Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I had Miller going to St Louis early this afternoon so I'm glad I got that one right now this Buffalo flip the pieces they got from St Louis plus for the Rangers for Callahan and sign a long-term extension

And then do the Rangers flip those pieces for MSL?

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
No I saw that part of it. I should have bolded the part about the rangers being willing to go up to 6 years to close the deal and if callahan insists on more than 6.5 million a year he's gone.

Thats the first time I'm publicly hearing the rangers are willing to go up to 6y 6.5mil. Callahan takes that deal no? If Callahan won't take that deal I'll be very surprised.

I hope we go nowhere near those numbers. Would rather let him play out the year and walk.

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's
Starting to think more and more that Cally will get resigned. I'm less and less enthused.
The Ranger offer that Cally is turning down right now is still too much IMO. At least there is a trade to talk about, just not a Ranger trade.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I had Miller going to St Louis early this afternoon so I'm glad I got that one right now this Buffalo flip the pieces they got from St Louis plus for the Rangers for Callahan and sign a long-term extension
Would be nice to get that 2015 1st rounder. Even if it's later in the round. Then something like Carrier, Kristo, the '16 3rd from Stl and a Nyr 2nd for MSL.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
It may mean that St. Louis has a feeling that Callahan will either resign or be traded in a deal for St. Louis and willing to part with picks and/or players allotted towards a callahan trade.

Your right though. Girardi probably is the first domino.

EDIT: Could see St. Louis be interested in Ott if they are losing out on Callahan.

STL never really needed Cally, it was a luxury they could afford but it's moot now.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Could up the value if teams like the Sharks or Kings feel the need to follow suit.

I have to agree here. Buffalo got a great haul. Hopefully it sets the stage for this year to be a seller's market. If the MSL saga dies down until the offseason, I can see one of the California teams paying through the nose for Callahan.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Nice job dagoon...

Is that your guess on the second part or something you've heard?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Don't know if it was mentioned here today, but listening to B&C this morning briefly Boomer managed to mention he still believe the MSL deal goes down, he just thought it would have happened already. So sounds like he can't be so sure anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad