Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Tlusty might be worth keeping an eye on tomorrow. Not really a "vet" scorer, but could possibly come on the cheap due to the underwhelming year.

He's really hot and cold but could be a nice buy low deal for us. He was on pace for 39 goals last year, is really cheap right now, only 25, and is an RFA after this year.

I don't see why he couldn't replicate what he did last year on Spezza's wing. I could see him scoring ~25 goals a couple of years.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
To Ottawa
Hemsky 50%, Petry

To Edmonton
Greening, Gryba, Da Costa.

Hemsky/Spezza/Stone
MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Zibanejad/Michalek
Condra/Smith/Neil
Kassian

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Petry
Phillips/Ceci
Wiercioch

Next season

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Ceci
Wiercioch/Petry
Borowiecki

A much more balanced D core.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
To Ottawa
Hemsky 50%, Petry

To Edmonton
Greening, Gryba, Da Costa.

Hemsky/Spezza/Stone
MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Zibanejad/Michalek
Condra/Smith/Neil
Kassian

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Petry
Phillips/Ceci
Wiercioch

Next season

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Ceci
Wiercioch/Petry
Borowiecki

A much more balanced D core.

I may be wrong, but I think they have a man crush on Petry over there. He is their number one (hahaha) d-man over there.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I wonder if we can give phillips away for future considerations, you know like just to give him a good shot at the cup...... OK.. I want him off the roster bad.

Gothenburg 40*

How about no trades whatsoever if they involve current roster players and/or any draft picks from next year and beyond?

Logic suggests a defenseman has to be traded but the sentimental part of this Sens fan doesn't want Phillips to go, plus I'm not sure there would be any takers on Corvo. Aside from dangling guys like Da Costa, Hoffman, and Pageau as well as any or all of their draft picks for this year, Sens brass should seriously consider making no trades at all this year.

Then, if their serious about this supposed cup run of theirs, they can go big in the summer with a free agent or two like Moulson or Girardi, and silence all those anti-Melnikites that began whining ever since Alfredsson abandoned us.

The Senators have a good team. I have faith in them. Not sure about this year but there is still lots of potential for the next decade or so. I say keep the group intact.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
SensChirp seems to agree with me when I say it's probably nothing more then looking at Brad Boyes... Extremely cheap top6 rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->