Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
This looks very similar to the group that led us to the playoffs last year.

i would be inclined to say Anderson ( last year .941 & 1.69 GAA) and Lehner (last year .936 & 2.20 GAA) are very similar to the group that led us to the playoffs last year.
unfortunately they arent here this year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You know that minor deal that supposedly fell through, well senschirp believes it was for PA Parenteau or Alex Tanguay

melnyk budget*

Spezza for ott straight up....methot for 2nd...

This forum man...jesus christ

Criticize every move the sens do or dont do...and then come up with these brilliant suggestions.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
You know that minor deal that supposedly fell through, well senschirp believes it was for PA Parenteau or Alex Tanguay

Tanguay would be an awesome addition. He doesn't really fit the profile Murray mentioned earlier in the year though as Alex isn't a goal scorer or power forward.

Still, his injury may mean he comes cheaper than expected. He's got 3 year I think at 3.5 left so he wouldn't be a rental either.

Colorado doesn't seem to need him as they have too many top 6 guys. I don't know who we would be sending out for him though. Maybe Wiercioch?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Parenteau for Michalek? Makes some amount of sense. They get out from the contract of Parenteau who hasn't been as good this year and can audition Michalek and walk away if they don't like what they see. Or maybe Phillips for Parenteau?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Would any of you guys do this:

To Ott:

Moulson
Ott

To Buffalo:

Michalek
Weircioch
Pageau
Da Costa
2015 2nd Rd Pick
Dreider

Money in and out is pretty much the same when you take into account Pageau being on a Two-Way deal.

T.Murray will probably hold our prospects in higher regards to anyone else, and the fact that we let him take the GM job in the first place, would probably give us a little bit of an advantage over other offers.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wonder if we can give phillips away for future considerations, you know like just to give him a good shot at the cup...... OK.. I want him off the roster bad.

Is he really playing that badly? Many Bruin's prognosticators have a man crush on him IMO.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Tanguay would be an awesome addition. He doesn't really fit the profile Murray mentioned earlier in the year though as Alex isn't a goal scorer or power forward.

Still, his injury may mean he comes cheaper than expected. He's got 3 year I think at 3.5 left so he wouldn't be a rental either.

Colorado doesn't seem to need him as they have too many top 6 guys. I don't know who we would be sending out for him though. Maybe Wiercioch?

Conacher.....

To Ott:

Moulson
Ott

To Buffalo:

Michalek
Weircioch
Pageau
Da Costa
2015 2nd Rd Pick
Dreider

Money in and out is pretty much the same when you take into account Pageau being on a Two-Way deal.

T.Murray will probably hold our prospects in higher regards to anyone else, and the fact that we let him take the GM job in the first place, would probably give us a little bit of an advantage over other offers.

NO....just NO

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Paranteau would be an awesome addition

Wiercioch + late pick or mediocre prospect would probably be a fair price for him

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005

I think PA makes more sense since he is a local boy and we know how Murray likes them. He'd be a decent addition but depending on the price.

I can't see Murray wanting a washed up Tanguay unless he came real cheep

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is he really playing that badly? Many Bruin's prognosticators have a man crush on him IMO.

He is not being used correctly on this team imo. The sens are giving him too many minutes and he is being put on the pp when he shouldn't be. I personally think that he would be used more correctly on the bruins then on the sens.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax

he's not that bad he just needs to play bottom pair mins now hes excellent in lower mins but when he gets over worked he wears it. What do you think Boston offers for him for the sake of argument?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

He's no more than a #6 dman. The coach uses him like a #3 so naturally he looks even worse.

Terrible breakout. Bobbles every single pass or keep in. Would rather point at a player for someone to cover than position himself to defend. A lot of facepalm coverage.

Still a decent PKer though.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008

One of our prospects, Cody Ceci, is actually a vampire and has sucked all semblance of skill from Chris Phillips. This is the only way explain Phillip's decline while Ceci plays much of the same type of game Phillips did when he was younger.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

To Ott:

Moulson
Ott

To Buffalo:

Michalek
Weircioch
Pageau
Da Costa
2015 2nd Rd Pick
Dreider

Yeah, it can work providing you ignore number of contracts team limitations, value, contract status, age, and the fact that GMs are having an exceptionally difficult time pulling off even one for one swaps let alone massive players and a pick deals. Otherwise, no.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you trade a center so that you can then...make another trade for a center? #hflogic

have you ever seen a trade where players of the same position switched teams. just because you trade a player (center or defenseman) doesn't mean its dumb to improve on that position one way or another.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

Jets fan here.

Setoguchi also fits. Scoring winger that isn't entirely out of place on a top line, but shouldn't be there full time. Fits the timeline too, perhaps Chevy decided he didn't want to sell and pulled the trade off the table. Jets are now 4 pts out of the playoffs.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Murray should get Brad Boyes and Mike Cammalleri..Salary probably cost less the 3 million total

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Cammalleri Spezza Stone
Michelak Zibanejad Boyes

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Murray should get Brad Boyes and Mike Cammalleri..Salary probably cost less the 3 million total

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Cammalleri Spezza Stone
Michelak Zibanejad Boyes

yup......if the intent is to go for it this year that sounds about right probably costs very little in terms of assets as well.

BigBush*

Could be interesting... With the islanders lookin to move Vanek other rental wingers like Cammalleri and Moulson just got a bit cheaper

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
have you ever seen a trade where players of the same position switched teams. just because you trade a player (center or defenseman) doesn't mean its dumb to improve on that position one way or another.

Have you ever seen a team make a trade to create a hole in their lineup so that they could try to make another trade to fill that hole again?

ChronicallyInjured

Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

To Ott:

Moulson
Ott

To Buffalo:

Michalek
Weircioch
Pageau
Da Costa
2015 2nd Rd Pick
Dreider

No chance, Bryan and Tim Murray are professionals and aren't going to be playing this "well I did LET YOU leave you know.. you owe ussssss" Maybe Melnyk haha

The Fuhr*

he's not that bad he just needs to play bottom pair mins now hes excellent in lower mins but when he gets over worked he wears it. What do you think Boston offers for him for the sake of argument?

If Douglas Murray can get two 2nds I have to think Phillips has similar value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad