Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Scouts at Wings n Kings.........other night Sharks and Avs.........this means.........likely nothing:laugh:

If they move Gaborik I do think SJ makes sense though, Pavelski, Clowe coming back would be pretty good although I want Gabby to stay.

Colorado likely Dmen scouted if they get ROR

I volunteer to drive Gaborik to the airport. Love me some Pavelski.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Are you serious or messing with me?
Something about those names makes me think of rednecks and wrestlers, lol
No those are all teenage coldreaders living in their parents basements. Actually, that's not fair, some of them are middle aged and living in their parent's basement.

member 116805

Haha, you (little) *******!
Good thing i am paranoid, didnt fall for it ;)

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Mods, if you close this thread, I already made a new one.

You just need to open it after closing this one. Thanks. :)

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
My guess is rangers were scouting Murray in Avs-Sharks, and White is the obvious choice in Kings-Wings but he was scratched, Boyle for Stoll?

Kershaw

Thought Rangers fans are sick of the shot blocking, slow skating, non-breakout defenseman? How does adding a slow guy like Murray who is pretty much done help that out? I'd rather have Gilroy.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Thought Rangers fans are sick of the shot blocking, slow skating, non-breakout defenseman? How does adding a slow guy like Murray who is pretty much done help that out? I'd rather have Gilroy.

He is a rental for the rest of the season. For #6 or #7, should come cheap, clears the crease and provides some physical play on the blue line.
There are definitely better options out there, and better fitting ones since he is LD, but more expensive.

Kershaw

He is a rental for the rest of the season. For #6 or #7, should come cheap, clears the crease and provides some physical play on the blue line.
There are definitely better options out there, and better fitting ones since he is LD, but more expensive.

If you want crease-clearer, go for a guy like Regehr. He at least isn't a liability on the ice and is still an elite PKer. I was reading THN issue 2008 and he was voted best pure shutdown guy. lol.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
If you want crease-clearer, go for a guy like Regehr. He at least isn't a liability on the ice and is still an elite PKer. I was reading THN issue 2008 and he was voted best pure shutdown guy. lol.

Definitely an upgrade, but with so many teams looking for Dmen, he may cost at least a 2nd. + he has NTC.

Kershaw

Do you think the sens will be sellers?

No, I don't think so. I don't think they'll be buyers for rentals either. They'll probably swoop in for some young, long-term asset that can help them out now like O'Reilly.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Do you think the sens will be sellers?

I did
Now very uncertain
Sens are now #5 at 20 GP 12 wins 6 losses 2 OTL and 26 points.
7 points into playoff territory
Until the deadline April 5 their schedule is as follows:

Thu, 28 Feb 2013 Senators @ Bruins
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 Senators @ Flyers
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 Senators @ Islanders
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 Senators @ Maple Leafs
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 Senators @ Rangers
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 Bruins @ Senators
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 Senators @ Canadiens
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 Senators @ Sabres
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 Jets @ Senators
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 Senators @ Islanders
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 Bruins @ Senators
Sat, 23 Mar 2013 Lightning @ Senators
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 Devils @ Senators
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 Rangers @ Senators
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 Maple Leafs @ Senators
Tue, 2 Apr 2013 Senators @ Bruins
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 Senators @ Sabres

They would have to go something like 6-11 to become probable sellers

NOT VERY LIKELY

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I did
Now very uncertain
Sens are now #5 at 20 GP 12 wins 6 losses 2 OTL and 26 points.
7 points into playoff territory
Until the deadline April 5 their schedule is as follows:

Thu, 28 Feb 2013 Senators @ Bruins
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 Senators @ Flyers
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 Senators @ Islanders
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 Senators @ Maple Leafs
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 Senators @ Rangers
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 Bruins @ Senators
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 Senators @ Canadiens
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 Senators @ Sabres
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 Jets @ Senators
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 Senators @ Islanders
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 Bruins @ Senators
Sat, 23 Mar 2013 Lightning @ Senators
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 Devils @ Senators
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 Rangers @ Senators
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 Maple Leafs @ Senators
Tue, 2 Apr 2013 Senators @ Bruins
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 Senators @ Sabres

They would have to go something like 6-11 to become probable sellers

NOT VERY LIKELY

MacLean is a shoo in for the Adams if (or is it when?) they make the playoffs.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I think people are not understanding my reasoning for wanting to move Gaborik. I am not calling him a bad player. Nor am I saying he won't come out of his slump. What I am, and have been saying is that I do not believe Gaborik is in this teams long term plans. With that in mind if a team is willing to move a good young player ++ move him now.

The fact of the matter is that Gaborik is paid to be a difference maker night in and night out. No one can say he has been that. I feel the Rangers, given a more deep offensive team by way of him being traded, would be able to do just as well with a team offense mentality.

I also believe that Gaborik is part of the reason for Richards' struggles. They just simply do not mesh.

I disagree. I'm saying he's paid to be a top ten goal scorer in the leauge. Which he has been. A lot of peopke here expect him to be a game changing, impact type of player, but that's not who he is. He is a sniper. Unnoticeable, you don't see him, then bang bang, two shots, two goals. That's what he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad