Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposal Thread: Who Wouldn't Want Ham On it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
No they dont. They compliement good players to help win games.

Yea but the problem now is we are talking about eberle and rnh as skill guys only problem there not high end skill like Mcdavid, Hall, and potentially draisaitl they are in the conversation of complimentary players and if your relying on skill and it isn't high enough they have to provide some other intangible.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
How short is your memory? Eberle has led this team in scoring more than anyone since he's been drafted. Thats pretty impressive if he can lead the team in scoring more than anyone else over his career yet be as you describe him. He's an established scorer coming off an injury.

I'm not saying I dont want to see him moved, but so many people here have really short memories.

My memory isn't short at all, because despite having led this team in scoring a few times, Eberle's game has never impressed me. Cheats for offense at every possible opportunity, doesn't play a game that lends itself to helping this team win. Since the big 34g-42a season where he cashed in the $6M x 6, he's a grand total of -42 (Taylor Hall is even in that stretch by the way).

But everyone has always been so quick to give him praise for getting his 65 points, despite that he is no closer to being a passable 3 zone player now than he was as a rookie 5 years ago.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Yea but the problem now is we are talking about eberle and rnh as skill guys only problem there not high end skill like Mcdavid, Hall, and potentially draisaitl they are in the conversation of complimentary players and if your relying on skill and it isn't high enough they have to provide some other intangible.
Yeah they are quickly being passed on the depth chart no argument.

My memory isn't short at all, because despite having led this team in scoring a few times, Eberle's game has never impressed me.
Well, his game impressed team Canada brass. I'll take their opinion over yours.

Hey, I'll drive him to the airport if it means improving the team, but lets not downplay who he is.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just listening to Stauffer's podcast from today's Oilers Now show that I missed earlier today that he did with Spector, and I don't know how many heard it but he has a minute or two where Stauffer completely unloads on Benoit Pouliot. The quote, pretty much verbatim:

Everyone here's talking left and right about Eberle and RNH being trade bait, but we might not want to forget about Benny. When Stauffer gets that critical about a current roster player, particularly a fairly prominent one, it's maybe a sign that the player isn't on solid footing with the club.

That being said, these Stauffer/Spec segments tend to bring out the "old", critical Stauffer more than other guests. It might not be best to take him at face value.

He did stick up for RNH, not so much for Eberle.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has felt that Pouliot has been crap this season.

Listened to them here, not sure if you can get them or not.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/nicholson-there-is-disappointment~761024

Thanks!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stauffer is really going to bat for RNH, he is saying the same thing that I am, he is not right at the moment. No speculation as to the issue with Nuge, but he is clearly not right at the moment.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Stauffer is really going to bat for RNH, he is saying the same thing that I am, he is not right at the moment. No speculation as to the issue with Nuge, but he is clearly not right at the moment.

He's playing too many minutes and is playing like a robot, going through the motions. Combined with zero confidence. Playing not to lose. And his creativity and offensive ability looks to have been completely zapped. One of the worst most passive stretches I've ever seen from him as a player.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's playing too many minutes and is playing like a robot, going through the motions. Combined with zero confidence. Playing not to lose. And his creativity and offensive ability looks to have been completely zapped. One of the worst most passive stretches I've ever seen from him as a player.

Agreed and Stauff says the same. I think that he has something wrong with him right now.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Agreed and Stauff says the same. I think that he has something wrong with him right now.

What's wrong with him is the same thing that is wrong with Eberle, and what was wrong with Gagner, and countless others.

Perpetual rebuild and sucking every year will drain the confidence and emotion from almost anyone. You need to be superhuman to find to motivation to play hard in games in a season you stand no chance in.

People claim "they're getting paid millions, they should be trying very hard!"

They're human. They lock up a big deal where they're guaranteed salary for the next 5+ years. It doesn't matter how they perform, that money is there. They can't get fired. They can go through the motions and earn a gigantic paycheque. Now, I'm not saying they are mailing it in, but it's obvious as to why the team is struggling.

A losing culture in any sport is terribly detrimental to player psyche.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What's wrong with him is the same thing that is wrong with Eberle, and what was wrong with Gagner, and countless others.

Perpetual rebuild and sucking every year will drain the confidence and emotion from almost anyone. You need to be superhuman to find to motivation to play hard in games in a season you stand no chance in.

People claim "they're getting paid millions, they should be trying very hard!"

They're human. They lock up a big deal where they're guaranteed salary for the next 5+ years. It doesn't matter how they perform, that money is there. They can't get fired. They can go through the motions and earn a gigantic paycheque. Now, I'm not saying they are mailing it in, but it's obvious as to why the team is struggling.

A losing culture in any sport is terribly detrimental to player psyche.

Horse crap, he was working hard in preseason and looked really good in the preseason. RNH is not the type to just mail it in.

Hall looked like garbage last season much like RNH and Ebs now, if we deal either for a mediocre return we are going to regret it.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site

Mono? ..... He seems to be weaker and also lost his edges.... When he first came up he Was so shifty with great edge work.... Now he falling over himself ...

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Horse crap, he was working hard in preseason and looked really good in the preseason. RNH is not the type to just mail it in.

Hall looked like garbage last season much like RNH and Ebs now, if we deal either for a mediocre return we are going to regret it.

Are you saying you don't have faith in Chia's ability to make a trade?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Mono? ..... He seems to be weaker and also lost his edges.... When he first came up he Was so shifty with great edge work.... Now he falling over himself ...

Doesn't it usually hit teenagers? Regardless he looks listless and slower/weaker than what we've become accustomed to.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

He's obviously not going to be traded for a bunch of third liners or marginal 2nd liners. If he goes it'll be for a legitimate top 4 D (Jones) which can only help the team long term. Everyone doesn't want to get rid of RNH before "center depth", except no other team in the league has to have three potential top line C's to contend in this league. Chicago, LA, Boston, Rangers, Islanders, Lightning don't have that type of center depth and they all seem to be doing fine with high end talent on the back end to supplement that.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I suspect Columbus would like it as they would get a replacement for a guy they've apparently soured on a bit.

Doesn't make a lick of sense for the Oilers though. Why would they trade their one(and probably only) shot at a potential top pairing defenseman on another top 6 center? One that would be in the same position as RNH of being a overpriced 2nd/3rd line center behind Mcdavid(and potentially Drai)?

Good point... Ok, so if we are trading RNH or Eberle for a potential top pairing DMan, what kind of DMan are we foing to get?? Comes down to the fact that these players are fantastically underachieving or flawed, so what GM in their right mind is going to give up a top high value asset for them? I bet theyve been offered up and there isnt much offered in return.... Just damaged goods right now. Nobodys giving up a talented DMan like this team so badly needs for either of these guys with their contracts.

Go big or go home - RNH and 2015 1st to Nashville for Josi and 2nd

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Dealing RNH would be round 2 of Chiarelli dealing Seguin.

He'd excel in a different organization and we'd round out the bottom of the conference again after we piddled away our C depth.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

Maybe, he seems so off. I tend to think he plays to many minutes. Just burns him out. Last year he seemed so quick on his skates. Now he seems slow and off balance. He can't see to make passes like he use to. Just doesn't seem people in the right spots any more. Man, we really need him to step up.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Maybe, he seems so off. I tend to think he plays to many minutes. Just burns him out. Last year he seemed so quick on his skates. Now he seems slow and off balance. He can't see to make passes like he use to. Just doesn't seem people in the right spots any more. Man, we really need him to step up.

He was doing so well with Hall and Drai but he hasn't been the same player since he missed the game with illness.

Chia McLellan and Nicholson have all had opportunity to say Nuge isn't 100% but nothing has been said.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Geez. Let's trade for players that care about winning. Look at the flames game tonight.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Geez. Let's trade for players that care about winning. Look at the flames game tonight.

You mean look at the team that only has one more win than us?

I'll pass.

Unless your post was sarcastic, which in that case.

"Yeah guys, look at those Leafs, they know how to win"

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
You mean look at the team that only has one more win than us?

I'll pass.

Unless your post was sarcastic, which in that case.

"Yeah guys, look at those Leafs, they know how to win"

Did you watch the game? I just got home from it.

When was the last game the oilers wee losing by 3 in the 3rd and actually played hard and tried to win? I can't remember. That's what I meant.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Did you watch the game? I just got home from it.

When was the last game the oilers wee losing by 3 in the 3rd and actually played hard and tried to win? I can't remember. That's what I meant.

The Stars also went to sleep. The Flames were taken to school by the Stars in the first and were lucky the score wasn't worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad