Speculation: Trade Rumors Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I think we should upgrade one of Maroon/Ritchie and Stewart/Santorelli. Do we need to? Maybe not, but I'd be much more comfortable with someone like Vrbata on Getzlaf's wing than Stew and Santo.

Is Vrbata an upgrade over Stewart though?

Vrbata has 12 goals, 12 assists (5 goals, 4 assists on the power play) and is a -32 with 16:32 of ice time per game in 57 games. +\- is a flawed stat but it's the worst on the Canucks.

Stewart has 8 goals, 10 assists (1 goal, 2 assists on the power play) with 10:40 of ice time in 47 games. Stewart has looked good on that line with Perron and Getzlaf.

The only place I think we should maybe upgrade is on the wing of Rakell and Perry and only if it doesn't cost too much and the upgrade is a good two way player.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
All the rental guys are meh, other than staal. I'd like staal. Anyone else I'd want has term, which is what we should be doing anyway.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Vrbata has 12 goals, 12 assists (5 goals, 4 assists on the power play) and is a -32 with 16:32 of ice time per game in 57 games. +\- is a flawed stat but it's the worst on the Canucks.

Stewart has 8 goals, 10 assists (1 goal, 2 assists on the power play) with 10:40 of ice time in 47 games. Stewart has looked good on that line with Perron and Getzlaf.

The only place I think we should maybe upgrade is on the wing of Rakell and Perry and only if it doesn't cost too much and the upgrade is a good two way player.

Vrbata scored 30 goals in a complimentary role just last year. Any team would acquire him with hopes that he can shine in such a role, again.

It's kind of puzzling why Desjardins stopped using him there this year.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

I agree that Vrbata isn't ideal, but should also add that he is only shooting at 6.6%, but he takes 3.2 shots per game while Stewart is shooting at 11.9% and takes 1.4 shots per game.

Also, I didn't see that Vrbata is currently injured so that puts some extra doubt in there.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
I'm hoping BM will shock everybody and bring in Drouin + Killorn in the same deal.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Sounds like Eriksson is staying put in Boston.

Darren DregerVerified account ‏@DarrenDreger 18m18 minutes ago
Further discussions today between Bruins and Eriksson's agent, J.P Barry. No progress. #TradeCentre

It's an odd situation. Don't know if they can come to a deal in 40 hours.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Tampa is contending. If you want Killorn, then you're going to have to wait till the summer, if he's even available.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I agree that Vrbata isn't ideal, but should also add that he is only shooting at 6.6%, but he takes 3.2 shots per game while Stewart is shooting at 11.9% and takes 1.4 shots per game.

Also, I didn't see that Vrbata is currently injured so that puts some extra doubt in there.

Stewart's career average is 12.7% btw, Vrbata's is 9.3%.

mytduxfan*

Vrbata scored 30 goals in a complimentary role just last year. Any team would acquire him with hopes that he can shine in such a role, again.

It's kind of puzzling why Desjardins stopped using him there this year.

This. I think Vrbata could get it going again with Getzlaf. However, I share the concerns others have mentioned about him being weak along the boards.

Eriksson, vrbata, yak, Staal, versteeg something.

Isn't Eriksson off the block now?

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if BM is working on a deal for a non-rental i.e. something we couldn't predict.

I'm hoping BM will shock everybody and bring in Drouin + Killorn in the same deal.

I don't know whether that would be good or bad. Depends on the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad