Speculation: Trade Proposals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Edmonton fired Steve Tambellini and replaced him with Craig MacTavish. Scott Howson will have a role in the Oilers front office. Howson joined Edmonton as a pro scout after losing his job in Columbus. MacT spent a lot of time scouting the Rangers approaching the deadline. Howson is big DZ guy. The Oilers need a D. The Rangers need a top young forward.

I would jump for joy if the Rangers could get one of Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, Hall for MDZ. Literally. Jump.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Del Zotto, Girardi (a L-R pair), Boyle, Andersson, Klassen, Columbus 3rd
for
Yak, Oilers 1st, Klefbom, Marancin, Gernat, Pitlick

The DZ Howson craves. Real 1b D on top, Boyle for pivot depth/defense on bottom 6, Andersson a solid prospect; Klassen, one time bust somebody in some post said was half decent chance to make bottom 6 somewhere, or to that effect; a third

Yak, a first overall for that top young F you specify; 1st this year; three really nice tall, mobile D prospects not far away; Pitlick a speedy C who could compete for 4th C soon.

Then do Staal + NY 2013 2nd + Eminger to Carolina
for
Canes 2013 1st + Justin Faulk + Jamie McBain

Carolina gets Staal unification, we get another 1st and two more D pieces

Rangers D
Ls Rs
McDonagh Faulk
Moore McBain
Marancin Stralman
Gernat McIlrath
Gilroy

Our D is younger, we moved contracts for more ELCs and we have 2 picks and a lefty sniper to boot (even though he plays RW)

A 12 player deal followed by a 6 player deal? Other peculiarities--Klassen is not Ranger property. He's on an AHL deal. That's been an off-on topic all season long on the Connecticut Whale thread here. Eminger will be UFA once again this summer. Rangers have already traded this year's 2013 2nd rd. pick.

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
Meh...the only person i'd want from EDM is Hall and im sure that he'd be the last of the big 4 to be moved. Plus a 6 mil cap hit which we cant take on unless we move significant salary back. Im content with our roster and id like to ride it into next season

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Regardless of which D they end up trading (if they trade one at all) the Rangers need an established NHL piece coming back. I can't see them dealing a guy like Girardi or Del Zotto at the draft for a top-10 pick and another future piece.

2nd line forward or 2nd pairing defender, plus a top pick or top prospect, or a swap for a forward of a similar caliber.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Meh...the only person i'd want from EDM is Hall and im sure that he'd be the last of the big 4 to be moved. Plus a 6 mil cap hit which we cant take on unless we move significant salary back. Im content with our roster and id like to ride it into next season

What? Who in their right mind wouldn't want Eberle, RNH or Yakupov on the team?

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
What? Who in their right mind wouldn't want Eberle, RNH or Yakupov on the team?

Let me rephrase that, there good players in their own right, but if were going to give up something of significance for one of the big 4, i'd want it to be for Hall. He fits a positional need for this team where as the other guys we seem to be good for now. Not that i wouldn't want them...id just prefer Hall over everyone else

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Let me rephrase that, there good players in their own right, but if were going to give up something of significance for one of the big 4, i'd want it to be for Hall. He fits a positional need for this team where as the other guys we seem to be good for now. Not that i wouldn't want them...id just prefer Hall over everyone else

I can understand that. However, I think one could argue that RW or center is also a need. With Richards playing himself into a buyout, and most internal options several years away from being reliable top-six centers, I would think that the org would welcome a one-two-punch of Stepan and RNH down the middle.

Also, if Nash-Stepan-Callahan is going to stick, that leaves a hole on the 2nd line RW. As highly as I view Fast, I don't think he's going to fill that role as effectively in the short term as Eberle or Yakupov would.

Which side Nash is going to play ultimately has a lot to do with where the holes are in the forward group. Personally, I think Eberle would be a coup for this team. Great skill, right-handed shot, and has that "clutch factor" that you just can't teach. Yakupov has huge scoring upside as well. Hall, while very talented, plays a game that his body may not be suited for.

Championship*

I'm gonna take off my reality cap and pull on my Bernmeester stocking over my head for a second:

You want bold MacT? I'll give ya bold!

MDZ, Boyle, Kreider, St. Croix, 2014 1st

For

Hall, 2013 1st

/Takes off Bern Stocking

What just happened? I blacked out.

Kershaw

Edmonmton will rightfully so, ask for our best dman, Ryan McDonagh.

I feel so confident that Hall will be a superstar player in the same realm as an Ilya Kovalchuk type. The Rangers will never get one of these young superstar players.

McDonagh + McIlrath + 2014 1rst for Hall + Petry.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hall-Brassard(stop gap)-Callahan
Clowe/Clarkson-Richards(stop gap)-Zuccarello
Powe-Boyle-Asham(entire line is stop gap)

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Petry
Moore-Stralman

If the Rangers are confident in Moore, then they should look to trade one of the LH D guys for help up front, mainly on LW and C.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

A 12 player deal followed by a 6 player deal?
:sueme:
I didn't make 2 separate posts, I for each.

Other peculiarities--Klassen is not Ranger property. He's on an AHL deal. That's been an off-on topic all season long on the Connecticut Whale thread here.
That is entirely bonafide, thank you for bringing to my attention.
Do we have any special dibs to sign and trade, or can he just take any offer?
In any event I will adjust the offer. Again, thank you.

Eminger will be UFA once again this summer.
Correctimundo, further adjustment.

Rangers have already traded this year's 2013 2nd rd. pick.
Yikes. I'll adjust that as well.

All minor revisions.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Edmonmton will rightfully so, ask for our best dman, Ryan McDonagh.

I feel so confident that Hall will be a superstar player in the same realm as an Ilya Kovalchuk type. The Rangers will never get one of these young superstar players.

McDonagh + McIlrath + 2014 1rst for Hall + Petry.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hall-Brassard(stop gap)-Callahan
Clowe/Clarkson-Richards(stop gap)-Zuccarello
Powe-Boyle-Asham(entire line is stop gap)

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Petry
Moore-Stralman

If the Rangers are confident in Moore, then they should look to trade one of the LH D guys for help up front, mainly on LW and C.

I REALLY don't want to trade McDonagh, but I'd do this. I'd prefer if we could get them to take Staal instead, but in the end I'd do it. Hall's only weakness is his injury proneness. His contract is a bargain for what he brings.

I'd switch Zucc and Cally though:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hall-Richards-Zuccarello
Clowe-Brassard-Callahan
Powe-Boyle-Asham

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO TRADE THE BEST PIECES OF OUR TEAM!!! hahah its nuts listening to you guys.. realistically or not we might have to trade one of them but not until we at least negotiate with them and find out where they are contract wise.. its very possibly to KEEP ALL OF THEM and be comfortable with the cap!! i don't see any d going anywhere until at least 14-15' trade deadline.. but the beautiful thing is HOCKEY HAS HAD its HIGHEST RATINGS and revs ever.. even with this bs lockout.. we improved.. 64.3 cap next yr will be at 66-67 the following year (14-15') then after that will prob go up to almost 69 by 15-16'.. if we keep the current crop and not sign crazy UFA deals we'll be mint!!!

sign mcd to a staal contract.. you'll be saving so much over time, bc if staal did a 2yr bridge contract, his AAV would be like 5m..

hags id consider signing to a Okposa contract possbily.. and Stepan id consider long term deal at this point bc over time we'll save.. buyout for richards is eminent, which means we have almost 7m in cap savings, which is plenty to sign hank, cally, girardi and MDZ.. 15 is tricky bc of cap and then staal is UFA, which this next deal he'll get 6m easy.. but we'll be mint!! i dont get why you would want to trade your best asests...

half of you guys are asking to blow up half the team to get players that will ask for just as much $$$ long term.. Plus trading a lot of guys isn't going to help us... we need chemistry if we're going to win anything.. and dont tell me we lack goal scoring bc we've scored a lot of goals since the deadline and our PP just needs to get better, which is the players over thinking then actually coaching!!! we made 2 bold trades in 10ms that nuts!!! we had such a turnover..lock up guys now will help us over time to deal with the cap.. you sign guys younger youll get more value out of them..

our best approach with RFA's is great, but for us to be ok over time, we'll have to sign like the current market does/ask!! we have to change with the ways to keep them.. 2.5m as an example to save for 2yrs is nice, but that next contract you'll have to over pay!!.. if we did what a lot of teams are doing these days dubi would prob still be here playing for a contract around or under 3.5m.. its a risk but its easier to trade or get our of a contract for a younger player then an over paid UFA thats 30s and going downward and fast with higher then hell cap hit..

Last edited:

Kershaw

I REALLY don't want to trade McDonagh, but I'd do this. I'd prefer if we could get them to take Staal instead, but in the end I'd do it. Hall's only weakness is his injury proneness. His contract is a bargain for what he brings.

I'd switch Zucc and Cally though:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Hall-Richards-Zuccarello
Clowe-Brassard-Callahan
Powe-Boyle-Asham

Yup, you made better line suggestions.

Hall can pretty much carry a line on his own puck possession wise. Imagine Zuccarello and Richards with all that offensive zone time.

Championship*

Love MacT saying he's going to be making "bold moves" and then saying "I'm not trading any of the young kids" on TSN right now.

Real bold...

Kershaw

Love MacT saying he's going to be making "bold moves" and then saying "I'm not trading any of the young kids" on TSN right now.

Real bold...

They can dangle their 1rst and Klefbom.

That should get them an impact defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad