Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
No, it's because he's terrible on the boards and ***** his pants when he has to have the puck on his stick for more than 3 seconds. Watching Gaborik try to grind down low to appease Torts reminds me of that certain avatar here that was banned

Terrible on the boards... so lets trade the player who scores 40 goals instead of change a system that dont work...

Heyoooo*

Posting Gaborik's streaky stats this year while a team is struggling? What a novel idea.

Lets look at Patrick Marleau's streaky stats as well when SJ went 1-6-3. I think he had one goal during that stretch after setting the record for consecutive multi-goal games to start a season.

Same concept.

My point is posting ****** statistics of top players when their teams are going through losing streaks can be done for anyone. Of course theyre going to look bad.

Lets take the first 10 game sample size for Hank and use that as a reason to get rid of him too.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The criticism here amazes me. You want to trade Gaborik because he has 2 goals in the last 13 games? What about the rest of the team? There's 17 other skaters on the ice. Not to mention the team has been decimated by injuries. You take away Rick Nash and now you have opposing teams solely focusing on Gaborik. And when you lose your best defenders you spend more time in your own end instead of the offensive zone.

How about instead of making all these trades and quick fixes a lot of you are clamoring for, we let the team get healthy, and see how they play together.

Heyoooo*

If its between a ****** system thats arresting the offensive ability of this team (players who operate better offensively not restricted) or a two-time 40 goal scorer who is 4th in GPG in the league since hes been here, I pick the system to go.

I wanna put my 40 goal scorer in the best possible position to succeed. Hes struggling in a system clearly not designed for him. He showed last year that he can work through it and contribute, but maybe this year the team is just not mentally there after the roster changes.

This isnt just about working around one player either, its Nash, Richards, Stepan, Hagelin, etc. as well. They are too skilled to be doing this dumb and chase.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If its between a ****** system thats arresting the offensive ability of this team (players who operate better offensively not restricted) or a two-time 40 goal scorer who is 4th in GPG in the league since hes been here, I pick the system to go.

I wanna put my 40 goal scorer in the best possible position to succeed. Hes struggling in a system clearly not designed for him. He showed last year that he can work through it and contribute, but maybe this year the team is just not mentally there after the roster changes.

This isnt just about working around one player either, its Nash, Richards, Stepan, Hagelin, etc. as well. They are too skilled to be doing this dumb and chase.

If I had to guess, you really couldnt explain what type of system is currently being employed. And you really couldnt explain what you'd like it replaced with.

But hey, you have the right to complain about it - what a great country.

Heyoooo*

If I had to guess, you really couldnt explain what type of system is currently being employed. And you really couldnt explain what you'd like it replaced with.

Dump and chase.... with puck possession players, strong forechecking.... with only two players capable of retrieving pucks, utilizing stretch passes.... with no momentum, capitalizing on mistakes for offense/offense from defense (forcing the issue) which is what the vast majority of our offense comes from, turnovers, transition game is ****, etc..... from players like Gaborik and Richards who arent particularly strong defensively, etc. This is a system for teams like Columbus that know they have to work hard as a team for a chance to win. Every team relies on showing up at the rink everyday but in comparison, the Rangers are obviously the more skilled team. They can play a skill game.

They should be gaining the zone WITH the puck, not without it. Gaborik and Richards work great in tight areas with the puck. Too much of their game predicates upon creating offense from the other side of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm

To be fair I think Tortorello has generally given Gaborik free reign offensively and has encourgaed him to use his speed. Unfortunately this year he doesn't seem to have the same zip in his shot and Richards has been so bad it makes it quite hard to play good offensive hockey.

I'm not sure what system you are promoting in regards to Gaborik but in my opinion his struggles have less to do with the system and more to do with Richards and getting his shot (and confidence back) after his shoulder surgery.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Stop with this ********.

'He's ruining this kids confidence right now."

No he's not. This is a man's sport. Chris Kreider is not a ****ing cry baby. He's feelings are not 'hurt'.

CHRIS KREIDER is responsible for playing like ****. NOT John Tortorella.

The Kreider we saw last year in the playoffs is a COMPLETE different player than we are seeing now. If you don't notice the difference I suggest going back and watching those games. He was electric when he first came up. Skating hard, hustling to loose pucks, using his body, etc.

I've said it before here, ever since he got laid out by Orpik, he's been timid, and playing scared.

It has nothing to do with Tortorella, he has no choice but to play him right now due to the injuries. Someone needs to talk to the kid and tell him to get hungry again, because right now he's playing like a straight up vaginal canal.

Disagree.
Don't think he's timid but tentative.
Not afraid to take the body, IMO.
He's afraid of screwing up and dealing w/Torts.

When Kreider is unshackled, he'll play with abandon, play ok, make mistakes, do better. Not until then.

Fire torts.

Heyoooo*

To be fair I think Tortorello has generally given Gaborik free reign offensively and has encourgaed him to use his speed. Unfortunately this year he doesn't seem to have the same zip in his shot and Richards has been so bad it makes it quite hard to play good offensive hockey.

I'm not sure what system you are promoting in regards to Gaborik but in my opinion his struggles have less to do with the system and more to do with Richards and getting his shot (and confidence back) after his shoulder surgery.

That would imply that Gaborik relies so heavily on Richards to produce and I disagree there. Gaborik creates his own chances. Always has. I do agree though in part because he hasnt really received a pass worth a **** from Richards pretty much all year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Not to pick on you specifically, BRB, but I'm getting tired of the posts that are essentially claiming you must have at least spent a minimum of 5 years as an assistant coach at the college level to have the necessary qualifications to comment on the team's style of play.

Do I need to know that it's called the Left Wing Half Nelson Lock Trap and Go with Cherries on Top and that it requires the LD to transport the puck - but only if the play starts below the defensive circles and the center is shadowed - to have the ability to observe it's principle features and to critique them?

C'mon.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Would you take Perron + for Gaborik?

I would.

Gaborik does not fit here. They should look to get back some young assets for him now.

I'm leaning against trading Gaborik given the paucity of legit snipers, but...

St. Louis has various assets that work as a package for Gaborik +.

What about Shattenkirk + Tarasenko for Gaborik + Girardi?

The proven offensive W for the potential W, but w/reasonable risk, offset by good defensive D but w/great righty shot we need for outstanding defensive righty D?

We'd be way ahead on cap, also.

Heyoooo*

Not to pick on you specifically, BRB, but I'm getting tired of the posts that are essentially claiming you must have at least spent a minimum of 5 years as an assistant coach at the college level to have the necessary qualifications to comment on the team's style of play.

Do I need to know that it's called the Left Wing Half Nelson Lock Trap and Go with Cherries on Top and that it requires the LD to transport the puck - but only if the play starts below the defensive circles and the center is shadowed - to have the ability to observe it's principle features and to critique them?

C'mon.

Great reply and thank you for posting this. I said "You dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" before regarding this.

Its more than just him that does it, and quite frankly, its insulting to the rest of us that we dont know anything about what we all subscribe to on a nightly basis.

Im pretty sure we all have played hockey at some level as well. Ive played all around Upstate NY and programs up here arent exactly a joke.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
That would imply that Gaborik relies so heavily on Richards to produce and I disagree there. Gaborik creates his own chances. Always has. I do agree though in part because he hasnt really received a pass worth a **** from Richards pretty much all year.
I didn't mean to give the impression that Gaborik relies that heavily in Richards.

But I think any player benefits from playing with someone who can get them the puck in goal scoring positions, especially someone like Gaborik who constantly puts himself in good opportunities. And I think any players production will suffer when playing with someone who is playing as poorly as Richards is right now.

Gaborik showed at the tail end of last year that playing with a Richards who is on form is beneficial to his production.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Disagree.
Don't think he's timid but tentative.
Not afraid to take the body, IMO.
He's afraid of screwing up and dealing w/Torts.

When Kreider is unshackled, he'll play with abandon, play ok, make mistakes, do better. Not until then.

Fire torts.
That may be the case but that is all speculation on your part, especially given Kreider's poor play down in Hartford as well.

Let's also not forget that Torts has stuck with Miller through his ups and downs this year and also helped us blood a ton of prospects (Hagelin, Anisimov, Stepan, McDonaugh, Del Zotto, Sauer) who have blossomed under Torts's guidance and he's down a great job of promoting youth and getting them to play well.

With Torts track record in developing prospects I don't see what you know about his handling of Kreider that makes you feel he's somehow been managed improperly.

Dorado*

I'm leaning against trading Gaborik given the paucity of legit snipers, but...

St. Louis has various assets that work as a package for Gaborik +.

What about Shattenkirk + Tarasenko for Gaborik + Girardi?

The proven offensive W for the potential W, but w/reasonable risk, offset by good defensive D but w/great righty shot we need for outstanding defensive righty D?

We'd be way ahead on cap, also.

And St. Louis would not do for so many reasons . The cap going there way just one of them .
Is Girardi + Gab this years MZA + a 2 nd Bern ? Hahaha I'd do it haha

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dump and chase.... with puck possession players, strong forechecking.... with only two players capable of retrieving pucks, utilizing stretch passes.... with no momentum, capitalizing on mistakes for offense/offense from defense (forcing the issue) which is what the vast majority of our offense comes from, turnovers, transition game is ****, etc..... from players like Gaborik and Richards who arent particularly strong defensively, etc. This is a system for teams like Columbus that know they have to work hard as a team for a chance to win. Every team relies on showing up at the rink everyday but in comparison, the Rangers are obviously the more skilled team. They can play a skill game.

They should be gaining the zone WITH the puck, not without it. Gaborik and Richards work great in tight areas with the puck. Too much of their game predicates upon creating offense from the other side of it.

Well said, I believe you informatively and thoroughly answered his ?,
Would only add you forgot the constant shot blocking, beyond reason, even to extent of 6Gs on the ice, resulting in players shifting out of place and getting injured.

Heyoooo*

Well said, I believe you informatively and thoroughly answered his ?,
Would only add you forgot the constant shot blocking, beyond reason, even to extent of 6Gs on the ice, resulting in players shifting out of place and getting injured.

I was referring more to our "offense" but I agree here.

There is nothing that illustrates trying to fit a square peg in a round hole more than having Marian ****ing Gaborik blocking shots. If we rewound to July 2009 and Tortorella said that, this entire board would explode.

Hey, they signed him, is what I say. To his credit, he hasnt been a prima donna and has done everything thats been asked of him here. Still, hed be much better in a more open system and not one where most of his offense comes from him having to grind along the end boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

C'mon.

Nope if you have not spent time with Torts and Sully watching them map out their brilliant "system," which you of course must know by its secret name, then you have no right to post in protest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad