Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Notes :

- Stone doesn't have to make the team right away, we have the luxury (finally) to take our time and develop our prospects adequatly
- Why is Subban worth tons of $??? Del Zotto and Kulikov will make 2.5 for the next 2 years. Maybe Subban is worth more and it also depends if he gets UFA years on the contract, but 5.5 cap hit at 23? Why?

Edler just signed for 5.0 long-term, all UFA years.

Personally, I'd rather have Edler.

15-20 no more the 4 in his career yup

5th rd no dont except them too be on this team if they havent proved they deserve to be there

- Scoring goals also comes from opportunity (ice-time / quality of linemates). While I don't really think that O'Brien will be anything more than a 4th liner with the Sens (maybe elsewhere), your linear thinking is baffling. There's not a lot of forwards who can score 15-20 goals with bottom-6 minutes. You realize 20 goals is 1 goal every 4 games in a full season? Some teams don't even have three 20-goals scorers... the Sens, who were 4th in NHL scoring last year only had SIX (6) guys who scored 15 goals or more...

Do you have any idea of what you are talking about? It's ok if you don't know, but just sit and learn instead of spewing crap

- Ok, so you're saying that the blue sky is blue? Because saying that you don't expect prospects to be on this team if they don't deserve it is like saying a whole lot of nothing

The thing is I'm not really high on Hoffman and I don't even think he will make the Sens more than a few games (maybe elsewhere) but your arguments are like non-existent, even if you type words

Anyone know where this info is coming from? I am looking around the usual spots for it and coming up empty.

on a related note, could we put together an offer that would land us Subban without putting us 3 steps back?

I don't think so... we won't like the asking price (which will be ridiculous)... Subban is good and brings something but he is simply over-hyped. You'd have to pay a lot "for the name".

Meh, at the same age Kelly was putting up similar numbers on a far superior team, in a higher scoring season. He stuck for another 4 and a half seasons despite people constantly saying his time was up. Both guys are the type coaches tend to like because they play a tidy possession game.

Condra has a 27 pts/ 82 games average while Kelly had 30 and 38 pts in his first two seasons

Just pointing it out

Zibanejad + Benoit + Da Costa + 1st for Subby Doo

They'd be very high on Pageau. Change Da Costa for Pageau and I'd consider it. It would be hard to pull the trigger but I'd probably do it. Losing Zibanejad to a divisional rival is worrisome. The 1st I wouldn't be that worried because the Sens could be drafting late with Subban on top of the actual team. Pageau is not a big loss because we have many (better) forwards prospects and well Benoit is a reserve D-man for the Sens

Even then, I'm sure the Habs will want more and they'll have to wait until next summer and get their asking price down because no one will bite (like the CBJ with Nash)

Or add a little bit more and get Yandle? Please?

The thing is it would cost other pieces bigger than Bishop to get Yandle... And why do the Yotes want to trade Yandle?

Last edited:

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
The problem for a team like Phoenix if they're gonna replace Smith for a few weeks is that they will carry 2 mill just to wear a ballcap behind Smith later on. I don't know if they'll panic unless Smith is out for an extended period.

They've got Michalek-Klesla-Morris-Stone-Rundblad at RD, so pretty deep. Heck, they've got OEL-Schlemko-Yandle-Summers-Gormley at LD, so they're in a position to move D fo help elsewhere for sure if they really wanted Bishop. Think any one of those guys might be too hefty a price for a short-term fix, though.

An offer sheet from us would have to be our own picks.

Do you think Stone is good enough to make the NHL right now? (I can't recall having seen him play even once lol) Would be kinda nice to have both Stone brothers in OTT.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
I don't think so... we won't like the asking price (which will be ridiculous)... Subban is good and brings something but he is simply over-hyped. You'd have to pay a lot "for the name".

We obviously don't know exactly what kind of valuation there is, but based on the contract talks info we have and what fans in general have to say about PK, I feel he's being massively undervalued. Perceived/constructed attitude problems aside, him and Gorges played the toughest minutes on one of the worst teams in the league last year and handled it well. He can also put up points, and he's still a kid.

They'd be very high on Pageau. Change Da Costa for Pageau and I'd consider it. It would be hard to pull the trigger but I'd probably do it. Losing Zibanejad to a divisional rival is worrisome. The 1st I wouldn't be that worried because the Sens could be drafting late with Subban on top of the actual team. Pageau is not a big loss because we have many (better) forwards prospects and well Benoit is a reserve D-man for the Sens

Even then, I'm sure the Habs will want more and they'll have to wait until next summer and get their asking price down because no one will bite (like the CBJ with Nash)

That deal would be two decent pieces but not sure-fire NHL impact pieces along with two most likely career AHLers pieces. Why does anyone trade a beloved first pairing defenceman for that?

The thing is that would cost other pieces bigger than Bishop to get Yandle? And why do the Yotes want to trade Yandle?[/QUOTE]

Do you think Stone is good enough to make the NHL right now? (I can't recall having seen him play even once lol) Would be kinda nice to have both Stone brothers in OTT.

Haha, yeah, that'd make sense but I can't say I've seen him enough to make a call like that. They seem to think he's close to NHL-ready and they have pretty high standards for D.

And DD 2.0 should be included, of course.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
How about Ron Hainsey once Winterpeg drops out of the playoffs? He's a UFA this summer so we could sign him to a deal on July 1 - but adding him for playoff depth would be sweet. Left shot but I think he can play RD

Ott: Hainsey
Win: Bishop, Puempel, Hoffman

Methot - Karllson
Phillips - Hainsey
Weir - Gonchar
Boro - Lundin

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
How about Ron Hainsey once Winterpeg drops out of the playoffs? He's a UFA this summer so we could sign him to a deal on July 1 - but adding him for playoff depth would be sweet. Left shot but I think he can play RD

Ott: Hainsey
Win: Bishop, Puempel, Hoffman

Methot - Karllson
Phillips - Hainsey
Weir - Gonchar
Boro - Lundin

So you're trading a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick and a very well developed prospect for an upcoming UFA.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Let me rephrase. A 1st, a 2nd, and a good prospect for Ron Hainsey. Ron Hainsey.

I see it as a back-up goalie, Hoffman who will never be a regular in Ottawa with our depth and Puempel who is a Cammalerri type of prospect.

Top 4 Dman do not come cheap, we need one and we won't get it for nothing.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Wow...I would have a hard time just trading hoffman straight up for Hainsey.

Much much better choices out there with what you want to give up.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
:thumbd:

I might give them Hoffman.

That being said, I HATE Ron Hainsey.

Why all the hate, plays over 20 minutes a night, he's got a good point shot and offensive instincts, fights, he's big and is a good skater, is a good teammate.

Seems like a decent fit on a team like Ottawa going into the playoffs.

When you see what teams payed at the deadline for players like Kubina, Oduya, Quincy, Zidlicky, Grossman - the price paid is super high and Hainsey won't come for a couple of second tier prospects and a 4th round draft pick. Top 4 D are the biggest commodity at the deadline, you pay a premium for them every time

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Why all the hate, plays over 20 minutes a night, he's got a good point shot and offensive instincts, fights, he's big and is a good skater, is a good teammate.

When you see what teams payed at the deadline for players like Kubina, Oduya, Quincy, Zidlicky, Grossman - the price paid is super high and Hainsey won't come for a couple of second tier prospects and a 4th round draft pick. Top 4 D are the biggest commodity at the deadline, you pay a premium for them every time

I hear what your saying but the jets are crap defensively and argueing how much minutes he eats their is not helping the sell.

Wow...I would have a hard time just trading hoffman straight up for Hainsey.

Much much better choices out there with what you want to give up.

I think the sens would do that right away it's not like our team has forward depth problems. Hoffman is expendable for a decent D man for sure.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I hear what your saying but the jets are crap defensively and argueing how much minutes he eats their is not helping the sell.

I think the sens would do that right away it's not like our team has forward depth problems. Hoffman is expendable for a decent D man for sure.

But Methot also played for a crap defensive team - I understand Ron Hainsey isn't going to win you a Stanley Cup on his own, he's just a depth guy to fill out the top 4 and help out our RD.

We have the depth to make a move for a top 4 Dman, guys like Hoffman and Bishop will not be missed.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

wow, first of all most of the guys mentioned are better than hainsey. second, most of the trades were 2nd and 3rd or an nhl player.

hainsey might be an ok defenseman. pretty vanilla. i think we can get something way better for the package you are proposing.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
well, phoenix does have a ******** of defensive prospects. The question is whether they are willing to trade someone who is ready to play top 4 minutes now.

hopefully we send some pro scouts to their next few games to see what's what.

I'm pretty sure the Sens have been renting a condo for their scout(s) in Phoenix the last couple years

:)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Condra has a 27 pts/ 82 games average while Kelly had 30 and 38 pts in his first two seasons

Just pointing it out

Condra at 25yrs old:81GP 8G 17A 25Pts -- League avg scoring: 5.47 goals/gp
Kelly at 25yrs old: 82GP 10G 20A 30Pts -- League avg scoring: 6.17 goals/gp

I'd say that's pretty similar production. Kelly went on to a 38 pts season where he benefited from playing on the top line temporarly when Spezza and Fisher went down to injuries, but never replicated that production as a Sen again.

I'm not saying Condra will be the next Kelly, just that at this stage in Condra's career, he is following a similar progression. Even their time in bingo is similar (Kelly had 60pts in 77, Condra had 47pts in 55 at 24 yrs old each)

Saying Condra's time is done is a bit premature in my opinion, he may not ever be a top 6 guy, but he is potentially a great bottom 6 piece. Everybody looks at our potential top 6 prospects and expects them to push him out, but I don't see that happening, at least not yet.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Edmonton: Bishop G, Regin C/LW & Condra RW
To Ottawa: Jeff Petry RD & maybe a pick

- rumour has it that Edmonton wants a backup goalie with #1 potential & I believe Bishop has that potential. It is also rumoured that they want a 2nd line centre & again I think that Regin has 2nd line centre potential. Edmonton has small forwards & Regin brings some size, is excellent defensively can play LW or centre & can play on the PK or PP. With two good wingers Regin could excel in the spot. Condra is a filler & I would like to see him replaced anyway in Ottawa with Stone or Zibane.

- Ottawa gets a decent right shot who can fill into their 3rd pairing with Lundin or Wiercioch on the right side. He may also be able to make Gonchar available at the deadline, if he works out well & it would give the organization a little more time next season so as not to rush Ceci. I would like to see Gryba get a shot in Ottawa soon too.

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Petry/Lundin

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
We're trading a desirable cheap goaltender for a 3rd pairing guy?

What the hell are people smoking here today?

The Fuhr*

I don't think Bishop has more value then Lindback or Bobovsky

If Bishop is dealt I'd be happy if we recoup the pick

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
To Edmonton: Bishop G, Regin C/LW & Condra RW
To Ottawa: Jeff Petry RD & maybe a pick

- rumour has it that Edmonton wants a backup goalie with #1 potential & I believe Bishop has that potential. It is also rumoured that they want a 2nd line centre & again I think that Regin has 2nd line centre potential. Edmonton has small forwards & Regin brings some size, is excellent defensively can play LW or centre & can play on the PK or PP. With two good wingers Regin could excel in the spot. Condra is a filler & I would like to see him replaced anyway in Ottawa with Stone or Zibane.

- Ottawa gets a decent right shot who can fill into their 3rd pairing with Lundin or Wiercioch on the right side. He may also be able to make Gonchar available at the deadline, if he works out well & it would give the organization a little more time next season so as not to rush Ceci. I would like to see Gryba get a shot in Ottawa soon too.

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Petry/Lundin

Why would we give away 3 pieces for a defensemen who can be replaced by Lundin? Not to mentiont Regin is very versatile and can play in the top or bottom 6 on our team. Stupid trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad