Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: Some witty title about Hamonic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Continue here.

Some posts:

Hamonic outscored both last season.

Also, try and find Myers in this list from last year.

Hint: he's at the bottom. Guy sucks unless he's sheltered. Always has.

From my view it would be:

Trouba>Hamonic>Myers

But honestly it's pretty lateral between the 3 and that's why I think Winnipeg would balk at doing a deal unless it's a more obvious "good deal" for the Jets like Hamonic for Enstrom.

Enstrom isn't chopped liver either by the way... just that his age obviously makes him less appealing that Hamonic. Enstrom is better offensively than Hamonic at 5 on 5 and both are decent defensively but Hamonic does play somewhat tougher minutes and gets a harder Dzone push.

Hamonic obviously has the edge with his age and cheap contract... but in this situation the Isles are likely "beggars and not choosers".

FYI

Klefbom is sick--so if he does not play tomorrow do not go crazy

People need to remember that players arent faceless commodities GM trade like Pokemon cards. They have connections and relationships in the locker room and community we arent aware of. So even if Myers isnt as good as Hamonic, a GM might not make that trade because of the impact Myers has in a locker room, or the impact it has if hes traded. Theres also the angle that a coach may like a certain player and feel they have incredible potential in their system, whereas a new player doestn fit a system as well

Making trades are way more complex then people lead on

Well with the interest Chia has for Hamonic maybe we can see a 3 way trade happening to assist all teams.

Well Arthur Staple said that if Snow wants a dman coming back for Hamonic he'd probably need to be bigger and signed longer unlike Spurgeon

Ference is 6 lbs heavier and signed for a year longer... I think we have a winner.

I just hope the situation is resolved sooner rather than later. I don't want to have that itch in the back of my mind for months.

Clutterbuck helps the bottom 6 definitely. We all know how soft the team is overall. I would be happy to get a guy like Clutterbuck.

A Hamonic trade seems unlikely to me, but I imagine Chiarelli will go all out to find something that makes sense. It would impress me immensely if we ended up with Hamonic

The issue to me is that our trading pieces are either too good are not good enough. The bubble players are Eberle, Draisaitl, Klefbom (too good) and Fayne, Schultz, Yakupov (not good enough). Sekera has a NMC so that's not happening.

As much as it pains me to say, teams like Winnipeg and Calgary have much more appropriate trading pieces. The sweet spot of player value for Hamonic, and they are both teams that would love make some changes to find some more wins.

I don't think Winnipeg is that interested in Hamonic when Trouba in not going to be moved for him and Byfuglien is a UFa. Then Myers is probably really liked by their GM and he's not one to make too many moves. Wasn't the Kane trade his first player for player deal.

There's no 'bidding war' when half the teams realistically can't add him or have too many D already there (Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota). It's gonna be salvage a return time and that's when Chiarelli should pounce.

I think the Islanders are going to be waiting for a long time if they think they're going to get an equivalent player to Hamonic. They can want another version of him. But why does another team make that deal? No one is in the business of helping the Islanders out by making a lateral deal.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm mainly curious how JTS manages to type "Hamoric" all the time.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
just to answer the Spawn post, I think there is some incentive for teams to make a lateral move for Hamonic because of his contract. Any team tight to the cap like the Wild would love to have a top shutdown Dman for under 4 AAV long term.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Posted in the last thread:

Originally Posted By: McCanovin
D's are supposed to rack up more assists than goals. Karlsson for example is an assist-king. A solid #3 D like Hamonic brings more than defense. He changes the make up of the team by bringing toughness, leadership, structural defensive plays, and a RHD that is a rarity. A good defense is a good offense no matter how you look at it.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to clue me into the notion that defensmean are going to have more assists than goals, but that's really beside the point.

I was responding to the idea that he would tangibly improve the Oilers offensively, and I don't think he does. In that way, it's at best lateral with our third or fourth options as a puck mover. This group, more than anything, needs solid distributors.

Hamonic is a good fit, but he isn't a Brent Burns level fit. It'd be a nice thing to happen but we shouldn't go into a tizzy because he's the first guy this year that's shaken loose.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Posted in the last thread:

I'm not sure why you felt the need to clue me into the notion that defensmean are going to have more assists than goals, but that's really beside the point.

I was responding to the idea that he would tangibly improve the Oilers offensively, and I don't think he does. In that way, it's at best lateral with our third or fourth options as a puck mover. This group, more than anything, needs solid distributors.

Hamonic is a good fit, but he isn't a Brent Burns level fit. It'd be a nice thing to happen but we shouldn't go into a tizzy because he's the first guy this year that's shaken loose.

Hamonic is 25 years old and signed long-term for under 4 mill. Burns is 30 and is going to command 7+ mill. I think Hamonic is clearly the better fit.

"Puck mover" is such an over-rated term anyways. We need dmen who can close gaps and break up the cycle, not guys who can make a stretch pass. McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH are all complete centers who do a great job of coming back low into the defensive zone. They have been doing a fine job of leading the attack without any "puck-movers" (even though Sekera, Klefbom, and Nurse can all move the puck)

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Really think Snow is gonna be stubborn here and play the game to try and get the return he wants, good luck bud. I'd offer a combo of Eberle/Yak + Fayne/Schultz best and final.

I gotta say I was impressed with Capuano's ability to keep a straight face when he said it hasn't affected Hamonic's performance this season and that he's been even better this year. Really? Because he's a guy who years past has always been excellent defensively while being good for 25-30 points. This years he's on pace for a whopping 12 points, a career low.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hamonic is 25 years old and signed long-term for under 4 mill. Burns is 30 and is going to command 7+ mill. I think Hamonic is clearly the better fit.

"Puck mover" is such an over-rated term anyways. We need dmen who can close gaps and break up the cycle, not guys who can make a stretch pass. McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH are all complete centers who do a great job of coming back low into the defensive zone. They have been doing a fine job of leading the attack without any "puck-movers" (even though Sekera, Klefbom, and Nurse can all move the puck)

This team desperately needs a top end good puck mover. It's not just about passing either he has to be able to skate the puck out of danger. So many times our defenseman just ring it around the boards, in this case it's very hard for a winger to control the puck, either gets out past the blue line and the other team regains control and resets to attack again or we don't even get it out and the other team keeps us pinned.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I wish we had Hamrlik and Hamonic on D.

Just to screw up the play by play guys.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I was thinking Harmonic could be our #1 guy that takes us to the next level but the more I look the less I see that being realistic.

He has a tool set that we really could use but isnt exactly big enough to think he could always play that way/effectively in the Western Conference.

Basically I think he would help, but doubt he would be impactful enough to sacrifice too much to get him. He would be a #2/3 guy at best if what I am hearing is correct. Still leaving the #1 spot disturbingly vacant.

Nurse and probably Klefbom are off limits if that thought process is correct.

Following the talk it sounds like Isle fans are almost certainly going to be disappointed. No one is going to give fair value.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
This team desperately needs a top end good puck mover. It's not just about passing either he has to be able to skate the puck out of danger. So many times our defenseman just ring it around the boards, in this case it's very hard for a winger to control the puck, either gets out past the blue line and the other team regains control and resets to attack again or we don't even get it out and the other team keeps us pinned.

99% of the dmen in the league ring the puck around the boards when under a heavy forecheck. Players like Keith are a rare exception.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
just to answer the Spawn post, I think there is some incentive for teams to make a lateral move for Hamonic because of his contract. Any team tight to the cap like the Wild would love to have a top shutdown Dman for under 4 AAV long term.

I think American teams are very unlikely trading partners because of the lengthy permanent visa process for non-spouse/child applicants in the US. It can take almost a decade in certain cases. For example, if a Canadian hockey player playing in a US city wanted to bring his Canadian parent/uncle/grandmother to live with/near him for long-term treatment/convalescence they cannot stay more than 6 months over the year. Yes, they could fly in and out, but it is not the most convenient option.

Never mind the situation where Hamonic may only be on an athletic P-1 visa and not yet a green card holder that can sponsor others for permanent residency.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
This team has to grab Harmonic. Think of it like a proven first round pick. Rare that you can grab a guy that is this good, this young, and signed for term on a reasonable contract.... So i would trade Eberle for sure, or Nurse straight up, or some combo of picks and Yakupov cause Yakupov alone wont get you much. I'd say Eberle and 2nd for Harmonic and a 1st.

They have to make this happen. Oil is desperate for ANY D help, nevermind a guy of this quality.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Got to wonder if Yaks has been offered up. Got to think the Islanders would be tempted.

I think many are over rating what it will take to get him. Remember we didn't get much for Pronger, once you demand a trade you know the team is at a disadvantage. Also Harmonic is no Pronger.

actionjackson

Jun 22, 2010
In the cap world the only thing that would likely work is Yak and our 1st for Hamonic. Equal (ish) salary and would make us instantly better...but the thought of giving up that pick...

:eek:

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009
I'm mainly curious how JTS manages to type "Hamoric" all the time.

HF Boards is seemingly full of Don Cherry clones, I've seen about 5 different versions of the name "Hamonic" today. Makes me wonder how many are actually familiar with the player (this is not a shot at people who are just flat out bad with names).

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Got to wonder if Yaks has been offered up. Got to think the Islanders would be tempted.

I think many are over rating what it will take to get him. Remember we didn't get much for Pronger, once you demand a trade you know the team is at a disadvantage. Also Harmonic is no Pronger.

When we traded Pronger we got a young 28 goal scorer, a top 10 pick, a 1st, a 2nd and a conditional 1st/2nd. Thats hardly nothing, it's just unfortunate Lupul didn't turn out for us.

Edit: Its worth mentioning that the second 1st turned into Eberle I believe...

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013

Yakupov by himself isnt worth much. The reason everyone is willing to give him up in any trade is the same reason no other team will give much up for him.... Gotta add a lot to Yak to get a Harmonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad