Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kevin Weekes ‏@KevinWeekes 1m
“@TheBigBearZ: @KevinWeekes @BuffaloSabres I think he's getting flipped.”Read my timeline... ;)

#THEFLIP

Yes I'm starting it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Don't know if it was mentioned here today, but listening to B&C this morning briefly Boomer managed to mention he still believe the MSL deal goes down, he just thought it would have happened already. So sounds like he can't be so sure anymore.
What about Vatanen?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I understand that Miller is one of the most consistently good goaltenders out there, and he's having a great season...but is he really worth what St. Louis gave up? A decent goalie, a good roster player, a good prospect and a first and third in a deep draft?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I understand that Miller is one of the most consistently good goaltenders out there, and he's having a great season...but is he really worth what St. Louis gave up? A decent goalie, a good roster player, a good prospect and a first and third in a deep draft?

The big question is, when you have a team like St. Louis, whose system and defensive core are so good that they hardly allow quality scoring chances, how important is having star goalie? So I get your point on that one. But they haven't gotten it done in years past and adding a guy like Moulson isn't guaranteed to help, nor does he fit their system like Ott.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He said the following: "If anyone can find me the current registered address of this Jared Sexton fellow, I'll let them come to a Rangers game with me."
I don't want to go to a game with that rumor-monger.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Just meant as the basis. Would Anaheim even want Cally?

Don't see why not. Their top 6 consists of Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Bonino, Selanne, and that Swedish kid they got for Ryan. Not bad, but they could serve to slot Teemu down to the 3rd line. Callahan fits their aggressive and stifling forechecking team to a T.

Agree. I can't say enough how great of a deal Buffalo got.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

They also got Ott.

Has buff set the record for most captains traded in a short length of time?

*Bob Richards*

Not to mention that its for two UFA's. Guess they're adamant about taking it all this season. That or at least beating the Kings. :D

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
It honestly reads Stewart for Callahan to me...I dont know but what else do we do here with Cally

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
man what a trade...

I wonder how this plays out with Callahan.... The more and more I think about it, I think that Cally just wants out of New York... not sure if it's something with the team, the area, his family, personal matters, etc.... I just don't think he wants to be here, and his asking price is his ticket out...

There's something that we aren't being told, but I think we'll know it soon

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I know picks are lottery tickets but Buffalo has 10 picks combined in the 1st-2nd of 2014 and 2015.

That's insane. On top of the prospect pool they already have.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I know picks are lottery tickets but Buffalo has 10 picks combined in the 1st-2nd of 2014 and 2015.

That's insane. On top of the prospect pool they already have.

they've offloaded 3 star players (not super star players)... that's what happens when you have that kind of talent you can sell...

I actually blame the islanders for that number being so high. why they traded Moulson and 2 picks for Vanek when their offense was already considered elite was stupid. Imagine if the isles went for Ryan Miller... they'd be in the playoff race.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Wait, so how does MSL fit into this now? Because gut feeling is he is gone in a few days ... he wants out and I highly doubt Yzerman let's this boil into the playoffs.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.

Good. Not a huge fan of Stewart. Still holding out hope for MSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese