Trade Returns - Stone/Duchene/Dzingel

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Some other prospects moved at recent deadlines also include Eric Cernak and Jonathan Dahlen (ouch).

If we're talking about Winnipeg specifically, Roslovic is a pipe dream, Niku should absolutely be on the table and Vesalainen is probably the guy PD is after and the guy Chevy is wary of moving.

I know the return will be quantity based, and I know I'm going to be disappointed regardless, but we have to find a way to bring in a better centerpiece than Stanley/Appleton/Lemieux.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Some other prospects moved at recent deadlines also include Eric Cernak and Jonathan Dahlen (ouch).

If we're talking about Winnipeg specifically, Roslovic is a pipe dream, Niku should absolutely be on the table and Vesalainen is probably the guy PD is after and the guy Chevy is wary of moving.

I know the return will be quantity based, and I know I'm going to be disappointed regardless, but we have to find a way to bring in a better centerpiece than Stanley/Appleton/Lemieux.
Getting Stanley would be the Ottawa Senators thing to do. Just terrible :laugh:

GoodGoodnotBad

May 11, 2013
Winnipeg/Ottawa/Moncton

Realistically it's probably my something like a first, lemieux and petan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'd like that too, but I am not convinced Niku is a better centerpiece than anyone other than Stanley

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'd like that too, but I am not convinced Niku is a better centerpiece than anyone other than Stanley

I've probably seen him play twice, so I'm far from an expert on him. The way the Jets fans talk about him he's the best thing since sliced bread though.

I've seen enough of Lemieux and Stanley to know they aren't the answer though :laugh:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So a late first and a couple of meh prospects....Dont ask for nothing from WPG let them offer you something first

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'm not at all interested in Roslovic. I think he's ceiling is a 2nd/3rd line forward, and we already have several of those in the system: White, Norris, Formenton, Chlapik, etc.

Niku is intriguing because of his puck moving skills and his ability to play RD, and Jets fans seem to think he's the second coming. I'm sure they'll do a 180 if he's traded though.

Vesalainen is who I'd be looking to target.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
[mod]

We'll be worse. Arizona has nice weather and players enjoy living there even if they can't win, because of the low pressure, sun and golf. We don't have that.

In Ottawa you get:
• High pressure and scrutiny
• Cold weather and snow for 70% of the season
• A budget team with bad management = zero chance of winning

Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The Winnipeg free press write the player sens interested is Roslovic Niku and Comrie

Here's the exact chunk from the article being referenced....

The NHL trade deadline is Monday, Feb. 25.

Dorion, assistant GM Peter MacTavish and chief scout Jim Clark were all on the press box visitors list. It makes sense the contingent will take in tonight’s AHL game between the Manitoba Moose and Chicago Wolves as well. The Sens and Jets collide Saturday at 6 p.m.

Jets forward Jack Roslovic, slick-skating Moose blue-liner Sami Niku and top goaltending prospect Eric Comrie are presumably among the players being monitored during the group’s stop in the Manitoba capital.

Winnipeg has been doing its own due diligence, with a pair of pro scouts reportedly watching the Senators in Detroit on Thursday.

___

The wording makes it hard to tell if he is speculating, or reporting that he's heard.

It sounds about right as far as a package for a rental Stone goes since they are a bunch of guys who would be the Sens 3rd-5th type choices in terms of who the Senators would actually want. I'd be surprised if we'd get all three along with a 1st and another conditional pick.

If we're getting Comrie, that tells me that Daccord isn't signing here, or that Anderson or Nilsson are on their way out. Even if we move on from Hogberg, Anderson/Nilsson/Comrie/Gustavsson/Daccord doesn't leave any room for upward mobility as the guys below the NHL progress.

If the Senators were to get all three, and those three come with a 1st round pick and a conditional pick, that would be an exceptionally good return for a rental. It wouldn't make up for losing Stone. It would be similar to the Karlsson deal where we obviously got back useful middle of the road pieces, but the trade still sets us back years.

Reactions: topshelf15

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
They way they talk about Roslovic would make you think he is a perennial 90pt center who can play in all situations. It's hilarious.

Roslovic was drafted nearly 4 years ago and is already on pace for 20 points this season. Why would they give up that kind of sure thing for one of the best wingers in the game?

That's ridiculous. Typical Sens main board BS. Next you're going to suggest they throw in Niku and a 2nd.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Here's the exact chunk from the article being referenced....

The NHL trade deadline is Monday, Feb. 25.

Dorion, assistant GM Peter MacTavish and chief scout Jim Clark were all on the press box visitors list. It makes sense the contingent will take in tonight’s AHL game between the Manitoba Moose and Chicago Wolves as well. The Sens and Jets collide Saturday at 6 p.m.

Jets forward Jack Roslovic, slick-skating Moose blue-liner Sami Niku and top goaltending prospect Eric Comrie are presumably among the players being monitored during the group’s stop in the Manitoba capital.

Winnipeg has been doing its own due diligence, with a pair of pro scouts reportedly watching the Senators in Detroit on Thursday.

___

The wording makes it hard to tell if he is speculating, or reporting that he's heard.

It sounds about right as far as a package for a rental Stone goes since they are a bunch of guys who would be the Sens 3rd-5th type choices in terms of who the Senators would actually want. I'd be surprised if we'd get all three along with a 1st and another conditional pick.

If we're getting Comrie, that tells me that Daccord isn't signing here, or that Anderson or Nilsson are on their way out. Even if we move on from Hogberg, Anderson/Nilsson/Comrie/Gustavsson/Daccord doesn't leave any room for upward mobility as the guys below the NHL progress.

If the Senators were to get all three, and those three come with a 1st round pick and a conditional pick, that would be an exceptionally good return for a return. It wouldn't make up for losing Stone. It would be similar to the Karlsson deal where we obviously got back useful middle of the road pieces, but the trade still sets us back years.

No avoiding another set back at this point. I would really like for them to get 1 quality piece for each of Stone and Duchene and none of the names mentioned meet that .. Dorion has put himself in a no win situation here.

Reactions: topshelf15

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They way they talk about Roslovic would make you think he is a perennial 90pt center who can play in all situations. It's hilarious.
golden rule about fanning, fan love their prospects and always think theyre going to be way better than they are

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
No avoiding another set back at this point. I would really like for them to get 1 quality piece for each of Stone and Duchene and none of the names mentioned meet that .. Dorion has put himself in a no win situation here.

If those three names are actually accurate, it makes me think the Senators have tried to use the Karlsson trade as a framework, except maybe an extension will be negotiated prior to the deal. I think a poster a few pages back might have speculated whether Stone has told Dorion that he'd sign with Winnipeg, if that's the case, us not getting 1 big premier asset for Stone makes sense in terms of where our leverage is at.

3 prospects coming out like that makes it sound a lot like the Karl trade, which was "6 Assets" (I need to get that on a t-shirt), and a conditional pick.

Roslovic
Niku
Comrie
2019 Jets 1st (26-31)
2019 Jets 2nd (late in the round)
2020 Jets 1st
Veteran Cap Dump, or Inconsequential NHL depth player (My guess would be Perrault as a cap dump)

for

Stone (extended)
2019 PIT 3rd
Daccord (The rights to him, assuming we're going after Comrie because he won't sign)

In the Karl trade if he signs, we get what is projected to be a late 1st, a high 2nd, and a late 2nd. In this trade we get two late 1sts and a late 2nd, but we give them a 3rd. With us giving them a 3rd, it's not equal but is close.

In the Karl trade we get Tierney/Balcers/Norris, in this trade we get Roslovic/Niku/Comrie. I would say that's a close enough group of prospects/young players in terms of value.

Demelo had almost no value at the time of the trade. I could see us getting a similar piece, or taking back Perrault to help facilitate an extension and hope that with more ice time he could bounce back and turn himself into a positive asset that we could trade for more picks. He's currently not producing, being played very little, and despite being 32 next year has a cap hit north of 4 million for two more seasons.

Not saying I am advocating this. Just that if there is any accuracy to those 3 names, it makes it sound more like we're going for a "six assets" package than a "top prospect, good young player, 1st round pick" type package.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Nothing says opportunity like this

hope-springs-eternal.jpg

Reactions: NB613

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The only crumb of hope that we have is if we trade any of these guys for futures, either first round picks or recently drafted players. This organization has nothing going for it, yet for some reason, our amateur scouting is surprisingly good and competent at their jobs.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Likely not Dobson either :laugh:.. Some Jets fans don't seem to enamored with the completeness of Connors game .. but yah ... would be good if we could though.

Alternatively we could trade

Duchene to Colorado for Ottawa's 1st; Dorion would never do this even if it was on the table
Stone to Florida for Hoffman and switch of 2nd rounders
:laugh:

Glad to see the warmup act for the blundering trades about to be made by the former Sens scout!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I just checked the Manitoba Moose roster and stats. They have a big forward there who has scored 25 goals and 28 assists in 75 games. Looks like a suitable target for Dorion to seek to acquire. :)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kovalchuk and Hossa, with the prospects they brought back being Espisito and Cormier (unless you count Bergfors)

Espisito at the time of the deal is comparable to anyone that Winnipeg has. That package for Hossa is what ottawa should be looking for, for Stone.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I just checked the Manitoba Moose roster and stats. They have a big forward there who has scored 25 goals and 28 assists in 75 games. Looks like a suitable target for Dorion to seek to acquire. :)

Last year's stats? Some 27yo named Logan has 20G this year...otherwise..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->