Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
If EK's job is easier, why has he looked worse?

Kuba brought a calming presence back there, and his higher skill level contributed to the massive amount of offense Karlsson put up.

EK being worse has nothing to do with Methot.

MacLean said it best, EK is just trying to do too much, which is understandable under the circumstances.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If EK's job is easier, why has he looked worse?

Kuba brought a calming presence back there, and his higher skill level contributed to the massive amount of offense Karlsson put up.

because he just got back from europe where they play on international size ice, he hasn't played with methot before, and he was trying to do too much in his first 2 games like coach said.

(i'm not sure his job is any easier but after 2 games any opinions are just about irrelevant)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We've traded with Phoenix before

Bishop to PHX makes a lot of sense

EDIT: Nevermind, he isn't done for the season. Twitter said they were lucky to catch the injury this early

Berserker*

Would you trade for Ovy? I doubt he is happy right now.

It depends on the asking price. His trade value has dropped a lot over the last few years but he could still command a pretty big return.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Have you seen his contract? I don't want Ovechkin. Sorry, but he's not the dynamic league beating winger he once was. The league has figured him out and his athleticism and pure talent will still get him some points, but he's a shell of his former self. He's not nearly worth his contract and you'd quickly have a Redden (God love him) situation on your hands.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Ovie's cap hit isn't worth is right now. And I'm one of Ovie's biggest fans. He's playing like a guy with a 3-4 million dollar cap hit. No where near the money he's getting paid right now.

I really hope he turns it around but it really doesn't look good.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
this team doesnt need someone like ovi to take all the attention. We're working perfectly as a cohesive unit, i have a feeling ovi would mess up the chemistry big time.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd like to acquire Stalberg and put him in Greening's spot on the 3rd line. We'd get a lot more production out of that line without sacrificing any physical play or strong defensive play.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
this. Even Backstrom can't cut it.

Koivu, Kopitar, ... is the type of centre he would excel with imo

yeah, it's a delicate balance. If you have a good 2-way winger who can score it works too. That's the reason spezza, alfie and heatley worked so well.
Also, I think Koviu would be a better winger

I always thought OV would be a good fit in Chicago for some reason

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
Still think the sens need another defensman, more of a depth/defensive/big guy.

Even one injury leaves the defense extra thin, and not completely sold on benoit/wiercioch for a full season.

A 5/6 for cheap or if available a 3/4 in a decent package.

Ideally someone like a younger slightly meaner phillips.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
It's been 2 games but please stop. Kuba bascially did nothing last game and was outplayed by Methot by a large margin.

kuba isn't playing with karlsson and methot is. kuba also didn't look bad last night, just average. i think he was one of the defenceman on the karlsson goal. his partner had a brain cramp at a bad time which probably made kuba look worse.

Even one injury leaves the defense extra thin, and not completely sold on benoit/wiercioch for a full season.

A 5/6 for cheap or if available a 3/4 in a decent package.

Ideally someone like a younger slightly meaner phillips.

like a cowen? :cry:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The most I would give for OV is Michalek straight up

lol really?

I'd still give Michalek + Zibanejad + Hoffman + Gryba (and probably more)

Caps save a lot of money with that too

this team doesnt need someone like ovi to take all the attention. We're working perfectly as a cohesive unit, i have a feeling ovi would mess up the chemistry big time.

I admit the risk is probably not worth it, but wonder if McStache and McClone could do something to transform the Ovie

I think we should send back Benoit (even if he adds skill) to Bingo and try Boro and/or Gryba.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad