Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
What about Frolik for Condon?

He apparently wants out of CGY. I assume nobody wants him straight up based on the fact that they haven't moved him yet.

It's salary in/salary out for Ottawa since both players make 3M.

CGY frees up around 2.25M in cap when Condon is buried and a replacement six figure roster player is called up in Frolik's spot.

We can probably get a 3rd for Frolik's at the deadline. The reason he would be more valuable at the deadline is that teams only would have to fit in his remaining cap hit. Right now, they'd have to fit in his entire cap hit.

Pros for Sens:
-Add veteran top 9 forward without adding salary
-Add more salary cap without adding salary (we don't need it to reach the floor, but it gives us a buffer)
-Get asset at the deadline (Condon will still be worthless)

Pros for Flames:
-Add over 2M in cap
-Resolve the Frolik drama (he apparently wants out)
What about Frolik for Condon?

He apparently wants out of CGY. I assume nobody wants him straight up based on the fact that they haven't moved him yet.

It's salary in/salary out for Ottawa since both players make 3M.

CGY frees up around 2.25M in cap when Condon is buried and a replacement six figure roster player is called up in Frolik's spot.

We can probably get a 3rd for Frolik's at the deadline. The reason he would be more valuable at the deadline is that teams only would have to fit in his remaining cap hit. Right now, they'd have to fit in his entire cap hit.

Pros for Sens:
-Add veteran top 9 forward without adding salary
-Add more salary cap without adding salary (we don't need it to reach the floor, but it gives us a buffer)
-Get asset at the deadline (Condon will still be worthless)

Pros for Flames:
-Add over 2M in cap
-Resolve the Frolik drama (he apparently wants out)
Frolik has a 10 team no trade clause. I doubt he’ll waive to join the Sens.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Frolik has a 10 team no trade clause. I doubt he’ll waive to join the Sens.
Why not? It's perfect. If I were him, I'd go to a rebuilder in a contract year. You go to the place where you'll play the most minutes to hopefully boost your UFA value next for offseason, and where you're guaranteed to get shipped to a playoff team at the deadline. Ottawa. It really is a win-win for him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I know it's a longshot but someone's got to be playing on our top lines and I think they'll pick him as a pseudo-top6 winger.
Tkachuk and Duclair are likely ahead of him on the left side, Balcers too, Batherson, Brown and Ryan will make it tough for him to get mins on the right side.

I just think he will be in tough to play in our top 9.

Reactions: Deku

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I don't know if the Sens will do any PTO's this year but there are a few names that might be worth considering giving a tryout to for training camp. Devante Smith-Pelly, Kerby Rychel, Stefan Matteau, Valeri Nichushkin, Stefan Noesen, Riley Sheahan, Joe Morrow, Griffin Reinheart

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know if the Sens will do any PTO's this year but there are a few names that might be worth considering giving a tryout to for training camp. Devante Smith-Pelly, Kerby Rychel, Stefan Matteau, Valeri Nichushkin, Stefan Noesen, Riley Sheahan, Joe Morrow, Griffin Reinheart
it's like a who's who of players that have been offered for a star player rumoured to have been on the trade block in 2016

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Tkachuk and Duclair are likely ahead of him on the left side, Balcers too, Batherson, Brown and Ryan will make it tough for him to get mins on the right side.

I just think he will be in tough to play in our top 9.

I'd hope Batherson gets top-6 minutes but I have a feeling they'll shelter him on the bottom-6 with some PP time from time to time.
As far as Boedker on the depth charts; I think he's on par with Ryan and ahead of Brown; thus playing 2nd line minutes.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd hope Batherson gets top-6 minutes but I have a feeling they'll shelter him on the bottom-6 with some PP time from time to time.
As far as Boedker on the depth charts; I think he's on par with Ryan and ahead of Brown; thus playing 2nd line minutes.

Boedker is not ahead of Brown.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I think frolik has some value. At least in my viewings he was quite good. I think it would take more than condon. I would like him on the sens because he seems like a very professional vet who could help the younger guys transition.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Why not? It's perfect. If I were him, I'd go to a rebuilder in a contract year. You go to the place where you'll play the most minutes to hopefully boost your UFA value next for offseason, and where you're guaranteed to get shipped to a playoff team at the deadline. Ottawa. It really is a win-win for him.
He has a better chance of bouncing back in Calgary than playing with Boedker and Anisimov in Ottawa.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We're talking about Connor Brown right? Not Logan Brown
Neither guy is good offensively at this stage in their careers but Brown is far better suited to play in an energy or shutdown role.

Also Brown did crack 30 pts in his rookie year.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Neither guy is good offensively at this stage in their careers but Brown is far better suited to play in an energy or shutdown role.

Also Brown did crack 30 pts in his rookie year.

Energy/shut-down on your top-6, sounds like a plan? Am I being punked? Boedker is a better option than Brown on the top-2 lines. Even if both are crap, one has "scoring pedigree" the other is a Leaf castoff.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Energy/shut-down on your top-6, sounds like a plan? Am I being punked? Boedker is a better option than Brown on the top-2 lines. Even if both are crap, one has "scoring pedigree" the other is a Leaf castoff.
Tkachuk and Duclair are better options in the top 6. Boedker can play 4th line/press box duty.

Boedker has never scored 20 goals and he's one of our worst forwards in his own zone. He won't be seeing much ice. The new coach apparently tly loves Brown, that's why he's here. Boedker is on his last legs in the NHL.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Why are we even debating Boedker vs Brown for the top-six when we have 5/6 better options for top-six wing spots?

Brown will probably line up at 3RW next to one of Pageau/Anisimov and Boedker will bounce around the bottom-six as needed. If one of the two is gonna play higher in the lineup than they should you'd have to assume it'll be Brown given his relationship with DJS.

Reactions: NB613 and TheNewEra

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Boedker might be out of the league if he has another year like last year.

I coild see him bolting for Europe if he's only being offered one year fourth line money next summer.

If you're expecting him to bounce back, it still likely won't be 20 goals considering he's only ever been above 15 once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad