Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The Flames would take that and run very far very fast.

No one is giving up a singular piece with that much value for Stone a year away from free agency. The deal would have to come with an extension in place and even then, considering the age gap and the (probable) salary gap, I think it's something they'd have to think long and hard about.

Reactions: Rubi

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Edit: NVM. Misread the intention of the thread. I had no trolling intentions whatsoever.

Last edited:

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Duchene -to Ducks - S. Steel, M. Jones-to Ottawa

Duchene- will help the Ducks offence which has struggled at times... they get Dushene for the entire year chance of resigning him...

S. Steel- has a chance to be a similar type of player such as Duchene.. but a lot younger -start the rebuild..
M. Jones- a great physical player who can skate- Can be the next Tom Wilson of the Caps..

*Note I rate Steel very highly- I think he will be a great NHL player for many years*

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The title clearly said M.Tkachuk. Don’t be shocked when you get those types of responses when you come in trolling.
I had no intention of trolling. Sorry if it was taken as such. I took M. Stone to mean Michael Stone and the poster was suggesting a trade for Michael for Brady Tkachuk (the M. Tkachuk being a typo).. Which is why I jumped at agreeing to the trade.
Trading Matthew Tkachuk for Michael Stone is ridiculous... particulary when he'll be a free agent next year and the Flames, if they wanted him, could get him for free.... other than what they would have to pay in salary.
Again, sorry.. I had no intention to troll your thread.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I had no intention of trolling. Sorry if it was taken as such. I took M. Stone to mean Michael Stone and the poster was suggesting a trade for Michael for Brady Tkachuk (the M. Tkachuk being a typo).. Which is why I jumped at agreeing to the trade.
Trading Matthew Tkachuk for Michael Stone is ridiculous... particulary when he'll be a free agent next year and the Flames, if they wanted him, could get him for free.... other than what they would have to pay in salary.
Thanks for stopping in. Assumed a typo ... yah right .. whatever .

Reactions: Clayonator

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The mods are so going to give us **** tomorrow for not discussing trades.... Full disclosure I was a hall monitor in elementary school... so I kinda get it..:laugh:
tenor.gif

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
"If they want him"

They can't get him for free if they want to....unless you don't understand how UFA works.

Just like trading B. Tkachuk for Michael Stone is ridiculous?

You're on a roll.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
"If they want him"

They can't get him for free if they want to....unless you don't understand how UFA works.

Just like trading B. Tkachuk for Michael Stone is ridiculous?

You're on a roll.
Sure, the Flames would love to have Mark Stone. They wouldn't want him at the cost of Matthew Tkachuk given Michael's current contract situation.
And yes, trading Brady Tkachuk for Michael Stone is ridiculous, which is why I and the Flames would jump at it.
I understand perfectly how UFA's work. Next year Mark Stone will be a UFA and most likely, not guaranteed but most likely, will not re-sign with Ottawa.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We shouldn't do either; it's not that complicated.

Agreed, but I understand we all get triggered by our differences in opinion. Wish we would be not as harsh and less hyperbolic though. I mean, does the talk we can read here is expressed the same way in reality, away from the internet?

You could certainly make an argument that some of these are true though.

I'm certainly not going to go about it like FQL, cause that's a little aggressive for my liking, but let's not act like he's completely out to lunch either. There's a reason Ryan is viewed negatively on this board and it's more than just his contract. This guy was declining long before the injuries hit as well, so that's a bit of a cop out in my books.

Yeah but those assessments go way too far. Look at who started this debate, Nac Mac Feegle, he said something similar but presented it in a respectful way and actually arguments to support his claims. That's how you do it.

On declining... I have no idea where this notion comes from... Sure he peaked very young (had his career seasons from 21 to 23 y/o) but after that he has been one of the most consistent NHL players for 5 years :

2011-12 : 0.70 PPG
2012-13 : 0.65 PPG
2013-14 : 0.69 PPG
2014-15 : 0.69 PPG
2015-16 : 0.69 PPG

Last 2 years he had a down in production as he struggled heavily with injuries as well as off-ice stuff.

Got the whole board triggered. You guys hate me so much you're willing to defend white supremacy to attack me. This is glorious.

I personally don't hate you at all, just certain of your views ;)

Nothing should be personal here, It's all opinions and I think it's natural we get triggered for our differences.

But I would like to see somebody tell me that I am a white supremacist or racist, lol, my wife is half Jamaican. Should I hate Ryan then?

I also hate terrorists to no end, does that make me a Trump supporter? I also have Muslim friends, I mean, am I confused? Am I weak mentally? What is going on?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sure, the Flames would love to have Mark Stone. They wouldn't want him at the cost of Matthew Tkachuk given Michael's current contract situation.
And yes, trading Brady Tkachuk for Michael Stone is ridiculous, which is why I and the Flames would jump at it.
I understand perfectly how UFA's work. Next year Michael Stone will be a UFA and most likely, not guaranteed but most likely, will not re-sign with Ottawa.
And what makes you think MARK signs with the Flames? If he's not signing here, he's not signing in Calgary. He will go somewhere to win for lots of money.

Just because he makes it to UFA and Calgary send money his way doesn't mean he'd sign there, as you laid out.

Reactions: Beville

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Sure, but the Flames wouldn't pull the trigger for a variety of reasons so it's a moot point.

Obviously the Flames wouldn't make this trade but in normal circumstances, where we have money to spend and we are confident in our ability to lock Stone up long-term, we shouldn't either.

Reactions: bert

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
And what makes you think MARK signs with the Flames? If he's not signing here, he's not signing in Calgary. He will go somewhere to win for lots of money.

Just because he makes it to UFA and Calgary send money his way doesn't mean he'd sign there, as you laid out.
You're right. In fact there's a strong possibility that Mark Stone doesn't sign with the Flames, given what he'll want as a FA. I doubt that Treliving will want to pay the $$ that Mark will want, particularly as we now have Lindholm and James Neal on the payroll filling those RW spots that Stone would play in.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I understand perfectly how UFA's work. Next year Michael Stone will be a UFA and most likely, not guaranteed but most likely, will not re-sign with Ottawa.
Mark stone dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad