Speculation: Trade Proposals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I did not see a thread for trade proposals post trade deadline, so I initiated this. While I wanted this to be as inclusive and flexible for non-rumor specific deals (not those officially tied into an acceptable media source), I thought with all the concern about getting a pick in the upcoming deep draft, we might want to start thinking about swapping assets, especially prospects and lower picks, for draft picks.

So, for example, now that we've added to our backline in the Gaborik deal, do we think of trading Calle Anderson/Anderson+ for a pick? If so, what value do you assign to the combo you suggest.

OR, do you want to suggest trading a vet (a popular example is Marc Staal to Carolina) for cap further relief to upgrade + get a pick, meaning Anderson is likely kept as a 2 year investment.

Or do you suggest a combo vet and prospect deal?

Again, my main focus here is to see if we come up with anything to get into the draft.

And yes, I am aware the deadline has passed, so obviously, these are all not until trading is re-authorized.

Last edited:

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Not a fan of trading Staal, would hate it tbo.

I think its a better idea of move Girardi even though we lack a right handed shot om the blue line even more. Girardi is a warrior and a iron man but Staal is both younger and the better player of them two.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This team is going to need to add to its scoring, likely at the price of a defenseman. I would advise proposing a Staal for Skinner deal, had Skinner done a bit better as of late.

Going into next season, we are going to need another gun offensively. I'm not sure Zuccarello is the answer, to be honest.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
This team is going to need to add to its scoring, likely at the price of a defenseman. I would advise proposing a Staal for Skinner deal, had Skinner done a bit better as of late.

Going into next season, we are going to need another gun offensively. I'm not sure Zuccarello is the answer, to be honest.

yeah push comes to shove one of our d is going to have to be traded to address scoring.. but hopefully kreider can come in and provide that scoring and we could keep everyone.. but if kreider and along with clowe, step, richards, hags, brass all reach 20gs, nash 30+ and callahan around 30ish we'll be solid team.. we have all the depth and scoring needed..

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
yeah push comes to shove one of our d is going to have to be traded to address scoring.. but hopefully kreider can come in and provide that scoring and we could keep everyone.. but if kreider and along with clowe, step, richards, hags, brass all reach 20gs, nash 30+ and callahan around 30ish we'll be solid team.. we have all the depth and scoring needed..

Yeah, I agree. I'd trade Girardi out of him, Staal, McD and MDZ every single time. Staal, McD and MDZ should be the core of the D. Girardi is very nice back there now and he's been nothing but steady for NYR over his career, but he's the most expendable of the four in my opinion and that's not a knock on him so much as it's a complement to the other three guys. I really feel that having Staal and McDonagh at once is a tremendous advantage and we should hold on to the two of them as long as is possible. Having said that, I have no idea how much Girardi would be worth or who would take his spot.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

Indeed. I know the draft will be incredible boring as a Ranger fan but its doesn't make sense for this team to move another core piece for a early pick.

The priority have to be to add a young goal scorer in another mold than Gaborik, if we could get a first round pick as well is more of a bonus.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
This thread is laughable. Let's trade a good prospect for a pick to choose another prospect we don't have. Let's trade Staal and Girardi too. For picks and young players that may add scoring.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
This thread is laughable. Let's trade a good prospect for a pick to choose another prospect we don't have. Let's trade Staal and Girardi too. For picks and young players that may add scoring.

Topics to discuss, don't participate if you find it so "laughable".

Gotta think guys like Pyatt, Bickle, Boyle, might fetch some late round picks. Boyle possibly a second?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't think anyone was proposing trading Staal/Girardi for prospects/picks but more of young Dman for YOung scoring LWer/center.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

....but perhaps one of Kreider, Fast or both will add decent supplemental scoring as next year moves along. I think they should both get plenty of time in Connecticut. So far I've been very impressed with Zuuc and I'm by no means his biggest fan. Guy does have to starting putting pucks in the net though.

alexb

Apr 5, 2013
Norway
remember zuke is a playmaker more then a sniper, if the snipers start scoring the chances the points will come, the chances are there... but ofc his first goal better come soon :)

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The team will evaluate their prospects before the draft. They have a few too many forwards playing in CT. I think they may make a Sanguinetti type trade at the draft to pick up another mid-rounder or two. If that happens, they could bundle a few for a higher pick. But doubtful.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
....but perhaps one of Kreider, Fast or both will add decent supplemental scoring as next year moves along. I think they should both get plenty of time in Connecticut. So far I've been very impressed with Zuuc and I'm by no means his biggest fan. Guy does have to starting putting pucks in the net though.

People counted on this too much last season, and Kreider has not delivered.

I'm high on Fasth and Lindberg personally, but I'm not counting or relying on them coming in and adding enough scoring to make up for some which may be lacking.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Kreider has played 17 NHL regular season games so far...so we have some time here. Better to do this right and not mess it up. I personally do not think he should comeback until Connecticut is completely convinced he's ready. When that time comes, I'm very confident he'll contribute on a regular basis. He's as close to can't fail prospect as the organization has ever had....and for damn good reasons.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I see the team trading the excess forward depth in the pipeline for an NHL ready (or close to it) rd prospect.

I would not trade Andersson for a pick just to keep Bernie entertained during the draft. Calle actually fills a long term need on this team.

McBain was scratched before Tuesday's game and he would have been dealt, and I suspect to the Rangers, if not for Pitkanen getting injured. I'd keep an eye on that situation in the offseason.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wouldn't mess with the D too much and it's a little early anyway. Scoring was a problem--how much of a problem after getting Clowe, Brassard still remains to be seen. I suppose it's to be assumed by many that losing Gaborik is more of a hit than those two combined but to me the offense you need is one more goal than the other team on most nights. Last year's team didn't score a lot either--they just won a lot. You have a great goaltender, a solid defense and forwards who will backcheck and are willing to sacrifice you can do very well.

To me the Rangers need to maintain the d and they need to if anything add more sandpaper and I'm thinking as well that the offense then might take care of itself. We have several prospects that might help with that anyway. The most concerning thing with Kreider is he gets off to slow starts. Right now he's starting to get really comfortable putting up points in the AHL. It's a matter of time before both he and Miller are putting up at least respectable production at the NHL level. Fasth, Thomas, Lindberg and Hrivik are four others that seem at least at this point in time to be NHL bound.

I would not trade any of what I consider core players for outside the top 8 or so picks in any given draft unless we had other issues like a cap situation. It just doesn't make sense unless you're at least partially rebuilding. We have a lot of players in place--we have others developing that can be added in and they are essential anyway just for cap management. We don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money on free agency.

For now I'm fine with 4 lines that you can trust and roll with one elite (Nash) game breaker and a solid defense anchored by Lundqvist, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh and Del Zotto. Hard nosed players like Clowe (if we can keep him) and Dorsett should help. I would like to add another--a player under 30 and a d-man who could run a pwp. Teams that hit and fight a lot are not fun to play against. They tend to pick up points in the standings if only through attrition. We do need a better pwp--what we always seem to be missing since Leetch was moved is a point man who can run the thing.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
No need to trade when Slats will be signing his newest free agent toy in the summer.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'd like to see a trade surrounding either Staal/MDZ and Evander Kane if the Rangers wanted to add a top six LWer. Kane is the type of player that I think would fit in well here with the way he plays.

Kane - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - Brassard - Dorset
UFA/Rook/Powe - Boyle - Ashram

McD - Girardi
MDZ - Stralman
Moore - McI

This is of coarse the Rangers thinking Kreider needs more time in the minors.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The idea that we'll be trading prospects (or players) for picks is ridiculous. This team is going for it now, not in 6 years. If you have a 20-21 year old prospect, you don't move him for a less developed 18 year old.

Let's face it, we are almost certainly not getting a player out of this draft. We don't have a 1st, 2nd, 5th and 7th.

Our picks are #3, #3, #4, #6. We stand about a 70-75% chance of not getting a player in this draft. Good excuse for the team to go for high risk guys. Nobody will blame them if they fail to get a player out of this, but they'd look like geniuses if they pulled a top player out of this.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
At some point, they ARE going to have to trade one of the LHD. I honestly had not thought that it would happen until next year. But playing the Canes tonight makes me wonder...

Let's say Carolina finishes in the lottery (which is looking pretty likely). Let's say they get a pick somewhere in the 3-8 range. I know we all have a lingering concern that Marc will want to join his brothers. He's had a number of serious injuries. He's our highest paid D (at least until the 2014 offseason). We've just added Moore to go with McD, MDZ - and Skjei in the pipeline.

Would it be crazy to think - especially if they do well in this year's POs without him - that they move Marc for say the number 5 pick, McBain and another midrange asset?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
At some point, they ARE going to have to trade one of the LHD. I honestly had not thought that it would happen until next year. But playing the Canes tonight makes me wonder...

Let's say Carolina finishes in the lottery. Let's say they get a pick somewhere in the 3-8 range. I know we all have a lingering concern that Marc will want to join his brothers. He's had a number of serious injuries. He's our highest paid D (at least until the 2014 offseason). We've just added Moore to go with McD, MDZ - and Skjei in the pipeline.

Would it be crazy to think - especially if they do well in this year's POs without him - that they move Marc for say the number 5 pick, McBain and another midrange asset?

No. We are trying to win now. Lol at his "injuries." A deflected puck hit him in the eye, what is supposed to happen in that case? Canes fans want McBain off their team.

NYRCSKA*

Let's say Carolina finishes in the lottery (which is looking pretty likely). Let's say they get a pick somewhere in the 3-8 range. I know we all have a lingering concern that Marc will want to join his brothers. He's had a number of serious injuries. He's our highest paid D (at least until the 2014 offseason). We've just added Moore to go with McD, MDZ - and Skjei in the pipeline.

With Moore in the system, I'd be okay with trading a dman. Especially with Mcilrath coming up. That'd be a good trade IMO, maybe a mid level prospect comes back as well. Also, Haley is our enforcer of the future.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
The idea that we'll be trading prospects (or players) for picks is ridiculous. This team is going for it now, not in 6 years. If you have a 20-21 year old prospect, you don't move him for a less developed 18 year old.

Let's face it, we are almost certainly not getting a player out of this draft. We don't have a 1st, 2nd, 5th and 7th.

Our picks are #3, #3, #4, #6. We stand about a 70-75% chance of not getting a player in this draft. Good excuse for the team to go for high risk guys. Nobody will blame them if they fail to get a player out of this, but they'd look like geniuses if they pulled a top player out of this.

Agreed. Grab some guys that have a high ceiling with a few holes rather than a few safe kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany