Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposal Thread: Who Wouldn't Want Ham On it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Did you forget the game against Montreal?

Ah yes. Cherry pick one game where the oilers came back and won. Would be nice if that win took them out of last place.

I'm driving up to the game on Friday, I hope if they fall behind early they can battle back. I actually just wish we can lead from the beginning and win the game so I can party though.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Before Christmas:Eberle + Nugent Hoptkins

to Nasville for:Seth Jones+Jusse Saros(G 2.33,9.23%)+Tylors Aronson(D,16gp AHL 9pts)+1e 2016 and maybe ask for Calle Shankrok

Tylors Aronson could be change for Anthony Bitteto(d,6gp,3pts) or Trevor Murphy(d,16gp,8pts).

So Oilers would have a real number 1 or 2+ a great propsect goalie + a defense prospect and a 1e in 2016.

Nasville got a good 2e center and 1 or 2 forward.....

What do you think?

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Even if the team wanted to trade Nuge (which I think would be a bad, bad idea), there is no way they can trade him before McDavid comes back. Even then, Connor is going to take time to get back into it - at that time, no team will move anything other than picks and prospects for him, so it would be a bad move.

Eberle is still rounding into form. He's looked terribad, but he hadn't played competitive hockey in half a year, so that's going to happen. Still, I'd move him for Hamonic + if I thought that deal was on the table (which appears unlikely).

No team is going to want to take on Purcell et al until at least the deadline.

As much as it blows, the team's only real hope is that they can pull themselves out of the hole they've dug.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Maybe, he seems so off. I tend to think he plays to many minutes. Just burns him out. Last year he seemed so quick on his skates. Now he seems slow and off balance. He can't see to make passes like he use to. Just doesn't seem people in the right spots any more. Man, we really need him to step up.

He doesn't look any different to me than the majority of last season and he's playing the same type of minutes this season he did last year. He had his hot ~20 game stretch, but the rest of the season he was the same player he is now.

Not that he should be traded. Chiarelli needs to do his job without gutting the depth of this team. Do what he was brought in here to do and improve the team. The results on his off-season are a failure as indicated by the Oilers spot in the standings.

And if he does get traded, Chiarelli needs to make sure he gets a huge return for him. This organization never seems to be able to build up player value. Value just slowly diminishes until players are traded for pennies.

Now isn't the time to trade an RNH/Eberle and lose the trade.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I hate the way our bottom 6 looks.
We should not have traded Gordon. yes, Letestu is cheaper, but Gordon is better and it's not like we are in a cap crunch. we could have easily played gordon till the end of his contract and then let him walk. same with Derek Roy. He could have been had for cheap too.

How much better would have a bottom 6 of

Kourpikoski - Roy - Lander
Klinkhammer - Gordon - Hendricks

looked compared to the tire fire right now

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Before Christmas:Eberle + Nugent Hoptkins

to Nasville for:Seth Jones+Jusse Saros(G 2.33,9.23%)+Tylors Aronson(D,16gp AHL 9pts)+1e 2016 and maybe ask for Calle Shankrok

Tylors Aronson could be change for Anthony Bitteto(d,6gp,3pts) or Trevor Murphy(d,16gp,8pts).

So Oilers would have a real number 1 or 2+ a great propsect goalie + a defense prospect and a 1e in 2016.

Nasville got a good 2e center and 1 or 2 forward.....

What do you think?

Absolutely horrendous. Like, "shoot me in the head if that goes down" bad.

The Oilers can't trade two top 6 players for Seth Jones and mediocre prospects.

It's essential that impact players come back if a top 6 player is moved out.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
We should not have traded Gordon. yes, Letestu is cheaper, but Gordon is better and it's not like we are in a cap crunch. we could have easily played gordon till the end of his contract and then let him walk. same with Derek Roy. He could have been had for cheap too.

Gordon has 1 assist this season. Gordon asked for a trade and wanted to be traded to Arizona.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com

You can't have the 2 bolded asa they were traded for each other.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Would it be silly of me to suggest re-signing Purcell if he's still available after a few days of free agency and if he's willing to take a 1 or 2 year deal at 1.5M per - 2M per?

"runs and hides"

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Would it be silly of me to suggest re-signing Purcell if he's still available after a few days of free agency and if he's willing to take a 1 or 2 year deal at 1.5M per - 2M per?

"runs and hides"
I wouldn't give him league minimum on a 2 way. I hate him so much. I hate most of our players right now. Especially Eberle, Fayne, Purcell.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
For those who want to keep RNH and Eberle. How do you see them fare in the playoffs if they can't even show up for regular season games?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
For those who want to keep RNH and Eberle. How do you see them fare in the playoffs if they can't even show up for regular season games?

Well, even though I'm on the trade Eberle train for the right pieces...

RNH is a two-way C and a gamer and I have no issues thinking he'd definitely show up in the playoffs. He's 22 years old. It only took 15 games for 30% of the fanbase on HF to turn on him. He's a must for this team if they want success.

Eberle at the world juniors? I mean, he hasn't had a chance since to be clutch like that.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
So...back to trading Hall.

If he ends up being our only valuable asset for a top 4 defender.....

Do you

A) trade him for the defender
B) wait until next year

?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Well, even though I'm on the trade Eberle train for the right pieces...

RNH is a two-way C and a gamer and I have no issues thinking he'd definitely show up in the playoffs. He's 22 years old. It only took 15 games for 30% of the fanbase on HF to turn on him. He's a must for this team if they want success.

Eberle at the world juniors? I mean, he hasn't had a chance since to be clutch like that.

RNH captained a heavily stacked WJC team Canada as an overager and were favorites to win. Please tell me how well he led that team.

Eberle hasn't played like that since receiving his extension. We can kiss that Eberle good bye.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
RNH captained a heavily stacked WJC team Canada as an overager and were favorites to win. Please tell me how well he led that team.

Eberle hasn't played like that since receiving his extension. We can kiss that Eberle good bye.

I wouldn't shoulder the blame majorly on RNH for that WJC team whatsoever. RNH lead in points overall for the whole tournament out of every player in every team. What else can he do when he had two plug goalies in net? Subban was mediocre at best as the goalie. If you're going to criticize RNH, the WJC is just a weak argument to use.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Milan Michalek out long term in Ottawa, I wonder if there's a potential deal with them to be had? Apparently Bryan Murray wanted Pouliot when he was a free agent, maybe something like Pouliot for Lazar...?

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
The Oilers have been a dumpster fire, roughly since Messier got traded, in large part because we've continually had weak depth at centre. Arnott and nobody. Weight and nobody. Horcoff masquerading as a 1C. Now that we can honestly foresee a time when we can roll out McDavid, Draisaitl and the Nuge how can we let that go?

There has to be some way to upgrade on D by trading a combination of wingers, prospects and draft picks and not gutting the centre depth we've suffered so long to build. Sadly, we probably have to be patient (I know, I know, I cringe at that word), hope Klefbom, Nurse, Reinhardt and Jultz progress and wait for the next Hamilton or Hamonic situation to pop up. If all else fails, we may have to pray our scouts find the next Parayko of our own.

In short, we have 3 birds in the hand at C and that will open up huge opportunities for line matching, especially on the road, and some options when injuries inevitably happen. We are almost there. Do not trade Nuge or Drai. We would live to regret it.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

We might as well put Jultz on that train out of town too. Butter soft....In the spirit of the "Mc" theme....

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Good point... Ok, so if we are trading RNH or Eberle for a potential top pairing DMan, what kind of DMan are we foing to get?? Comes down to the fact that these players are fantastically underachieving or flawed, so what GM in their right mind is going to give up a top high value asset for them? I bet theyve been offered up and there isnt much offered in return.... Just damaged goods right now. Nobodys giving up a talented DMan like this team so badly needs for either of these guys with their contracts.

Go big or go home - RNH and 2015 1st to Nashville for Josi and 2nd

RNH for Josi might work, if you can get a time machine and go back to 2013 and make the trade then. Getting a team to part with a guy who shows potential to be a top pairing defenseman is hard enough, doing it when the player is 25 and starting to get recognition for being among the best defensemen in the league is downright impossible unless they demand a trade.

I'm personally on the RNH for Seth Jones bandwagon. The guy has serious upside, is a right handed D that would fit with Nurse in the future, more of an offensive guy as well. It also looks like there is a good fit with Nashville trade wise, considering they are running out a 36 year old Riberio as their top line center, which won't be sustainable. It's not a trade that will make people happy right away as he'll likely struggle a bit going from a sheltered role in Nashville to a team that is frequently playing Mark "I only only pinch when it will hurt my team" Fayne on the top pairing, but it's one that could pay off big in the near future.

Short of Florida losing their mind and offering up Ekbald, or Chia having an idea of some undervalued top pairing guy in waiting somewhere in the league that can be had, there aren't a lot of options.

necrobot

Sep 3, 2010
Edmonton

I'd rather see them be in the playoffs on an other team, because I'm positive we won't see them in the playoffs for the oilers if we don't trade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad