Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
- Ryan is soft physically
- Ryan is soft mentally
- Ryan is fat and has been most of his career
- Ryan can't take the heat on Twitter (staying away from social medias is actually something smart people do)
- Ryan is weak between the ears
- Ryan is very bad at hockey
- Ryan is not in pro athlete shape

You could certainly make an argument that some of these are true though.

I'm certainly not going to go about it like FQL, cause that's a little aggressive for my liking, but let's not act like he's completely out to lunch either. There's a reason Ryan is viewed negatively on this board and it's more than just his contract. This guy was declining long before the injuries hit as well, so that's a bit of a cop out in my books.

FireDJ

Jul 20, 2006
Alberta
The fan boys on these boards is crazy. Zack Smith is a waste of a roster spot. Bobby Ryan is a waste of a roster spot. Harpur, Boro, Ceci, all wastes of roster spots. When you have 35% of your team that makes 16.725 million, that's a complete waste.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hey, was it you who I had the Zack Smith bet with? I'm trying to remember the terms and who it was with. All I know is someone is probably gonna have the name AustinMatthewsIsMyDaddy

Yup, it was me. It’s not looking good for me right now, but there’s still time! Truthfully, I think he stays put though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh, Ryan I would think would want out by now,so its up to him to make that happen...He needs to give us a great season and then we can look at maybe moving him

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Just saw Duchene is signing a bunch of memorabilia. I don't think he would be doing it on such a large scale if he wasn't going to be signing a contract with us.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The owners and the GM's are as much to blame as anyone for handing out ridiculous long term contracts like Ryan's, with money that is beyond comprehension.
3rd and 4th liners are multi -millionaires now for their 12 minutes of ice time. Any owner who signs a player to a contract now that may end in a player's mid-thirties deserves what they get. Karlsson may be the exception,but even with him performance will deteriorate as a player ages and injuries will take a toll.

Ideally 5 years should be the max term, but the nhlpa would never go for that.

Lockout here we come! Will have to get used to watching Texas Hold'em again!☹

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
OMFG the dab drives me nuts. It's silly. My kids do it to annoy me. I can't for the life of me see how anyone can honestly conclude that Bobby Ryan is a racist based on that nonsense. The author of that article should be ashamed of themselves. (Bobby Ryan, Coded Language, and Prejudice). It's not journalism and it's full of convenient confirmation bias. That article tells me more about the author than it does Bobby Ryan.

I wonder what silos some of the posters live in. Get off social media and actually talk to people. This 'world view' as seen through Twitter and Facebook is not reality.

Edit: when I was growing up, when you said or did something stupid, more than likely someone would smack you upside the head. There are simply too many special snowflakes on this forum.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
OMFG the dab drives me nuts. It's silly. My kids do it to annoy me. I can't for the life of me see how anyone can honestly conclude that Bobby Ryan is a racist based on that nonsense. The author of that article should be ashamed of themselves. (Bobby Ryan, Coded Language, and Prejudice). It's not journalism and it's full of convenient confirmation bias. That article tells me more about the author than it does Bobby Ryan.

I wonder what silos some of the posters live in. Get off social media and actually talk to people. This 'world view' as seen through Twitter and Facebook is not reality.

Edit: when I was growing up, when you said or did something stupid, more than likely someone would smack you upside the head. There are simply too many special snowflakes on this forum.

The author of that article is prejudice.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Everybody that posts on this forum is here because we love the Sens and we want them to succeed and bring the cup to Ottawa.
That’s something we can ALL agree on.

Go Sens Go!

Reactions: Sensinitis

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Do we?

That Alex Lafreniere looks legit.
2fza8w.jpg

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
[Mark Stone for Matthew Tkachuk]

Would Sens fans be happy with this trade?

It would be great to reunite the brothers!

Last edited by a moderator:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sure, but the Flames wouldn't pull the trigger for a variety of reasons so it's a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad