Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Draisaitl and Nurse for Subban
Draisaitl has two 70+ point seasons under his belt at age 23. He's over ppg this season. Edmonton might decline Drai to Subban one on one trade, not to mention adding Nurse. As a base, I like it tho. Put Ekholm and Ellis back together and pair Nurse with Josi.

I'd do Subban + Fiala for Draisaitl + Nurse with value balanced with whatever smaller pieces

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Drai with two 70+ point seasons playing with McDavid mostly. Can he do it away from him? If so then I’d consider it. And do you play him at wing or center?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Draisaitl has two 70+ point seasons under his belt at age 23. He's over ppg this season. Edmonton might decline Drai to Subban one on one trade, not to mention adding Nurse. As a base, I like it tho. Put Ekholm and Ellis back together and pair Nurse with Josi.

I'd do Subban + Fiala for Draisaitl + Nurse with value balanced with whatever smaller pieces
I don't think the oilers would do that either. Edmonton isn't getting rid of those 2 unless it's an overpayment. Something like Draisaitl and nurse for subban fiala, fabbro, a pick would be something they MIGHT accept

Last edited:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Drai with two 70+ point seasons playing with McDavid mostly. Can he do it away from him? If so then I’d consider it. And do you play him at wing or center?
I thought about the position as well and ended up with playing him at wing. While he has slightly better fo% lately, he's also been playing more as a winger than Turris. And he'd take enough faceoffs for how often Turris is thrown away from the circle :laugh: I don't see Lavy playing Turris at 3C, so it would have to be one of them either way, imo.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Forwards
Filip ForsbergRyan JohansenViktor Arvidsson
$6,000,000$8,000,000$4,250,000
Mark StoneKyle TurrisCraig Smith
$9,000,000$6,000,000$4,250,000
Eeli TolvanenCalle JarnkrokRyan Hartman
$894,166$2,000,000$3,000,000
Austin WatsonColton SissonsMikka Salomaki
$1,100,000$1,500,000$750,000
Defense
Roman JosiRyan Ellis
$4,000,000$6,250,000
Mattias EkholmP.K. Subban
$3,750,000$9,000,000
Dan HamhuisYannick Weber
$1,250,000$675,000
Goalies
Pekka RinneJuuse Saros
$5,000,000$1,500,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Scratches
Frederick GaudreauMatt Irwin
$666,666$675,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Trades:
To Ottawa - Kevin Fiala, Dante Fabbro, 2019 1st
To Nashville - Mark Stone (extended, $9,000,000 / 7 years)

To Pittsburgh - Nick Bonino
To Nashville - 2nd round pick

DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: $82,000,000
Cap Hit: $79,510,832
Cap Space: $2,489,168

Preds With Stone - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I would hope Fiala, Fabbro, and a First would garner more than Mark Stone aka Craig Smith.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
That’s too much to give up for a pending UFA but Stone is closer to Forsberg than he is to Smith
He’s having a great year but overall he’s a slightly better Smith IMO

Subban is a top 4 defenseman in the league.

Look what Chia gave up for Larson, or look at the Hamilton trade.
Subban should be in a McDavid trade conversation if we were to be honest. He should never be available.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Draisaitl and Nurse for Subban
Draisatl for Subban might have been on the table circa the days before Draisatl signed his new contract, but now it's maybe more obvious than ever that the Oilers need to keep him. And if anything, Subban's value is probably edging down relative to a year or two ago. I also seem to recall in the weeks before we got Subban that Edmonton was generally considered the likeliest destination for him in the trade rumor mill, but that Chiarelli maybe didn't have that high an opinion of PK, resulting in nothing panning out on that front (fortunately). My gut tells me that there isn't a market there.

I would stick with looking at the futures-for-impending-UFAs type of deals. It's just a matter of finding which impending-UFAs end up on the actual market, and then past that whether any of them are re-signable for us long-term.

Even past Stone and Duchene there are quite a few players out there. Panarin, Pavelski, Eberle, Skinner, Nyquist, Zuccarello, Nelson, Silfverberg, Lee, Simmonds... all summer I was hoping they'd land another scoring winger, and like I was just saying on the Neal thread on the main board, things have really only gone worse for us than I feared on the wings... Arvidsson out, Fiala struggling, Tolvanen not ready... futures-for-scoring winger is a trade I'd like to see. Target the rental market, and then just worry later about whether the player fits for the longer term or not.

Last edited:

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Subban is a top 4 defenseman in the league.

Look what Chia gave up for Larson, or look at the Hamilton trade.
You're right and look at how the rest of the league looks at that trade. You think he's gonna make that mistake again. 29 year old subban<< 23 year old Draisaitl. We'd have to add to subban to get Draisaitl. And adding nurse who they have high hopes on and which is 23 as well. Yea it would have to be an overpayment

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You're right and look at how the rest of the league looks at that trade. You think he's gonna make that mistake again. 29 year old subban<< 23 year old Draisaitl. We'd have to add to subban to get Draisaitl. And adding nurse who they have high hopes on and which is 23 as well. Yea it would have to be an overpayment
Disagree

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Subban is way more valuable to our franchise than the reverse IMO. He is also better at his position. This is about age and forward vs d. Preds should stand pat unless they need to move on from Subban. He has been everything you could want and ask for in the playoffs

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Ok we can agree to disagree. What would a trade look like in your opinion based around subban and Draisaitl

Nevermind I seen the subban for Draisaitl and nurse.... that would never happen
Again I base that off the Hamilton trade. Drai is better than Lindholm but not by much, Hanifin is better than Nurse, IMHO, and Subban is way better than all

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Again I base that off the Hamilton trade. Drai is better than Lindholm but not by much, Hanifin is better than Nurse, IMHO, and Subban is way better than all
Subban is 29 years old and will be declining in the next few years. Draisaitl is 23 years old and has already hit 70 points the last 2 years and has 26 points in 22 games which is proving he's only getting better and we're getting a good young defenseman in nurse who is also 23. Poile would be the gm of the year if he pulled this off. In my opinion preds would need to add a couple more pieces

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
If Turris is out for an extended period of time I'd like to seriously consider moving a lot of Duchene.

Center. Wants to be here. Left handed shot.

Reactions: Gh24

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I've hoped for us to make a move for Duchene for quite some time now. Make it happen, Poile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad