Not open for further replies.

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
Douglas Murray
Adrian Aucoin
Jordan Leopold (ew)
Mike Komisarek (if the Leafs eat some of his contract)
JM Liles (see above for Komisarek)
Ladislav Smid
Ryan Whitney (ew)
Mark Fistric
Lubo Visnovsky
Mark Streit
Sergei Gonchar

I'm just curious, why ew over Leopold?

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Douglas Murray
Adrian Aucoin
Jordan Leopold (ew)
Mike Komisarek (if the Leafs eat some of his contract)
JM Liles (see above for Komisarek)
Ladislav Smid
Ryan Whitney (ew)
Mark Fistric
Lubo Visnovsky
Mark Streit
Sergei Gonchar

I'd take Smid or Murray for sure.

Streit would be perfect but no chance that happens.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
To stray away from all the ROR talk for a moment...

Can anyone think of some cheap d-men we could pick up at the deadline to shore up the bottom pairing?

Depends on what side we're looking for.

The following are listed at RD in the last issue of THN and are UFAs this year.

Marek Zidlicky
Mark Streit
Lubomir Visnovsky
Francois Boullion
Sergei Gonchar
Mike Lundin
Mike Kostka
Mike Mottau
Tyson Strachan
John Erskine
Ron Hainsey
Grant Clitsome
Adrian Aucoin
Ian White
Jeff Woywitka
Anton Babchuk
Ryan O'Byrne
Drew Bagnall
Andrew Alberts
Davis Drewiskie

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I know you're joking, but that was totally all on Sedin.

Oh, that's a shame. From what I saw of him last year (not very much) he looked pretty good. I think I've only watched 1 Buffalo game this year.

Yeah, the Buffalo fans are actually celebrating him being scratched. And their defense as a whole hasn't been stellar.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm not sure what's puzzling about that. Interest is probably pretty high and Sherman wants to cull it down to the teams with the best opening offers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So it was the Rangers that brought up DZ's name and not the Avs? Surprised. I wouldn't think that the Rangers would throw up DZ right away, would think they'd try Stralman first.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
O'Reilly can't be a group III until he plays 7 accrued seasons or is 27. He has 3 accrued seasons. O'Reilly won't be getting an accrued season this season. The NHL hasn't announced what number accounts for an accrued season this season. Say its 28 games played. He won't be traded in time to play 28 regular season games. O'Reilly is 22. He could have been a group III at 25 if didn't hold out this year and met the accrued games requirement.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Teams know what a players value is. You have to realize GM's don't like to waste eachothers time.

Notably, we offered Rozsvial+Zherdev for Dany Heatley. And we decided not to bring back Zherdev at that salary.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
O'Reilly can't be a group III until he plays 7 accrued seasons or is 27. He has 3 accrued seasons. O'Reilly won't be getting an accrued season this season. The NHL hasn't announced what number accounts for an accrued season this season. Say its 28 games played. He won't be traded in time to play 28 regular season games. O'Reilly is 22. He could have been a group III at 25 if didn't hold out this year and met the accrued games requirement.
I think it's still within reach. 24 games would be same proportion for a 48 game season. It just has to be games on the roster, too, not games actually played.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Well considering what the Jackets were asking for last year and what they ended up getting, why is it such to believe teams ask for/offer too high/too low?

Nash had a NMC. I think the Rangers may have known Nash wanted to be a Ranger so they were in a bit more control than they are now.

I think they know O'Reilly's value and probably know what other teams are offering. Hence, MDZ.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Can anyone inform me what happens if Colorado doesn't move him and he refuses to sign? I'm not sure of what happens to their/his rights, etc...

Colorado will just retain his rights indefinitely. His NHL choices are either sign with Colorado or hope for a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->