Speculation: Trade Rumors Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I'm going to say that we get Lee Stempniak. IDK why just feels like a BM move.

I'm on board with Stempniak. I think his style fits right in with the Ducks. Put him on the line with Getzlaf and Perron and they will grind you up. And he doesn't need speed on that line. He's only at $850k. If we can get him cheap, he's the perfect pickup for BM.

John

Added... Maybe Stoner and we get Stempniak and a pick whenever and wherever.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm on board with Stempniak. I think his style fits right in with the Ducks. Put him on the line with Getzlaf and Perron and they will grind you up. And he doesn't need speed on that line. He's only at $850k. If we can get him cheap, he's the perfect pickup for BM.

John

Added... Maybe Stoner and we get Stempniak and a pick whenever and wherever.

Stemp is a good pickup for most teams. Stoner has negative value since he has a couple years after this on his contract. If they were willing to take Stoner it would likely be more like Stoner + 2nd + decent prospect.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Stemp is a good pickup for most teams. Stoner has negative value since he has a couple years after this on his contract. If they were willing to take Stoner it would likely be more like Stoner + 2nd + decent prospect.

We would have to hold back salary. Those numbers don't match Stempniak's $850k and he is 33 and a UFA so there is no way you'd give a 2nd and a prospect for Stempniak who did a tryout earlier this season.

John

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
@craigcustance
Ducks in a good place. Working the phones but don't feel compelled to make a deal. Only moving one of their young D if it's a slam dunk.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Stoner's not that bad. He's overpaid of course, but he's still a solid 6/7 NHL d-man. If Polak fetched a 2nd, Schultz the Jultz fetched a 3rd, and Jakub can't-crack-the-line-up-in-a-D-thin-Detroit-roster Kindl got a 6th round pick, someone would probably bite on Stoner for a low pick.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Stoner's not that bad. He's overpaid of course, but he's still a solid 6/7 NHL d-man. If Polak fetched a 2nd, Schultz the Jultz fetched a 3rd, and Jakub can't-crack-the-line-up-in-a-D-thin-Detroit-roster Kindl got a 6th round pick, someone would probably bite on Stoner for a low pick.

When I said a pick the pick would be coming the Ducks direction with Stempniak. I do agree that Stoner really isn't that bad and I think he takes abuse from the fans because his contract is making it tough to re-sign our RFA's. If Stoner was at $1.5m and Bieksa $2m people wouldn't be that upset, well I still don't like Bieksa at any $$$ because he takes shifts off that usually lead to a goal or a penalty.

John

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
@craigcustance
Ducks in a good place. Working the phones but don't feel compelled to make a deal. Only moving one of their young D if it's a slam dunk.

I'm guessing that Murray is getting a lot of calls about them. I still think it's possible that we move one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad