Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Haula
Theodore
!st
Glass

would be a real good return but it will probably be Eakin, Tuch, 1st and some random ass prospect

Reactions: Deku

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
So the once in a generation opportunity to rebuild this team right and we're gonna toss in Bobby Ryan to diminish the return. If he's in any EK deal we are royally screwed. Keep the guy, when we're ready to compete in 4 years his contract is done. It's also not a terrible idea to keep some vets around the kids

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I predicted Miller, Lindberg, Hague, Suzuki, 2019 1st for Karlsson and Ryan a few days ago. I also had us taking back Clarkson's contract, which has a 5.25 cap hit but only costs Melnyk 900k cash money - that would be big for Vegas and it's why I included another asset coming back our way.

I just can't see any other destination besides Vegas making sense for a Karlsson/Ryan package.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Absolutely nothing confirmed and im definitely tossing this out way too early but Vegas is the front runner

@bdp has given info on this too so a collaborative effort .

Return. Ugh. Nothing concrete but being spoken about. Sticking my neck out way too early.

What I've heard. Bobby hopefully part of the deal. Bonus on July 1st an issue for Melnyk.

One of Haula or Eakin
One of Tuch, Theodore, Miller,
2019 first
Prospect

Again nothing concrete here fellas.

There's a lot of variation here.

For example:

Haula, Theodore, Glass, 2019 1st would be a good return.
Eakin, Tuch, Brannstrom, 2019 1st would be a terrible return.

Reactions: Deku

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
I don’t care if the prospect is never going to amount to Karl’s jock. I just want something to look forward to. 2nd overall....Glass.....just something like that.

I don’t value Karl as much as I once did, this team can’t have one guy making 10+ and compete. Karl does have some injury issues as well.

To Vegas
Erik Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

To Ottawa
Clarkson
Glass
2019 1st
Tuch
Haula/Theodore

Cool with me. That 2019 1st could be very good if we don’t see Vegas replicating the magic.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So the once in a generation opportunity to rebuild this team right and we're gonna toss in Bobby Ryan to diminish the return. If he's in any EK deal we are royally screwed. Keep the guy, when we're ready to compete in 4 years his contract is done. It's also not a terrible idea to keep some vets around the kids

How the f*** do we get to the cap floor if we trade Bobby Ryan?

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Absolutely nothing confirmed and im definitely tossing this out way too early but Vegas is the front runner

@bdp has given info on this too so a collaborative effort .

Return. Ugh. Nothing concrete but being spoken about. Sticking my neck out way too early.

What I've heard. Bobby hopefully part of the deal. Bonus on July 1st an issue for Melnyk.

One of Haula or Eakin
One of Tuch, Theodore, Miller,
2019 first
Prospect

Again nothing concrete here fellas.

So we'd be buying high on a 27-year old coming off a career year, buying high on either a 22-year-old or a 26-year-old coming off a career year, getting a late 1st and a prospect?

Like others have said, it'd have to be a dang good prospect. To make it a decent trade, I think it'd have to be Haula, Theodore, and Glass. Tuch was good in the playoffs, but he doesn't have near the track record to make him the centrepiece of a deal. I'd also prefer almost any other piece over Haula or Eakin.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
How the **** do we get to the cap floor if we trade Bobby Ryan?
Pretty much this, unless we take Clarkson back so we'll have like 10m sitting at home that Euge only pays less that 2m due to insurance for both his and Mac's deals. This would be such a melnyk move, our actual salary would be less than 60m is my guess.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
W
Guarantee: If we acquire Haula, he goes back to being a 10-15 goal, 35 point player in this system. Eakin is even worse.

Woo!

While 29 goals and 55 points is likely as good as it gets for Haula, he would be a great addition.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
In these hypothetical trades with Vegas and our recent activity.

Out: Hoff (5.1m), EK (6.5m), Ryan (7.25m)

I pulled those numbers from memory, how much would we be bringing back in? Too lazy to look it up but thinking it's less than half. That's almost 20m walking out the door and 25m if you count extension for EK

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
W

While 29 goals and 55 points is likely as good as it gets for Haula, he would be a great addition.

He played in a run-and-gun system and (basically) wasn't expected to play defense. Everyone in Vegas saw a lift in stats because of their style.

Before, his career high was 15 goals and 34 points.

In Boucher's system, he reverts to that.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
How the **** do we get to the cap floor if we trade Bobby Ryan?

Easy. We already have MacArthur. Take back Clarkson from Vegas. Buyout Burrows and Gaborik. Phaneuf retention is already on the books. That alone is ~16M against the cap but only costs Melnyk ~5.6M in cash money.

Once you sign Stone and Ceci you're there. Maybe add one depth free agent.

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He played in a run-and-gun system and (basically) wasn't expected to play defense. Everyone in Vegas saw a lift in stats because of their style.

Before, his career high was 15 goals and 34 points.

In Boucher's system, he reverts to that.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that. I just like what he can bring to the team, loved his game in Minny.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If you bring back Clarkson with Haula and a prospect, re-sign stone at 7.5 and Ceci at 4, the cap hit is 65m. Salary is about 55m once MacArthur and Clarkson go on LTIR.

The savings of contracts Boedker being 3m salary with a 4m cap is wiped out by ones like Andersons deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad