Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: Some witty title about Hamonic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
Improves the defence vastly to acquire 2 d for 1d and 1c.

Improves Edmonton 5 vs 5. Better defence.

Hamonic is better on the PK than Klefbom, so improves Edmonton on the PK.

Ryan Ellis is better on the PP over Klefbom. Having Ellis on the PP only makes it more lethal today. Ellis > Schultz offensively also.

Yeah the loss of RNH may hurt but look at the resurgence of Draisaitl. Why not run McDavid and Draisaitl as your top two centers? Why can't Draisaitl replace RNH?

Having a 1 and 2 center with combined less than 50 NHL games is a recipe for another 4 lottery seasons. We'd effectively waste those entry contracts and the cycle keeps going round and round.

Horrible idea.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Not only are people running RNH out of town. They're also running Klefbom out of town. This is ****ing insane is right.

Who is running any of them out of town?

Including people in trade proposals now are running them out of town? The overreactions to some of these comments are just as bad as the original comments.

I would obviously love to keep RNH and Klefa, who is favorite player on the oilers, but if there's a trade Chia feels betters the team Im all for it.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Improves the defence vastly to acquire 2 d for 1d and 1c.

Improves Edmonton 5 vs 5. Better defence.

Hamonic is better on the PK than Klefbom, so improves Edmonton on the PK.

Ryan Ellis is better on the PP over Klefbom. Having Ellis on the PP only makes it more lethal today. Ellis > Schultz offensively also.

Yeah the loss of RNH may hurt but look at the resurgence of Draisaitl. Why not run McDavid and Draisaitl as your top two centers? Why can't Draisaitl replace RNH?

Will simply trade RNH to Nashville for S. Jones. You can keep eHarmonic.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Good. At first I was all for Nurse for Hamonic, but once I slept on it, I much rather have Nurse play with Hamonic, then trade him for Hamonic.

In one year Nurse>>Hamonic. I agree that trading Nurse would be horrible trade.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm willing to give up a ton to get Hamonic.... As long as their not "core pieces". I feel as though RNH, Nurse and Klefbom are "core pieces". I'd add quite a bit onto Eberle to get Hamonic as long as it doesn't affect the skeleton of the team.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Fayne+Ference+Nikitin+Scrivens+Purcell for Hamonic.

Who's with me?
5 for 1, how could they say no? Someone punch that into NHL16.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Apparently Pierre LeBrun.

Read on some tweet on the last thread Chia had inquired Snow on Hamonic even before he asked for a trade. Not 100% sure if true but definitely believable due to the trade at the draft for other talks to happen.

TSN - Insider Trading, Pierre LeBrun stated that Chia has been after Hamonic since August, before the trade request, and obviously well before the trade request went public.

Thanks for that. Clearly Chia holds him in high regard. It's imperative that we don't subtract from our D core in this trade unless the main piece going back is Schultz. Even then I'd like to keep Justin and instead deal someone like Yak.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Thanks for that. Clearly Chia holds him in high regard. It's imperative that we don't subtract from our D core in this trade unless the main piece going back is Schultz. Even then I'd like to keep Justin and instead deal someone like Yak.

I'd actually like to keep Schultz, if possible. He was playing much better before he went down and he's one of the few right-handers on the team.

An defense of:

Klefbom - Hamonic
Nurse - Sekera
Reinhart - Schultz

gives the team a nice mix of having a puck-mover/defensive D-man on each pairing and mixes a more veteran player with a younger player.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
So apparently Kerby Rychel is on the block again, he's a guy I'd really like to see Chia pick up. Physical player who can also put the puck in the net. Could be great in the bottom 6 immediately, has the potential to fit into the top 6.

I've been a big fan of his for a while so I agree with you. He's been excellent this year in his 2nd AHL season. He could likely play 3rd line in the NHL right now.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
PHP:
I'd actually like to keep Schultz, if possible. He was playing much better before he went down and he's one of the few right-handers on the team.

An defense of:

Klefbom - Hamonic
Nurse - Sekera
Reinhart - Schultz

gives the team a nice mix of having a puck-mover/defensive D-man on each pairing and mixes a more veteran player with a younger player.

If the Islanders want Schultz as one of the main pieces then he will be gone, it's as simple as that. You don't say, "well you know, *insert top pair dman's name here* is really great and we want him but I'd really like to keep *instert #5 dman's name here*"

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Fayne would work too.
The Isles also have more familiarity with Fayne as well as he was getting tough minutes when he played in New Jersey.

I have also heard that the Isles have no interest what so ever in Yak.
Cant blame them for that. Yak is pretty much a useless player unless the planets align and he has the perfect center..

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Fayne would work too.
The Isles also have more familiarity with Fayne as well as he was getting tough minutes when he played in New Jersey.

Cant blame them for that. Yak is pretty much a useless player unless the planets align and he has the perfect center..

Yes the Islanders will trade their top pair dman for a package with Fayne as the main piece...

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I've been a big fan of his for a while so I agree with you. He's been excellent this year in his 2nd AHL season. He could likely play 3rd line in the NHL right now.

I'd love to pick up Rychel. Wonder if Jarmo could be swindled into a deal around Fayne for Rychel with us adding a pick or prospect and or retaining some of Faynes contract.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I'd love to pick up Rychel. Wonder if Jarmo could be swindled into a deal around Fayne for Rychel with us adding a pick or prospect and or retaining some of Faynes contract.

Hard to say, it could take more. Rychel is after all a blue chip prospect.

oilz89*

Fayne would work too.

What has the guy who told you this been smoking?.... There's no information out there saying they have no interest in yakupov :help:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Knowing Chia has been in on Hamonic since BEFORE he asked out puts my mind a little at ease that he's exploring everything and every possible method to acquire defence
Now if I'm Chia I put my 1st rounder on the table

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Knowing Chia has been in on Hamonic since BEFORE he asked out puts my mind a little at ease that he's exploring everything and every possible method to acquire defence
Now if I'm Chia I put my 1st rounder on the table

Worries me because Chiarelli has been trying to get him for a long time considering that Hamonic requested the move originally before the season. You'd think the deal would be done by now if we were getting him.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I would love Rychel on the team. A goal scorer and a heavy body. Put him with RNH-Ebs and move Pouliot down with ConYak.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Hey, Leon Draisaitl has played 10 effective NHL games (like 8 of them at RW). Clearly Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is available! Classic Oilers fan logic.

The Oilers have no business entertaining a trade involving Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Connor McDavid or Taylor Hall. Those are three players that can't be involved in any deal that has any hope of happening. The calibre of player that would require a move is significantly better than Travis Hamonic.

Vanqu1sh

Feb 28, 2013
Edmonton
seriously people are saying they'd like to try and keep schultz while acquiring Hamonic.. who cares about Schultz he's not good, same with Yak, if the islanders wanted him as the centerpiece that deal would be done already let's be serious.

Hamonic is such a good fit for our team, 25, awesome contract, righty that plays defense, and he wants to come to western canada??? It's such a perfect opportunity it's almost hard to believe, we really need to convert, the type of trade that could really make a difference for our team. This is the type of trade we've been talking about wanting to make for years ffs. If you have to substract Eberle because it's what it takes, just do it, at some point you have to trade some of our offense for defense, all of our best players are forwards. It is evident to anyone who watches this team that this is our biggest problem.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Worries me because Chiarelli has been trying to get him for a long time considering that Hamonic requested the move originally before the season. You'd think the deal would be done by now if we were getting him.

If anything knowing Chiarelli's been on this for a long time is reassuring.

If he was willing to give up Nurse or Klefbom the deal would be signed, sealed, and delivered. Looking back at his trade history building Boston's blue line, he did very well in turning marginal assets into upgrades.

Barrie, Hamonic, Shattenkirk, Braun all available. We could use any one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad