than not credible. It's a kid who faked his own death to get followers who literally just takes what others say and makes things up to fit it.

His account should be banned from the site.

Good to know. Given the lack of credibility in reliable media sources surrounding Karlsson news it is hard to determine who is legitimate. Multiple reliable media sources said Karlsson was going to Vegas, then Dallas, then Tampa Bay and that the deal was pretty much done, then nothing happened. But thanks for letting me know about rumorbreak, I didn't know the history behind him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Good to know. Given the lack of credibility in reliable media sources surrounding Karlsson news it is hard to determine who is legitimate. Multiple reliable media sources said Karlsson was going to Vegas, then Dallas, then Tampa Bay and that the deal was pretty much done, then nothing happened. But thanks for letting me know about rumorbreak, I didn't know the history behind him.

I mean, when you're writing about trade talks in what basically amounts to real time thanks to Twitter and such, it's kind of normal for things to change radically from one day to the next. People act as if the likes of Friedman, Shawn Simpson and Dreger make shit up but they're just relaying the latest info. By all accounts there were serious talks between Ottawa and all of Vegas, Dallas and Tampa, but negotiations can always fall apart.

If people only want to know about when EK is actually traded and it's confirmed by the NHL, then they should probably stay away from the internet.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I mean, when you're writing about trade talks in what basically amounts to real time thanks to Twitter and such, it's kind of normal for things to change radically from one day to the next. People act as if the likes of Friedman, Shawn Simpson and Dreger make **** up but they're just relaying the latest info. By all accounts there were serious talks between Ottawa and all of Vegas, Dallas and Tampa, but negotiations can always fall apart.

If people only want to know about when EK is actually traded and it's confirmed by the NHL, then they should probably stay away from the internet.

Well said.

These kinds of talks are completely fluid. Teams come close to making deals all the time. Difference is, before social media, we never heard about it.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
While I will admit that I still hold a sliver of hope that Karlsson may re-sign, I am growing tired of the situation. My whole thought regarding the draft pick the Sens had to give to COL was you have to market hope and you can't pass the 4th overall pick because you're telling everyone "we expect to be even worse next year". But I also had in the back of my head, if you're losing the best player in team history in his prime, don't sugarcoat it; it's gotta be a rebuild and likely to be a tough year.

Seems that the Sens are having trouble maximizing the value of Karlsson by working out an extension. I'm tempted to wait til the trade deadline because they'll at least get to have EK in the lineup this season for a better chance and can still flip him for a decent return. Maybe even can work on the sliver of hope to resign.

But if I give up hope why not just cut to it now. Go to COL and say "how about EK for our first and Shane Bowers?" At this point would you be really all that disappointed? Not the huge return I'd hoped for, but...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Watching Karlsson highlights today made me so sad. Makes you almost forget how brilliant he is on a nightly basis. I seriously cannot picture him playing for another team. #ForeverKarl
Well, we all had to watch Alfie play for someone else, I guess that was the warm up to the main event. It is a very sad state of affairs. But not unique.

We will survive as others have. But it will take a while...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Watching Karlsson highlights today made me so sad. Makes you almost forget how brilliant he is on a nightly basis. I seriously cannot picture him playing for another team. #ForeverKarl

I would support him fully but I don't think I would smile when he lifts a cup with another team. I really don't. Maybe years from now but it'll hurt. He deserves to lift it with us. Whether next year or 5 years from now.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Duchene we’ll reported. When he was first on the market ceci was an ask.

Drouin. Well reported. They wanted ceci plus a pick/white.

Hall. Well. Was hall.
link ? cause i know the hall one and it was it more that edm wanted larsson more

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The Oilers traded Gretzky for money and still won a cup.

If we can also trade Ryan, add an extra two bodies and completely shift the locker room culture we might actually have a .500 season.

This is perhaps the lowest point in our respective fandoms but it could always be worse - we could be Habs fans.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->