Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The anxiety of what this team will look like by this time next week has be so anxious and nervous that if my scrotum were any tighter, you could grate cheese on it.

Being a fan of this team is flat out not good for your health. I'm sure my blood pressure is through the rood these days.

Im stealing the scrotum line!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He'd probably take a lowball offer to be the new Assistant GM here in Ottawa.

No experience, no support, and the willingness to be underpaid compared to his peers? He checks all the boxes for what we look for in a hockey ops executive.
We could hire him to be Randy Lee's chauffeur. Gryba's a hunter too, if Lee makes any sudden movements he can put him down.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Nah you take Svechnikov and Zadina. Overhaul that entire top forward group.

Roll this in 2 years time.

Dzingel - Duchene - Svechnikov
Zadina - Lindholm- Stone
Chlapik - White - Batherson
Formenton - Brown - Gagne

Chabot - Hanifin
Wolanin - Jaros
Boro - 2018 22nd pick (Bode Wilde)

This would require Hanifin, Lindholm and #2. Would let us deal Ceci, Pageau, Smith and all the rest of the 3rd / 4th liners for picks. Load up the cupboards and take a run at hometown boy DeHaan to reach the cap floor. It would be an exciting team to watch with lots of hope for the future. Tons and tons of mistakes would be made by the kids but at least it'd fun

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This would require Hanifin, Lindholm and #2. Would let us deal Ceci, Pageau, Smith and all the rest of the 3rd / 4th liners for picks. Load up the cupboards and take a run at hometown boy DeHaan to reach the cap floor. It would be an exciting team to watch with lots of hope for the future. Tons and tons of mistakes would be made by the kids but at least it'd fun
Yeah
Mistakes by proven veteran are just depressing
At least the kids are learning with theirs

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Trotz closing in on a $4mil/year deal to coach the Islanders.

... In case you were wondering why we won't ever be in the market for proven coaches with established track records.

I wonder what it's like to be a fan of a team serious about trying to improve? Must feel pretty good.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If GMPD can somehow pull a trade resembling the discussions above with CAR, hot damn I wouldn't even be upset that EK is gone. 2OA and Hanifin and the flexibility to give 4OA up and suck next year would be amazing.
are ypou referring our discussions... or discussions in an article

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Absolutely nothing confirmed and im definitely tossing this out way too early but Vegas is the front runner

@bdp has given info on this too so a collaborative effort .

Return. Ugh. Nothing concrete but being spoken about. Sticking my neck out way too early.

What I've heard. Bobby hopefully part of the deal. Bonus on July 1st an issue for Melnyk.

One of Haula or Eakin
One of Tuch, Theodore, Miller,
2019 first
Prospect

Again nothing concrete here fellas.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What I've heard. Bobby hopefully part of the deal. Bonus on July 1st an issue for Melnyk.

... and this is why I'm not getting my hopes up about the return on an inevitable Karlsson deal.

In this hypothetical trade scenario (which I'm more inclined to believe than not, at least as far as the general framework is concerned, ie: the type of deal we are looking to make even if we disregard the specifics), we're essentially trading hockey equity for cash.

This organization is doomed to obscurity as long as Eugene Melnyk owns it.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Absolutely nothing confirmed and im definitely tossing this out way too early but Vegas is the front runner

Return. Ugh. Nothing concrete but being spoken about. Sticking my neck out way too early.

One of Haula or Eakin
2019 first
Prospect

I for one appreciate you sticking your neck out, hope you have more luck than the last idiot.

Also, unless the prospect is Glass think I’m going to be sick.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

One of Haula or Eakin
2019 first
Prospect

How can Eakin even be considered over Haula? If Eakin is a main piece of this trade I'm jumping off a bridge

Regardless, if you get Haula, Theodore, 1st, the deal really hinges on who that prospect is.

Reactions: branch

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

One of Haula or Eakin
2019 first
Prospect

If we must move EK:

Haula
Tuch
2019 first
brannstrom

would be lovely return. Draft Dobson.

Haula-Duchene-Dzingel
Tuch-Brown-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-Paul-McCormick

Chabot-Dobson
Brannstrom-Ceci
Wolanin-Boro

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I for one appreciate you sticking your neck out, hope you have more luck than the last idiot.

Also, unless the prospect is Glass think I’m going to be sick.

Not my info and dont want to post for anyone else but apparently Glass was not a holdup to a deal at trade deadline . Tske that for what it's worth

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Not my info and dont want to post for anyone else but apparently Glass was not a holdup to a deal at trade deadline . Tske that for what it's worth

Not a hold up as in, we didn't want him, or, they had no problem including him?
(I assume the former)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Funny enough Theodore, Suzuki/Elvenes, Eakin/Lindberg, 2019 1st for Karlsson+Ryan was exact the deal I was expecting

Return is fine if the worst contract in the league is accompanying Karl to Sin City, but if Bobby is staying, it's disappointing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad