Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: Some witty title about Hamonic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Two trades I think make sense for both teams.

To NYI- Eberle

To Edm: Hamonic+Clutterbuck

To NYI: RNH

To Edm: Hamonic, Nielsen

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Two trades I think make sense for both teams.

To NYI- Eberle

To Edm: Hamonic+Clutterbuck

To NYI: RNH

To Edm: Hamonic, Nielsen

The second one doesnt make sense. RNH plays 23 minutes a night against the toughest opposition.

Lets quit pretending Hamonic is Karlsson or Subban.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The second one doesnt make sense. RNH plays 23 minutes a night against the toughest opposition.

Not to mention Nielsen could just leave and then we are back to having 2 legitimate offensive centers and poor depth down the middle.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
When we traded Pronger we got a young 28 goal scorer, a top 10 pick, a 1st, a 2nd and a conditional 1st/2nd. Thats hardly nothing, it's just unfortunate Lupul didn't turn out for us.

Edit: Its worth mentioning that the second 1st turned into Eberle I believe...

At the time that deal was much worse than what we were expecting to get. I remember people being disappointed that Getzlaf or Perry weren't part of the deal.

Whenever a player requests a trade the return is a disappointment. Always happens.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
At this point I want to see Yak+ traded for Hamonic. Tired of seeing the bashing this kid gets every game. Tavares will maximize Yak's potential

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Yak has like no value. He has the same amount of goals as does Brandon Davidson. Let that sink in.

The only way NYI touches Yak is if they think he can be more playing with JT and basically because Garth is Garth.

And this is coming from a guy that likes Yak the man.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Lets also quit pretending RNH is Toews. He's alright but people should realize he's ideally a number 2 centerman.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
When we traded Pronger we got a young 28 goal scorer, a top 10 pick, a 1st, a 2nd and a conditional 1st/2nd. Thats hardly nothing, it's just unfortunate Lupul didn't turn out for us.

Edit: Its worth mentioning that the second 1st turned into Eberle I believe...

That second was Hamonic

oilz89*

In the cap world the only thing that would likely work is Yak and our 1st for Hamonic. Equal (ish) salary and would make us instantly better...but the thought of giving up that pick...

:eek:

That pick would most likely get us a centre thats not as good as Connor McDavid.... so why bother when we have McJesus? Just trade the stupid thing. It has value. WIN NOW. Not in 6 years

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
This Oilers team is basically short a DMan that is capable and can play 22 min a night. One is available who actually wants to play in Edmonton. This is a big deal and big opportunity. Oilers have to win this sweepstakes. Alternative is waiting 1,2,3 years for Nurse to MAYBE turn into this guy, or drafting a guy who in 3,4,5 years can turn into this guy. Huge opportunity. RNH for Harmonic.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
This Oilers team is basically short a DMan that is capable and can play 22 min a night. One is available who actually wants to play in Edmonton. This is a big deal and big opportunity. Oilers have to win this sweepstakes. Alternative is waiting 1,2,3 years for Nurse to MAYBE turn into this guy, or drafting a guy who in 3,4,5 years can turn into this guy. Huge opportunity. RNH for Harmonic.

And then...... There's a hole at Centre

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If Snow believes they are contenders which they are, I would go Eberle + (defenceman) for Hamonic + Pulock...

Snow wants a finisher we know.

Redeems the Reinhart trade. I like Reinhart but not for two draft picks in a solid draft.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The guy you're quoting hates RNH. RNH is one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

You can't be serious! So under rated he's helped this team out of the basement. RNH is the most over rated player on this board and city its pathetic. He's a good #2 who can fill the #1 slot. Theres a lot of guys who I would put ahead of RNH's as centres in the league. Also worth noting Frans Nielsen has the same amount of point as RNH and makes 3.25M less IIRC.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
And then...... There's a hole at Centre

Luckily Drai has arrived and McDavid will be back. Sign a 3c. RNH is so overrated on this board its hilarious. If it wasnt for Yakupov he'd be one of if not the worst 1st overall pick in the last 20 years. Horrendous against top competition, and not going to gain the strength size or compete to be anything great. Drai has already passed him this season. Time to move on and address needs.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
You can't be serious! So under rated he's helped this team out of the basement. RNH is the most over rated player on this board and city its pathetic. He's a good #2 who can fill the #1 slot. Theres a lot of guys who I would put ahead of RNH's as centres in the league. Also worth noting Frans Nielsen has the same amount of point as RNH and makes 3.25M less IIRC.

Last i checked Neilsen is better than 90% of oiler forwards.... if they could grab him too it would be a major coup.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
RNH is underrated because of the constant RNH bashing on this board.. I'm getting fed up of the RNH bashing.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Luckily Drai has arrived and McDavid will be back. Sign a 3c. RNH is so overrated on this board its hilarious. If it wasnt for Yakupov he'd be one of if not the worst 1st overall pick in the last 20 years. Horrendous against top competition, and not going to gain the strength size or compete to be anything great. Drai has already passed him this season. Time to move on and address needs.
Now we know how terrible a judge of talent you are.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
But the top 6 is set. Oilers are building the team around these guys.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pou-RNH-Eberle

Mcdavid? I think its look more like:

Hall-Drai-? (Purcell is not the long term solution)
Pouliot-Mcdavid-? (Yak has shown he can produce and is making an affordable 2.5 next season)

RNH can be moved, Eb's can be moved or fill in on the top line. Yaks can be kept worst case scenario and is an affordable winger for Mcdavid.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
RNH is underrated because of the constant RNH bashing on this board.. I'm getting fed up of the RNH bashing.

RNH is a horrible perimiter player. Like that kid who killed bantam but sucks in midget, he is in over his head. Compete level is questionable too. I have yet to be impressed, and for one am always shocked at how much positive commentary he gets on here. He is a weak NHler.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Now we know how terrible a judge of talent you are.

Proof is in the pudding Bro... He is 40lbs too small and always has played light. Terrible pick, but thats hindsight. What has he done exactly the past what? 2 years?? Major dissapointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad