Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
gillis is waiting to see/hear about a player, van is looking for a center, regin is moved to center.
once they move luongo they can use bishop. (i know they have lack but bishop probably better)

(unlikely yes. but possible)

just having fun

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
gillis is waiting to see/hear about a player, van is looking for a center, regin is moved to center.
once they move luongo they can use bishop. (i know they have lack but bishop probably better)

(unlikely yes. but possible)

just having fun

You forgot to add Subban to make this a bigger trade

John Holmes*

Why would Edmonton want Regin? Regin has little value, if any.

They'd want Zibby and Lehner, not Regin and Bishop.

:laugh:

The Fuhr*

Should Bishop be dealt I think a lot of people are going to be angered by the return.

The Fuhr*

General Granny*

lol it has already been mentioned that Murray is looking for more than the 2nd rounder he paid for. I am not looking for a 1st but if he gets something more than he gave up then I would be happy.

LeafRaker

Jul 28, 2010
Kanata
Nope... I thought we could have kept Foligno and signed a defensive D.

Defensive D are a dime a dozen
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=51860257&postcount=80

I see your point. But I think the reason Murray did move Foligno was to open up space for the up and coming forwards and also didn't want to pay Foligno 3M a year or whatever it was. Also, I think that Methot is a better player than the ones that you suggested Murray sign. Just my two cents on the situation anyway

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Last edited:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I see your point. But I think the reason Murray did move Foligno was to open up space for the up and coming forwards and also didn't want to pay Foligno 3M a year or whatever it was. Also, I think that Methot is a better player than the ones that you suggested Murray sign. Just my two cents on the situation anyway

Foligno was never going to be more than a third line winger in Ottawa.

I am sure most GMs in the NHL would give up a third line winger everyday of the week to get a Dman that could play in the top pairing.

The Fuhr*

Defensive D are a dime a dozen, but unfortunately none of the quality of Methot are available to be signed.

You have also said that 3rd and 4th line wingers are a dime a dozen, exactly what Foligno is on any good team.

Foligno had 47 points last season... To me that is a potential second liner.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think it's pretty obvious the return on a guy like Bishop won't be as good as some are expecting

I'd be happy with second round pick to be honest, or maybe a fourth and a good AHL goalie

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think it's pretty obvious the return on a guy like Bishop won't be as good as some are expecting

I'd be happy with second round pick to be honest, or maybe a fourth and a good AHL goalie

i agree bishop alone won't bring what we expect, but maybe bishop and a forward prospect / draft pick will.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
lol it has already been mentioned that Murray is looking for more than the 2nd rounder he paid for. I am not looking for a 1st but if he gets something more than he gave up then I would be happy.

Too early to predict what Bishop might bring in a trade.

At this point in time, TGB (aka Fehr) is most likely right, the return for Bishop won't be as high as many predict or hope for.

20 games into the season there may be higher demand and a few desperate GMs due to standings or injuries.

Then a player like Bishop's may bring what Murray paid or even more than market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad