Trade Returns - Stone/Duchene/Dzingel

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So..what's the odds of Ryan being swapped for Perreault ($retained by Sens)... gives us a C to replace Duchene

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If Sens ate 2 or 3 million then Ryan becomes a desirable asset. He'd get at least 4.5 on the open market. Teams saw what be did in the playoffs and 50 point guys don't grow on trees.
maybe if the Sens ate 2 or 3 million, but i still dont see teams giving up much value for him.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So..what's the odds of Ryan being swapped for Perreault ($retained by Sens)... gives us a C to replace Duchene

I could see us taking Perrault in a Stone trade if there's an extension in the deal. I don't think the Jets would be able to move Perrault's contract in a regular trade. He's still got two years left at north of 4 million, isn't producing, and is playing the lowest minutes of his career as a Jet. If they extend Stone, they need to get out of that contract.

I can't see them taking Ryan, even with retained salary. It doesn't make sense.

If there's a Stone w/extension trade, we'll take Perrault as a long time veteran to fill out our roster and hope that he has a bounce back 2020 season on a weaker team so that we can move him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick either in the summer of 2020 or at the 2021 trade deadline.

If you're looking for a Ryan money swap trade, I would look towards a swap with Calgary with James Neal. There's probably a way to work that out so that the money situation is better for Ottawa, and the Sens get an asset.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
If either Stone or Duchene go to Nashville, I think we could pry away one of Tolvanen or Fabbro, get a 1st and forgo a roster player.

After Boyle got a 2nd, Dzingle can get us a first.

There are less than 10 stanley cup contenders & half of them don't have their 2019 1st.

With Panarin, Stone, Duchene, Hamilton, Huberdeau, Schenn, Hayes, Kreider, Ferland, Silfverberg, Simmonds, Faulk, E.Staal, Edler, etc .... no one is giving up a 1st for Dzingel.

Reactions: NorthCoast

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
There are less than 10 stanley cup contenders & half of them don't have their 2019 1st.

With Panarin, Stone, Duchene, Hamilton, Huberdeau, Schenn, Hayes, Kreider, Ferland, Silfverberg, Simmonds, Faulk, E.Staal, Edler, etc .... no one is giving up a 1st for Dzingel.

Does it make more sense to target 1sts for next year (not just for Dzingel, but all of them). I seem to recall people saying that 2020 is supposed to be a better draft year, and hell there is a chance we can grab what ends up being a lotto pick instead of what will almost certainly be 16 or later. It isn't like we aren't going to be terrible next year so why not kick the can down the road a year?

Reactions: Daffy

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Does it make more sense to target 1sts for next year (not just for Dzingel, but all of them). I seem to recall people saying that 2020 is supposed to be a better draft year, and hell there is a chance we can grab what ends up being a lotto pick instead of what will almost certainly be 16 or later. It isn't like we aren't going to be terrible next year so why not kick the can down the road a year?

I agree with this. No team should ever give up a first until at least January of that draft year, as they know the proximity of the pick. We're the perfect example of what should have been a pick in the 20's turning into 4th overall.

If we can steal teams' 2020 1sts, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Could be a gold mine.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Eh, Tatar got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, Kane and Stastny got a 1st+, Brassard got a 1st, Hanzal got a 1st,

Dzingel is on pace for significantly more pts than any of them were. If we can find a situation where he'll extend, or where a team will offer up a conditional 1st it's certainly possible to get a 1st. It might not be a 2019 1st, but it's certainly possible.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets fan in peace...

Not sure why Dorion would want to extend any of the UFAs. I think you should be building around Chabot/Tkachuk ( who are too sweet!) and adding 5-8 picks/prospects around their age would go a long way to making the Sens elite in 4-5 years.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Jets fan in peace...

Not sure why Dorion would want to extend any of the UFAs. I think you should be building around Chabot/Tkachuk ( who are too sweet!) and adding 5-8 picks/prospects around their age would go a long way to making the Sens elite in 4-5 years.

You need veterans to mentor young players. They set an example in work ethic, leadership, and help to define a winning culture which is crucial to any successful team.

Have a look at the Oilers for the last 10 years as an example of what happens when you go scorched earth rebuild with no veterans who are actually good at hockey.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
making the Sens elite in 4-5 years.
In addition to @GrantLemons point above, a lot of it has to do with optics. The organization has been bleeding talent. If they cut loose Duchene, Stone AND Dzingel, what does that say about the team's ability to spend, its desire to win or its understanding of the fanbase's issues with the team as a whole? It cuts much deeper than just "smart hockey decision" because the organization hasn't shown much ability to make those smart decisions in recent years. In a vacuum, I'd see your point. But given the state of the franchise, letting all three go will do a lot toward further alienating an already alienated fanbase. If they won't spend to retain Stone, for example – arguably a top right winger in the league with ridiculous work ethic, at an age where he'll still be effective once the rebuild is complete, what does that say about the team's ability to retain talent when Chabot or Tkachuk's ELCs come due?

Reactions: topshelf15

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I actually would not mind losing Tkachuk, he is way too physical/blabby for my taste. It wouldn't look great though, he's actually a fine building block.
We need to keep Stone though, let the gloryseeker Duchene go elsewhere.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I actually would not mind losing Tkachuk, he is way too physical/blabby for my taste. It wouldn't look great though, he's actually a fine building block.
WTH ???You are joking??

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I wonder if Dorion has any self reflection on this. Like how its his job to evaluate where his team is at and the gamble he took that Duchene would want to stay after deciding to take the team way out of any kind of playoff contention

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder if the Stone camp is still undecided, or not quite as definite as Duchene. Has Dorion even gotten around to Dzingel yet.. If the other two go .. might as well try to get a first for Dzingel imo..

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pop quiz, "monkey's paw" style.

Would you rather:

a) sign Ceci to a 3-year $4.75 mil contract and trade Boro for a 4th rounder, or
b) sign Boro to a 3 year $2.75 mil extension and make him the assistant captain, and trade Ceci for a 2nd.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I wonder if Dorion has any self reflection on this. Like how its his job to evaluate where his team is at and the gamble he took that Duchene would want to stay after deciding to take the team way out of any kind of playoff contention

The Sens had already decided they weren’t going to give Turris $7x6 to stay in Ottawa. Turris is hardly worth a second.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

You’re out of your literal mind.....

If serious.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Sens had already decided they weren’t going to give Turris $7x6 to stay in Ottawa. Turris is hardly worth a second.
Samuel Girard, prospect Vladislav Kamenev and a 2018 second-round draft pick last year.
He'd have returned a 1st ++ at the TDL last year.

Not sure the point you are failing to make
More

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad