Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If we didn’t have to dump that 2nd round pick to NYR for brassard it could’ve been used to outbid NYI for Grubauer. Lmfao
Assuming anyone would take Andy or Condon tho

I think you are forgetting that the Sens would also have to take on Orpiks contract.

No way would Melnyk take on Orpiks contract without getting rid of one of our other terrible contracts first.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Andy to Philly or NYI makes some sense I think. I don’t want Greiss unless we can also ditch Condon and Greiss is the backup. I wouldn’t mind Mrazek on a one year deal if it’s cheap. A prove yourself kind of deal.

If we deal Andy to Philly we could get Mrazek’s rights and maybe a pick or a prospect. I’m sure Philly could trade Neuvirth or Elliott to a team looking for a backup.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I thought it would be quiet tonight for the Sens, but i think we see one deal tomorrow sending a bit more salary out the door. Smith or Anderson is my guess.

Im starting to get the feeling we're getting trolled along by the media and that Karlsson and Duchene both sign day one of FA with an attempted youth movement around them.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I thought it would be quiet tonight for the Sens, but i think we see one deal tomorrow sending a bit more salary out the door. Smith or Anderson is my guess.

Im starting to get the feeling we're getting trolled along by the media and that Karlsson and Duchene both sign day one of FA with an attempted youth movement around them.

Yeah, I think Smith could move tomorrow. Andy I think will move in July if he does move. I think teams in the market for a goalie will explore the free agent market and trade possibilities before looking at Andy. Never know though. I hope we get something to talk about tomorrow.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yeah, I think Smith could move tomorrow. Andy I think will move in July if he does move. I think teams in the market for a goalie will explore the free agent market and trade possibilities before looking at Andy. Never know though. I hope we get something to talk about tomorrow.
I guess its up to his agent a bit from the sound of it. Whenever they talk about an agent seeking out other opportunities i assume its cuz the gm either couldnt find a taker after trying or just threw up his hands and said go ahead, good luck with that, have fun telling your client nobody wants him.

If he just had the one year left, id say he would be easy to move based on his resume. With that extra year though its gonna be tough, but i think they do at least try.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I guess its up to his agent a bit from the sound of it. Whenever they talk about an agent seeking out other opportunities i assume its cuz the gm either couldnt find a taker after trying or just threw up his hands and said go ahead, good luck with that, have fun telling your client nobody wants you.

If he just had the one year left, id say he would be easy to move based on his resume. With that extra year though its gonna be tough, but i think they do at least try.

Yup, and how many teams need a starter? Probably not too many. It will be a challenge to move him.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Given Anderson's age, contract, and play last season I think there is a pretty decent chance that he'll have to come back to Ottawa and show people that he can still make saves if he wants a chance to move on. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of moving him for some other problem contract [Moulson, Hossa, etc.] and then having to go and somehow find another goalie - the UFA goalie market seems to be complete garbage. Unless the Sens just want him out of the room immediately I'm not sure this will happen any time soon, or at all.

Zack Smith could maybe go tomorrow if the Sens are willing to just punt him off for a 5th or something. I'm just not sure how motivated they are to dump him, and, honestly, I'm skeptical about the level of interest in him as well. Similar players will come much cheaper as UFA's, and you can begin talking to them in a few more days.

Probably going to be a quiet day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad