Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't see the point of buying out Burrows. Let him be the 13th forward and let the problem expire after this year. Why make it a two year problem?

I also think we should plan to buyout Gaborik next year instead. The money makes more sense, and it gives us one more chance to hope he fails his training camp physical and goes on LTIR.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I don't see the point of buying out Burrows. Let him be the 13th forward and let the problem expire after this year. Why make it a two year problem?

I also think we should plan to buyout Gaborik next year instead. The money makes more sense, and it gives us one more chance to hope he fails his training camp physical and goes on LTIR.

Burrows is a 35+ contract - his cap hit doesn't change if he's bought out. So it saves Melnyk money, keeps 2.5M on the books this season to get to the cap floor and opens a roster spot for a younger player. Seems like a layup to me.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I completely agree honestly, it's not even a move that makes a ton of sense financially, as a buyout only saves EM about $800k (which would be taken by whoever replaces him in the lineup). I think Gaborik is the only logical buyout candidate at this point.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Burrows is a 35+ contract - his cap hit doesn't change if he's bought out. So it saves Melnyk money, keeps 2.5M on the books this season to get to the cap floor and opens a roster spot for a younger player. Seems like a layup to me.

Man, that's some evil genius stuff right there. Didn't even think of this angle, but if we're gonna be a cap floor team, I'm sure EM still plans on spending lower than the floor (thanks to back loaded deals and sneaky buyout tricks).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't buy yet that we're going to barely hit the floor. I think Eugene is cheaping out, but I don't think it'll be as bad as its being made out to be.

I just prefer the problem to be done this year, I don't like the idea of carrying part of the cost in to next year as well.
I completely agree honestly, it's not even a move that makes a ton of sense financially, as a buyout only saves EM about $800k (which would be taken by whoever replaces him in the lineup). I think Gaborik is the only logical buyout candidate at this point.

And doesn't Gaborik make a lot more sense next year? It also takes out the option of him failing his physical and going on LTIR, which I'm sure the team has more of a pulse on than us.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
When did this get reported?

No where.....Which has been the root cause of most of this train wreck of an off season......So much made up BS to generate clickbait

Everyone knows. Why would EK EVER want to resign in this TIRE FIRE. Loser owner, loser team, amateur hour. Youre dreaming in technical colour if you think he re-signs here PERIOD.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

The point is to get him off the team. He sucks. He shouldn’t play ANY games for us ever again ahead of guys like White, Chlapik, etc. Hell even McCormick, especially after those looney antics against Hall. He was waived for a reason and I suspect and sincerely hope he’ll be bought out.

I’d wager Burrows and Gaborik ain’t here in September.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Ever since he stopped listening to Boucher’s 1989 opinions, Dorion has shown a bit of a trend with the players he covets.

Duchene, Paajarvi, Boedker, etc. Speedy two way forwards. Burrows and Gaborik do not fit that mold, not right now anyways.

Let White, Chlapik, Brown and possibly Formenton a chance to take over the team. Give them the opportunity. I don’t want 40 year olds on the roster giving the coach the option to sit a younger guy. We’re supposed to be rebuilding.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Nobody is getting bought out. Eugene will string these geriatrics up weekend at Bernie's style from the catwalk if he has to.

We retained on Phaneuf’s contract, and Dorion already said that one or more players may be bought out this summer, so how can you be so sure?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Everyone knows. Why would EK EVER want to resign in this TIRE FIRE. Loser owner, loser team, amateur hour. Youre dreaming in technical colour if you think he re-signs here PERIOD.
I don't doubt that he's likely not here, but it's still not known for sure. You're entitled to your opinion though.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The point is to get him off the team. He sucks. He shouldn’t play ANY games for us ever again ahead of guys like White, Chlapik, etc. Hell even McCormick, especially after those looney antics against Hall. He was waived for a reason and I suspect and sincerely hope he’ll be bought out.

I’d wager Burrows and Gaborik ain’t here in September.
Ya fair enough. I care less about Burrows, but I was really hoping we could push Gaborik on to LTIR as opposed to a buyout, since it would be significantly more beneficial to us. If the plan was to buy him out, I'm still confused why we did the trade in the first place.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
On Gaborik - If I were the Sens I'd be pretty worried about not being able to get the insurance payout if this guy were to go on LTIR at any point. With his extensive injury history...

If he's healthy enough to pass a physical, they should buy him out while they can.

Also - for what it's worth - it's substantially more expensive to buyout Gaborik next year. If they do it now, they pay him ~7.2M. If they do it next summer they pay him his 4.575M salary in 18/19 PLUS 4.2M over the course of the buyout. That's like an extra 20%.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Everyone knows. Why would EK EVER want to resign in this TIRE FIRE. Loser owner, loser team, amateur hour. You're dreaming in technical colour if you think he re-signs here PERIOD.

Not to be THAT guy, but it's actaully

Featured_170111_022900.jpg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Burrows contract is irrevelant,he has one more year at 2.5 ...Let him ride the pine,and his money can go to one of the extensions we have to sign for next year

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I can't wait for July 1st. We're trading Ryan to Vancouver for Eriksson.

Not only does Loui fit the team chemistry better on and off ice, but his contract is down right stupid. 6 million dollar cap hit, 1 and 2 million dollars actuall salary.

Contracts like Loui's and Boedker's are going to help us to pony up for Stone, EK and Duchene (later Chabot and #4).

Reactions: NB613

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Not only does Loui fit the team chemistry better on and off ice, but his contract is down right stupid. 6 million dollar cap hit, 1 and 2 million dollars actuall salary.

Contracts like Loui's and Boedker's are going to help us to pony up for Stone, EK and Duchene (later Chabot and #4).
How many years left on Loui,s deal??

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

That's because his contract is largely signing bonuses (including a $3 million signing bonus in a potential lockout season), making him possibly even more buyout proof than Ryan.

Even if Vancouver pays this year's bonus on July 1st there would be $14 million left on his deal (granted that's less than Ryan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad