Speculation: Trade Proposals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

If memory serves me correct, wasnt that an issue of Pronger liking Edmonton a little too much? Especially the press coverage?

Yeah, I remember reading that his wife wanted a move because he had an affair with a reporter and that the media was pressuring him. Apparently he said the fans threatened to burn baby cribs or something.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Okay, even as an interesting scenario that isn't a proposal, my feelings are the same.
No prob as long as that's clear.

I took the contracts of the NY players and the discount on Weber into account, we just disagree about the importance of the center position in today's NHL. That's fine, we don't need to agree. I'm just sharing my feelings.
:cheers:

Richards is declining quickly.
Yes, but if I got enough value otherwise, I would just as soon let him earn that $$ next year. With great mates, he should have enough in tank for next season.

Brassard is a safe 3C, a gamble at 2C. Miller is an unknown as of yet. Haley/Powe are fine 4Cs. Lindberg is an unknown like Miller.
Complete agree.
Felt the retaining of SW at a 5m cap, and moving 3 guys we'd have to give raises to, was worth living with this temporary but improving picture at pivot.

We need a 1C and a 2C, or at least we need to keep Stepan and get another 1/2 tweener like him. Look at the cup winners in recent history - Kings, Bruins, Blackhawks, Penguins, Red Wings. Which of them had a center corp nearly as weak as Richards, Brassard, Miller/Kredier/Lindber, Haley/Powe? We've got the goalie, we've got good wingers, we've got a deep group of D. Need another 1/2 center.
this scenario is one that sets up the cap space and environment you need to be able to do that.
After next season, you have a strong pitch for Malkin, and if anybody can break this free agent signing curse, ya hope its arguably the best player in the world.

And if not... still have options.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This thread has gone off the rails.

The main thing I don't get is why in the hell would Edmonton give up Hall, Yak, or RNH for MDZ? I'm not even bringing up Eberle because he's so overrated and his contract is pretty terrible.

Not my idea. Closest is MDZ + for Yak.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I disagree. Arguably the best pure shutdown defenseman in the game.

I do think we'd have to add (prob a 1st), but the core value of the deal is there IMO.

Agree he is the best across the board pure shutdown D.
I think the "elite" classification is as to guys like Weber, Doughty, etc. as being multi-faceted great, offense and defense.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
This thread really isn't necessary. If you want to make trade proposals, we have a trade forum.

In the offseason, we will have an offseason thread. For now, this isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad