Trade Returns - Stone/Duchene/Dzingel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
or maybe they are just guessing ... I think most of the guys on there are just as perplexed as most of us fans on how this team is being run
Brad Smyth sure sounded that way. He was in absolute shock nothing has happened with any signing or trading of any of the players on expiring deals.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It will suck to see these guys walk ... but this is a new reality woth younger free agency. The Leafs watched JVR walk and Gardiner will prob walk this summer. The sky isn’t following in Toronto because they realllocate the money and are rising out of a rebuild. The negative attention Ottawa is getting is the typical Toronto bias.
Burner account?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
TSN1200 panel saying we fans would be satisfied if we kept only one of the big UFAs around.

Looks like we're being successfully gaslighted into thinking not keeping both Stone and Duchene is the only satisfying scenario.
At this point i would be shocked if the sens signed any of them. So yeah i dont think they are wrong.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Very different time of year though. Teams are actually competing to win these trades not like in the summer where Karlsson was controlling everything..
Who was the best prospect traded at the past 2 or 3 deadlines? Howden?

Outside of Forsberg, what prospects with a bigger name or value than Norris were moved at a past deadline the past decade or so?

Last edited:

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It will suck to see these guys walk ... but this is a new reality woth younger free agency. The Leafs watched JVR walk and Gardiner will prob walk this summer. The sky isn’t following in Toronto because they realllocate the money and are rising out of a rebuild. The negative attention Ottawa is getting is the typical Toronto bias.

Some good players will have to walk in order to retain/acquire star players (Matthews, Tavares, Nylander Marner, etc.). Sen's star player will walk in order to keep the lights on. Big difference

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

That's the crux in Ottawa...there is no money and as long as Melnyk is the majority owner there will be no money reallocated. I'm fully expecting he is selling a share of the franchise without putting a dollar back not into the front office and not into players. He might raise the CEO compensation as long as he's the one occupying the job.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Outside of Forsberg, what prospects with a bigger name or value than Norris were moved at a past deadline the past decade or so?

None, really. Teams won't give up their best prospect for rentals, maybe not even their second best prospect. We'll get 3/4 on the list and picks.

I mean, when we were competing, would you ever have wanted to trade Chabot for a rental, after his draft year? Absolutely not. It's the same the other way.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
None, really. Teams won't give up their best prospect for rentals, maybe not even their second best prospect. We'll get 3/4 on the list and picks.

I mean, when we were competing, would you ever have wanted to trade Chabot for a rental, after his draft year? Absolutely not. It's the same the other way.
yup wouldnt be surprised if the return for stone is a mix of Petan, Stanley , Appleton

pretty much guys that can't fit on their roster . Now that isn't terrible for all we know Petan could be better in an increased role as he does have good numbers but ya def a risk.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
LMAO

They let JVR walk cause they have Matthews Marner and Nylander

jeezzzusss

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Do you think they’d do Laine for stone+

Because I think they’d be dumb not to

They won't trade Laine. They are trying to win a Cup. And Stone is the exact player needed to get Laine going.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jets trade Kyle Connor + conditional 2020 1st for Mark Stone
on Stone signing

Islanders trade Noah Dobson for Matt Duchene and Ryan Dzingel

Tampa Bay trade 2019 2nd for Cody Ceci 33% retained

Not happy to lose the 3 UFAs but .. much rather this than a bunch of maybe 2nd pairs and maybe 2nd liners

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We aren't getting Connor lol

Likely not Dobson either :laugh:.. Some Jets fans don't seem to enamored with the completeness of Connors game .. but yah ... would be good if we could though.

Alternatively we could trade

Duchene to Colorado for Ottawa's 1st; Dorion would never do this even if it was on the table
Stone to Florida for Hoffman and switch of 2nd rounders
:laugh:

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

How many players as good as Stone and Duchene have been traded at the deadline in the past decade? I think that there is real potential to get something decent here, but then again Dorion.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How many players as good as Stone and Duchene have been traded at the deadline in the past decade? I think that there is real potential to get something decent here, but then again Dorion.
Kovalchuk and Hossa, with the prospects they brought back being Espisito and Cormier (unless you count Bergfors)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why would they want Comrie? Our G prospect ranks are already a little crowded. Maybe they have no hope for signing D'Accord.

I don't get the Comrie thing and I really don't think Niku should be coveted unless he is sure fire #3 material ahead of JBD on the right side or ahead of Wolanin on the left. Depth on D doesn't hurt but .. I would like to see a solid defender that can play on the right side.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't get the Comrie thing and I really don't think Niku should be coveted unless he is sure fire #3 material ahead of JBD on the right side or ahead of Wolanin on the left. Depth on D doesn't hurt but .. I would like to see a solid defender that can play on the right side.
Agreed. Need high end RD prospects if we're talking main pieces for the big guys. I'd rather just take more picks than take prospects like Niku to give us the chance of drafting one or trading for one later.

I don't think too highly of Niku but I definitely haven't seen a ton of him. I've never seen him as a surefire top 4 guy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad