Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I like patty making the team. Always thought of him as a project prospect and I'm sure someone can quote me on saying that he won't be ready until he's 22-23 at the earliest.
Found it.
Look at Lee. He looks like an NHL defenseman finally, he's 23 years old. It took him this long, I don't see why some would give up on Weircioch already.

I dunno why some people are already labeling him as a bust. Nobody should have expected him to make the NHL and be in a role that would contribute to the teams success this early.

He's a project, he won't have instant success.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
offer is low and demand is high thats why murray doesnt wanna trade for a defenseman the price is too high. im all for claiming hickey he obviously has potential just needs the right coaching

TheOriginalSilf*

In reply to Tuna's last comment of: "Teubert has an upside to be a bottom pairing Dman and is a good tough player. Remember when Chara got here and he couldn't skate?"

What? So you're telling me that Teubert, who is looking to be without any doubts a bust of a player, has an UPSIDE of a bottom-pairing defenseman. Therefore, by your logic...

Potential bottom pairing D-man who isn't as good as current D-men who can play such as Wiercioch, Borowiecki and Benoit

=

Potential starting goaltender that is already a good NHL back-up
3rd/4th liner that is a good PKer

How can you justify making that deal? I would puke. Also, you claim his UPSIDE is a bottom-pairing defenseman... and then try to compare TEUBERT to CHARA. :laugh:

Again, horrible proposal. No thanks.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Go with our kids save our picks ,we arent a stanley cup contender why waste good asets on junk

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Go with our kids save our picks ,we arent a stanley cup contender why waste good asets on junk

Pretty much my thoughts. Unless we're getting a good prospect on the brink of becoming a full time NHL'er, keep our picks and see how the off-season plays out when teams are trying to shed some cap.

Use the Bingo kids for now and if we can claim some help off waivers or through free agency do that for the short term.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In reply to Tuna's last comment of: "Teubert has an upside to be a bottom pairing Dman and is a good tough player. Remember when Chara got here and he couldn't skate?"

What? So you're telling me that Teubert, who is looking to be without any doubts a bust of a player, has an UPSIDE of a bottom-pairing defenseman. Therefore, by your logic...

Potential bottom pairing D-man who isn't as good as current D-men who can play such as Wiercioch, Borowiecki and Benoit

=

Potential starting goaltender that is already a good NHL back-up
3rd/4th liner that is a good PKer

How can you justify making that deal? I would puke. Also, you claim his UPSIDE is a bottom-pairing defenseman... and then try to compare TEUBERT to CHARA. :laugh:

Again, horrible proposal. No thanks.

Referencing Chara was to demonstrate how much players can grow in the NHL - especially players who are dedicated and play with a love of the game. Chara went from a bottom pairing Dman in NYI who no one in the NHL knew about until the Spezza trade (he was considered a throw in then, more people were excited to get Bill Muckelt. Chara had 9 points and was a -27 for two years before we got him, don't make it seem like he was a budding Norris trophy winner.) The point is players like Alfie, Chara have done well in a stable environment like Ottawa to grow their game and become effective NHL players and even great NHL players.

Teubert has potential to grow his game. He was drafted #12 overall and a change of scenery might do him some good.

The other thing you are missing is asking a rookie in a 48 game schedule like Weircoche or Boro to play out of position on the RD might not be great for their development. Teubert is a big, mean kid who in 2-3 years if paired with a player like Cowen could be an elite and most feared shut down tandem in the NHL.

Do you remember a player called Matt Carkner - became a huge part of our team identity? Not every team is made up of 20 Erik Karlsson's, you need some sand paper and some grit to go along with the skill.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Oilers just got Mark Fistric, a steady hard rock defenceman with zero offensive ability, from Dallas for a third round pick. Fistric won't set the world on fire, but he is very physical, and can play 12 minutes a night in the bottom pairing. He's a shorter, stockier Carkner, basically. If Murray was truly desperate for a defenceman, he would have made a deal like this. Clearly he doesn't feel THAT desperate, at least not yet.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Referencing Chara was to demonstrate how much players can grow in the NHL
If you are using Chara to support your point, then you should use the countless players who we don't know that didn't have a tenth of Chara's trajectory. Obviously.

Unless you make your statements based on watching a lot of Teurbert.

R2010

May 23, 2011
I really don't see the need, he is not a good player. He was drafted high, and that pedigree seems to entice people.

He is a good player - he's just not a Top 4 d-man and stuck behind a good D-core. I think he would be a good 6-7. The pedigree that entices people is he was a very good player in Junior, at the world juniors and has been solid though unspectacular in the AHL. He won't make it on the waiver wire as far down as the sens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Referencing Chara was to demonstrate how much players can grow in the NHL - especially players who are dedicated and play with a love of the game. Chara went from a bottom pairing Dman in NYI who no one in the NHL knew about until the Spezza trade (he was considered a throw in then, more people were excited to get Bill Muckelt. Chara had 9 points and was a -27 for two years before we got him, don't make it seem like he was a budding Norris trophy winner.) The point is players like Alfie, Chara have done well in a stable environment like Ottawa to grow their game and become effective NHL players and even great NHL players.

Teubert has potential to grow his game. He was drafted #12 overall and a change of scenery might do him some good.

The other thing you are missing is asking a rookie in a 48 game schedule like Weircoche or Boro to play out of position on the RD might not be great for their development. Teubert is a big, mean kid who in 2-3 years if paired with a player like Cowen could be an elite and most feared shut down tandem in the NHL.

Do you remember a player called Matt Carkner - became a huge part of our team identity? Not every team is made up of 20 Erik Karlsson's, you need some sand paper and some grit to go along with the skill.

I think so too, Teubert fills two needs on our team, a right shot & a big mean SOB. He may not ever be a great player but he can as you say develop into a decent stay at home defenceman. Maybe we already have that player in Gryba but somehow I think Teubert is the better player. Borocop, Wiercioch & Benoit are all left shots & will be playing out of position should one of them end up on the right side.

Unfortunately on here people only want to talk about the sexy players & only want to trade for the best players or prospects which seldom ever happens or that they would even come to Ottawa. That defensive 3rd pairing right shot is a glaring problem for Ottawa & only Gryba fills that need in the organization unless they keep Ceci which I doubt.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Teubert has been terrible every single time I watched him. Sure, hes big but he's one of the stupidest players I've watched. Constantly putting himself out of position in hopes he can make a big hit. I don't think he'll ever be more then a #6/7 guy and thats even up in the air.

I see him being a bust.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If you are using Chara to support your point, then you should use the countless players who we don't know that didn't have a tenth of Chara's trajectory. Obviously.

Unless you make your statements based on watching a lot of Teurbert.

Teubert was drafted #12 overall and Chara #56 - Tuebert played WJC and won gold and was an assitant Captain on the team - he has a nice trajectory of a mean, bottom pairing Dman who sticks up for his teammates - w Willie Mitchell type of player.

TheOriginalSilf*

1. Who cares if he went #12th overall. You over-value draft position. Watch Teubert. He's awful.

2. Not every player who doesn't start off as an NHL player pans out. Just because Matt Carkner became an NHL player doesn't mean **** about Teubert.

3. Wiercioch/Benoit/Boro will be perfectly fine developing in the NHL this season. They've ALL played there before. Why not give Wiercioch a shot? He's been fantastic this season. All three of these guys have been playing for months now.

4. You still haven't addressed the absolutely ludicrous amount we give up for Teubert in your proposed deal. That's a stupid amount to give up for a player who sane people see as never being an NHL player.

5. You used Chara as a comparison piece to Teubert. That's all that needs to be said.

6. "Oh, well he's a struggling defenseman who needs a change of scenery. He used to be really highly touted. Let's trade for him and I'm sure he'll be fantastic for us!"

gilroy-senators.jpg

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I wanted a new D as much as anyone else, but if Lundin didn't hurt himself we wouldn't be having this convo.

Methot/Karlsson
Wiercioch/Gonchar
Phillips/Benoit

looks like it will work until Lundin comes back .

Le'ts just run with that and then go after Edler in July.

Next year

Edler/Karlsson
Cowen/Wiercioch
Phillips/Methot
Ceci

After

Edler/Karlsson
Cowen/Wiercioch
Methot/Ceci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad