Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.

Good. Not a huge fan of Stewart. Still holding out hope for MSL.
That would be a good move for Minnesota.

*Bob Richards*

I know picks are lottery tickets but Buffalo has 10 picks combined in the 1st-2nd of 2014 and 2015.

That's insane. On top of the prospect pool they already have.

And they still have guys like Moulson to offer up. It's crazy.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
"The Sabres now possess 10 picks in the first two rounds of the 2014 and 2015 Drafts combined."

wut.

Gonna go out on a limb and say they're gonna be good in a few years.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I know picks are lottery tickets but Buffalo has 10 picks combined in the 1st-2nd of 2014 and 2015.

It sets them up to get the exact players they want in a draft. Can move pieces to go up the draft. Also can trade picks at Draft for players they want. Salary space to add players. If they trade a pick, they have many others. Very good asset management for a team that is out of it completely.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
If the Blues/Sabres trade doesn't have Stewart for Callahan written all over it, I don't know how it gets more obvious. Buffalo needs a captain now, don't they?

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
The way Brooks is portraying things is certainly changing. His latest:

That leaves Ryan Callahan for general manager Glen Sather as the Blueshirts attempt to nail down their captain to an extension that would keep him in a Rangers uniform beyond this season and, more immediately, off the rental market preceding Wednesday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline.
The gap remains substantial between the parties, with Callahan still asking for seven years at more than $6.5 million per and the Rangers offering five years at $6 million a year, a difference of more than $15 million. The Blueshirts, however, are believed to be willing to add a season at their number in order to close the deal.
If Callahan continues to insist on seven years (and/or appreciably more than $6 million per), the Rangers would trade the winger as a rental. Tampa Bay would be a viable destination in a swap for Martin St. Louis, the Blueshirts likely adding a sweetener to the pot if necessary to bring the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner to New York.
The preference, though, is to keep Callahan, just as all along it was to keep Girardi, who was able to get a full no-movement clause for the first three years of his deal and a limited no-trade clause for the final three years of the contract.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/28/girardi-rangers-agree-on-six-year-extension-worth- 33m/

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
man what a trade...

I wonder how this plays out with Callahan.... The more and more I think about it, I think that Cally just wants out of New York... not sure if it's something with the team, the area, his family, personal matters, etc.... I just don't think he wants to be here, and his asking price is his ticket out...

There's something that we aren't being told, but I think we'll know it soon

I think that is very fair ... could be the media is being told the salary is the real reaching point (which is not unfair) BUT ... it just seems that there is something else going on as well. I also wonder if Cally is just so stuck on his fixed price that everything else is moot.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

The Rangers had 11 picks in 04/05 after the 2004 purge. Traded two seconds to trade up in the first, though. Did pretty well too:

2004 Entry 6 1 Al Montoya G
2004 Entry 19 1 Lauri Korpikoski L
2004 Entry 36 2 Darin Olver L
2004 Entry 48 2 Dane Byers L
2004 Entry 51 2 Bruce Graham C
2004 Entry 60 2 Brandon Dubinsky C
2005 Entry 12 1 Marc Staal
2005 Entry 40 2 Mike Sauer
2005 Entry 56 2 Marc-Andre Cliche

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The way Brooks is portraying things is certainly changing. His latest:

That leaves Ryan Callahan for general manager Glen Sather as the Blueshirts attempt to nail down their captain to an extension that would keep him in a Rangers uniform beyond this season and, more immediately, off the rental market preceding Wednesday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline.
The gap remains substantial between the parties, with Callahan still asking for seven years at more than $6.5 million per and the Rangers offering five years at $6 million a year, a difference of more than $15 million. The Blueshirts, however, are believed to be willing to add a season at their number in order to close the deal.
If Callahan continues to insist on seven years (and/or appreciably more than $6 million per), the Rangers would trade the winger as a rental. Tampa Bay would be a viable destination in a swap for Martin St. Louis, the Blueshirts likely adding a sweetener to the pot if necessary to bring the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner to New York.
The preference, though, is to keep Callahan, just as all along it was to keep Girardi, who was able to get a full no-movement clause for the first three years of his deal and a limited no-trade clause for the final three years of the contract.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/28/girardi-rangers-agree-on-six-year-extension-worth- 33m/

From 6:00 pm I believe. I hope they deal him. MSL would do wonders for this team. It would hurt but there is good character in that room.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think that is very fair ... could be the media is being told the salary is the real reaching point (which is not unfair) BUT ... it just seems that there is something else going on as well. I also wonder if Cally is just so stuck on his fixed price that everything else is moot.

Cally also knows this is likely his last big money contract with his style of play. It might just be he wants to get paid as much as possible. I doubt it has anything to do with the team or location.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
From 6:00 pm I believe. I hope they deal him. MSL would do wonders for this team. It would hurt but there is good character in that room.

That is the one good thing, trading Callahan you lose a good leader in the club house but MSL is very well respected to so they almost balance out

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That is the one good thing, trading Callahan you lose a good leader in the club house but MSL is very well respected to so they almost balance out

Well that and I was more talking about Girardi, Staal, Boyle, D.Moore, Richards, McDonagh, and to a lesser extent Nash and Stepan

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
lets stir the pot..

Kristo a healthy scratch..

determined-fumanchu-computer-stare-l.png

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Cally Kristo and a conditional 1st for MSL?

Please. Can we stop offering the future for the old man already. Are we willing to offer so much for a soon to be 39 year old. I don't care what kind of numbers he is putting up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->