Speculation: Trade Rumors Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He did, but that just fixed an offseason screwup. I think we need another forward, center preferably, brought in to be better than we were last season. Get Stewart or Maroon off the top-9 basically.

That's true of most of the trades going down right now.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Hartnell would of fit in perfectly with our system... I really hope we can get a top 6'r. I just can't imagine our lineup competing with the Hawks if we got that far.

Also, I dont think Vrbata would do well here at all. Pretty soft and a perimeter player these days.

teemuselanne

Feb 21, 2011
Ottawa
Murray's sleeping. Regardless of the Perron and Garbutt acquisitions, we still need help in the top 6 to compete with Chicago/others. Some of the prices of the guys acquired today were more than reasonable and worth it IMO. I hope he doesn't settle with some bottom 6 tweeter which I think is more likely than the latter

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Wow the trade deadline show on monday is gonna be boring with all the trades happening now.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Maybe I'm the minority but I don't think he needs to do much at this point. There are 3 lines that can score and our 4th is one of the better 4th lines around the league. We have 3 pairs on d that can be rolled no problem.

There really isn't much out there that won't cost an arm and a leg that would be a major upgrade.

I seriously don't know what some of you expect.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Wow the trade deadline show on monday is gonna be boring with all the trades happening now.

There are still lots of guys, who could move before the deadline. Boedker, Vrbata, Staal and Hamhuis, to name a few. Every year somebody says that the TDL show is going to be boring, but it usually lives up to the "hype".

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Maybe I'm the minority but I don't think he needs to do much at this point. There are 3 lines that can score and our 4th is one of the better 4th lines around the league. We have 3 pairs on d that can be rolled no problem.

There really isn't much out there that won't cost an arm and a leg that would be a major upgrade.

I seriously don't know what some of you expect.

I think we should upgrade one of Maroon/Ritchie and Stewart/Santorelli. Do we need to? Maybe not, but I'd be much more comfortable with someone like Vrbata on Getzlaf's wing than Stew and Santo.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So what was going through the collective heads of the Pittsburgh brain trust? "Hmm...MAF might not get lit up in the playoffs this year, what can we do to fix that?"

:huh:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
So what was going through the collective heads of the Pittsburgh brain trust? "Hmm...MAF might not get lit up in the playoffs this year, what can we do to fix that?"

:huh:

Probably something between "Norris potential!" and "he destroys Fowler's advanced stats for a reason".

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'm more amazed by the pick that they gave up. A third for a player that has been benched both for his form and work ethic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad