Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This defence WILL BE fine. No need to move picks and prospects for something we have a surplus of. In 2-3 years when we are set to contend, this will be the D

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
what would methot fetch us on the trade market? a 2nd? i'd take it

Yuck, seriously? Wouldn't you rather just keep the only good veteran defensive D we have? Are we that desperate to make a move?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you have also given up on this season. Good to know.

you think the acquisition of an average defencman will do what exactly? And do you mean "given up on the season" Is that you asking me if we are gonan win the cup, then my answer is no we wont win, so yet I have given up on the season. I do think we will make the playoffs though. Ceci has been better than any acquisition we could have gotten. This top two d that people want is not availably for trade.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I feel murray shouldn't make any movie unless its big. Hoffman, prince, and stone could probably do what any other forward brought in on a "small deal" could do

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Honestly, I think the defense is fine they just need to learn how to cover the front of the freaking net when someone has the puck behind it!

Our defense looks worse than it is because we're not getting the goaltending we were last year.

You know what this team needs desperately? STEVE OTT.

We need a guy with Chris Neil's intensity, but with actual ability to play in our top 6. Heck, I'd trade Spezza for him straight up.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
I think it isn't so much that Murray wants to add a winger as he needs to improve the team and wingers are available.

There aren't any defencemen available.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Wikstrand, Claesson, even Borwiecki get added to the mix next year, along with Wiercioch. Patience is the key with D.

Build it and let it mature. These guys will be fine. With the next two years as building blocks, eventually it could look like some combination of

Claesson - Karlsson
Wikstrand - Ceci
Cowen - Wiercioch
Methot - Gryba

I think you need a quasi hockey god to play with Karlsson and do well. The guy is an offensive phenom. Unfortunately when you are up in the play all the time there will be odd man rushes the other direction. Risk and reward has its cost and the other d man is the one pulling the puck out of the net.(+- affirms this).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

a 2nd? what? come on man. he's our best defenceman imo. he's the guy i want out there in any situation with a game on the line.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
That is a really dangerous amount of youth to have on the blueline at one time. We could really benefit from one solid, stay-at-home veteran D for the guys.

This coming from the guy who wants this as our center group.

#1 center 24 yrs (288 games 146pts)
#2 center 20yrs (95 games, 42pts)
#3 center 21yrs (30 games, 6pts)
#4 center 25 yrs (254 games 69pts)

You know what this seems like to me? a really dangerous amount of youth to have at center at one time.
this place is too much...lol.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahaa!!!!
That's GOLD!

i would be to my everlasting entertainment if you would be so kind as to break down the logic behind that trade for me. pleasepleaseplease!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Honestly, I think the defense is fine they just need to learn how to cover the front of the freaking net when someone has the puck behind it!

Our defense looks worse than it is because we're not getting the goaltending we were last year.

You know what this team needs desperately? STEVE OTT.

We need a guy with Chris Neil's intensity, but with actual ability to play in our top 6. Heck, I'd trade Spezza for him straight up.

I usually enjoy your posts, so I will assume that milbury took control of your computer just in time to write that last line.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

You know what this seems like to me? a really dangerous amount of youth to have at center at one time.

Nah, after da costas two goal game, he was suddenly pencilled in to peoples long term teams.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Spezza+Dacosta/Stone/Conacher for Kane+Seto?

As a spezza supporter I would be down with this.... But im probably replacing seto with clitsome and seeing what else we have to add....
if this is the case im also trading for a center, a good one, methot ryan to Colorado perhaps? or philly

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
As a spezza supporter I would be down with this.... But im probably replacing seto with clitsome and seeing what else we have to add....
if this is the case im also trading for a center, a good one, methot ryan to Colorado perhaps? or philly

So you trade a center so that you can then...make another trade for a center? #hflogic

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

This looks very similar to the group that led us to the playoffs last year.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Well I'dake a proposal but we really don't have any assets that I think other teams are interested in.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
This looks very similar to the group that led us to the playoffs last year.

In a 48 game season, with plenty of experience on wing and defense to make up for it.

It doesn't have to be Spezza, but I do believe that centre group is too young to compete... if that's the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad