Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Id rather trade Duchene and keep Dzingel for half the price

Keep stacking up picks and prospects & go all in on Alexis Lafrenière next year

And then when we inevitably end up picking out of the top 10 we go back to square one.

Best to keep the #1C we traded the farm for and hope our goaltending and defense is atrocious enough to get us that bottom-5 finish.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Bad take. And HNIC crew disagreed when they broke the news. Said it was a fair offer. Don't forget that Duchene got cold for significant stretches of the past few seasons.

Kypreos said it was a fair offer which doesn't mean much. 8 mill is a lowball offer. You can see it as a starting point in the process or Duchene's camp could view it as being unrealistic. My point is that the negotiation process has to be on fast forward so you can work on contingency plans in case Duchene or Stone decide to move on.
Pierre has to be working both sides.
Paving the way for possible trades if it comes to this.......hopefully not!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dzingel might actually be the first goal scorer I feel is expendable enough to get us that desperately needed top-4 D. Could definitely see him move to St-Louis. Kid's done us a big one by having what will be a 30-35 goal season when we need the help on defense or perhaps a decent 1st round pick.

In reality though, we'll probably re-sign him at $6M and trade one of Stone or Duchene and be mediocre forever.

Reactions: Silencio

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Kypreos said it was a fair offer which doesn't mean much. 8 mill is a lowball offer. You can see it as a starting point in the process or Duchene's camp could view it as being unrealistic. My point is that the negotiation process has to be on fast forward so you can work on contingency plans in case Duchene or Stone decide to move on.
Pierre has to be working both sides.
Paving the way for possible trades if it comes to this.......hopefully not!

Dear Lord, have you read what people have said about your initial statement? You might be the only person in the world that thinks that 8.0 x 8 years for Duchene is a "lowball" offer...

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Dear Lord, have you read what people have said about your initial statement? You might be the only person in the world that thinks that 8.0 x 8 years for Duchene is a "lowball" offer

I stand by it! "Lowball" may have been an exaggeration but there is no doubt that he will get more than 8 mill per, based on his performance this season and the inflated contracts owners are dispensing. Have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon

Yes but Ottawa's in no position to be "inflating salaries" as you put it. 8x8 is a fair offer for Duchene from this org and I think most agree.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Agree that for a budget team they have started to open the wallet.
My fear is that Duchene will follow the money elsewhere,because other teams are in a position to offer more $$.
As I have stated before, PD better be prepared for this scenario.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yes but Ottawa's in no position to be "inflating salaries" as you put it. 8x8 is a fair offer for Duchene from this org and I think most agree.

$100 000 is fair to play NHL hockey, $8 million is also fair.

In the market place Duch gets minimum $9 million and probably closer to $10 million

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
$100 000 is fair to play NHL hockey, $8 million is also fair.

In the market place Duch gets minimum $9 million and probably closer to $10 million

Yeah probably, some team desperate or rich enough could offer that...but from what I've been reading here most don't seem prepared to offer that amount of cash. As much as I like Matt...if he's looking for 9-10 then trade away.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
[MOD] With Lehner looking lights out I would be interested to know if PD wanted to bring him back. Chances are probably not since this guy couldn't deal himself out of a wet paper bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What a weird thing to assume. Maybe he hates Trump America. Maybe he has a hottie in Ottawa who won't leave. Maybe he likes the Kanata Centrum. Who friggin knows???
His GF is a pro golfer in the south. He's 100% not playing here next year.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
8x8 is only fair if 30-40 million of that is paid as bonus money in years 1-3 along with a nmc

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If the fanbase ain’t willing to go above $8 million for Duchene or $9 million for Stone - WHY NOT?

This fanbase has been robbed of talent and Alfie by shortchanging the elite players the team has had and horrible cap management by giving contracts to overevaluated talent the organization fell in love with like Weircoche, Cowen, Greening.

We have 2 legitimate stars in Ottawa but people want Poo-Jeans Melnyck to save an extra million for his pocket after he’s cheaped out on every single thing the franchise has ever done.

This Fan base isn’t NHL ready, don’t believe or don’t want to compete in a big boys market place. The small town mentality that Muckler said has to disappear for the team to win is back.

Whatever swagger is, the Ottawa Senators fans don’t have it.

Last edited:

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Lots of teams would pay at least 8 million and Ottawa better realize it.
This is definitely a "TSN turning point" !
So you’re saying he’ll go to free agency where he’ll likely be offered $63M? Sounds hopeless. How much are the Senators offering?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
If the fanbase ain’t willing to go above $8 million for Duchene or $9 million for Stone - WHY NOT?

This fanbase has been robbed of talent and Alfie by shortchanging the elite players the team has had and horrible cap management by giving contracts to overevaluated talent the organization fell in love with like Weircoche, Cowen, Greening.

We have 2 legitimate stars in Ottawa but people want Poo-Jeans Melnyck to save an extra million for his pocket after he’s cheaped out on every single thing the franchise has ever done.

This Fan base isn’t NHL ready, don’t believe or don’t want to compete in a big boys market place. The small town mentality that Muckler said has to disappear for the team to win is back.

Whatever swagger is, the Ottawa Senators fans don’t have it.
I guess the rest of us are just operating in reality.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As others have pointed out he's statistically speaking pretty close to $6m turris. He's undeniably better. But then, statistically speaking, $8m is also more than $6m.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
[MOD] With Lehner looking lights out I would be interested to know if PD wanted to bring him back. Chances are probably not since this guy couldn't deal himself out of a wet paper bag.

He is going to get a big payday.

I assume the Islanders keep him on something like a 4 year 5.5M type contract.

Speaking of the Islanders, they are now apparently buyers. Their previous management was after Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad