Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorado*

Richards signed a deal with a nice caphit and lonterm. He was 27 at the time of the trade.

Gaborik has 1 year left on his contract after this one at $7.5M. He is currently 31.

If anything, take a look at the Dany Heatley trades(s). Similar cap hit, term was longer, but they were also similar age and are both goal scoring forwards. Maybe look at the Hossa or Kovalchuk trades, although they are both better than Gaborik, and they were "rental" type trades.

I would expect a similar player on a similar contract who could use a change of scenery, or a good roster player, good prospect, and maybe a 1st round pick, if we're lucky. More likely a second round pick. Remember, Gaborik has a NTC. From all accounts, he likes New York and he likes the Rangers. Who knows if he'll even waive it? And if he does, who knows what teams he'll waive for? He could severely limit the market, or just say "no, I'd rather stay here".

What part if NY does MG like ? The part where he is repeatedly benched ? Maybe it's the par if NY where the coach repeatedly throws him under the bus or gives him back handed compliments ? Or is the part where a plug / goon punched him out while his team mates stand around and watch ?

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
We should acquire these players:
Steve Ott
Cal Clutterbuck

We miss Prust. Our team looks lifeless...I hate to say...we need more jam...but...
We also need more creativity - we don't need our skilled players playing with jam but we need some players with jam to play with jam.

Gabotrick

Nov 25, 2011
Now, on a more realistic note, Ian White was a healthy scratch for Detroit tonight. He's a RH shot, and he's in the final year of a 2 year, $2.875M contract. He's a huge upgrade on either one of Gilroy, Bickel, or Eminger, and has the potential to be an upgrade on Stralman should he fit in with our D corps.

I think he'd be a good player for Slats to look into.

Well I dont know if this was said before, but apparently there were ranger scouts at the La/Det game and apparently our scouts never monitor the Kings, so maybe the Rangers are taking interest in Ian White.

Punxrocknyc19*

We should acquire these players:
Steve Ott
Cal Clutterbuck

We miss Prust. Our team looks lifeless...I hate to say...we need more jam...but...
We also need more creativity - we don't need our skilled players playing with jam but we need some players with jam to play with jam.

I agree. Id take one of Ott Clifford Clutterbuck Shaw McGinn at deadline..

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Whats the consensus here for a hypothetical Ryan O'Reilly trade....Would Del Zotto/Christian Thomas for O'Reilly get the deal done, would it be fair for both sides. Would you do it?

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Well I dont know if this was said before, but apparently there were ranger scouts at the La/Det game and apparently our scouts never monitor the Kings, so maybe the Rangers are taking interest in Ian White.

Did they scout White eating popcorn in the press box?

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY

...Why is that?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Scouts at Wings n Kings.........other night Sharks and Avs.........this means.........likely nothing:laugh:

If they move Gaborik I do think SJ makes sense though, Pavelski, Clowe coming back would be pretty good although I want Gabby to stay.

Colorado likely Dmen scouted if they get ROR

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Scouts at Wings n Kings.........other night Sharks and Avs.........this means.........likely nothing:laugh:

If they move Gaborik I do think SJ makes sense though, Pavelski, Clowe coming back would be pretty good although I want Gabby to stay.

Colorado likely Dmen scouted if they get ROR

where do you guys find out about scouts being at games? they say it during the game?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Rick Kehoe scouted the Wings/Wild game on Jan 25. Maybe they are looking at one of the wings players?

I have always thought the Wings would have serious interest in Gaborik if he were available. Zetterberg has Franzen and Brunner. Datsyuk plays with Cleary and Abdelkader. Huge drop off for Pavel.

*Bob Richards*

I have always thought the Wings would have serious interest in Gaborik if he were available. Zetterberg has Franzen and Brunner. Datsyuk plays with Cleary and Abdelkader. Huge drop off for Pavel.

Didn't Datsyuk and Gaborik have excellent chemistry in the all star game last season? :naughty:

member 116805

question: As a twitter beginner, who would you say would be the top 5 people to follow when it comes to whats going on with trades etc?

SupersonicMonkey*

Well in that case, blow it up no one else can either

There's a lot of talent on this club.

A club with two of the top 10 goal scorers in the league. One of the top point producing centers of the last decade. One of the top goaltenders of the last decade. One of the league's top defense corps. One of the hardest working captains. One of the league's top prospects.

And they can't get more consistency out of them? Something isn't right.

What is the problem, what is the solution.

Blow it up? No. Retool a little. Shake things up.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
question: As a twitter beginner, who would you say would be the top 5 people to follow when it comes to whats going on with trades etc?

Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, Renaud Lavoie, Nick Kypreos.

Also, Kevin Allen and Brennan Klak.

I'd avoid Hockeybuzz and TheFourthPeriod, the latter more so, both just toss out random rumours and never really confirm anything themselves.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Whats the consensus here for a hypothetical Ryan O'Reilly trade....Would Del Zotto/Christian Thomas for O'Reilly get the deal done, would it be fair for both sides. Would you do it?

It's been established that the Rangers would want a defenseman back in the deal and Colorado isn't willing to offer that right now.

member 116805

Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, Renaud Lavoie, Nick Kypreos.

Also, Kevin Allen and Brennan Klak.

I'd avoid Hockeybuzz and TheFourthPeriod, the latter more so, both just toss out random rumours and never really confirm anything themselves.

Great, thanks a lot

SupersonicMonkey*

Detroit has some intriguing prospects, IMO.

If there were a trade to Detroit involving Gaborik, the prospects I'd covet the most are Landon Ferraro, Brendan Smith, and Riley Sheahan.

Two of the three.

member 116805

Hockey ********
Incarcerated Bob
The Code
Dallas Dave
Trade rumor Tom

Are you serious or messing with me?
Something about those names makes me think of rednecks and wrestlers, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad