Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
What would it take to get Mike Green out of Detroit? That is your ideal fit. Someone who can log minutes, play PK and PP.

Mike Green the same Mike Green that plays for Detroit that has the fewest PK minutes of any of the weak D that they have?

I don't see Mike Green as anything more than a glorified Jake Gardiner. We have at least one if not 3 of those already.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Mike Green the same Mike Green that plays for Detroit that has the fewest PK minutes of any of the weak D that they have?

I don't see Mike Green as anything more than a glorified Jake Gardiner. We have at least one if not 3 of those already.
Yeah I've been saying the same. Mike Green is someone you need to play on a pairing that takes on secondary matchups, who can provide quite a bit on the PP for you. That's about as far from a need as this team can get.

Reactions: dubplatepressure

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah I've been saying the same. Mike Green is someone you need to play on a pairing that takes on secondary matchups, who can provide quite a bit on the PP for you. That's about as far from a need as this team can get.
I would prefer Daley from Detroit. Along with Hainsey, another big part of the Cup champs.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

What would be the price - any idea?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think a conversation needs to happen with Marleau. I believe he needs to understand that we have a need at center if we remove Bozak but what this means is we leave Nylander where he is and move Marleau to center. He hasn't looked out of place when there and if it means bettering the team he seems like a team guy to do it. I would rather move Marleau then Nylander to center.

It was out there he hated playing centre in San Jose in their deep playoff run to the Stanley Cup Finals but sucked it up for the team...Nylander is a long term investment who would be here far longer if he did well at centre, it's worth looking at Nylander, Marleau would be a great winger for him.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I would prefer Daley from Detroit. Along with Hainsey, another big part of the Cup champs.

He hasn't been great on what is admittedly a bad team but he's got 2 more years after this one at over 3M a year and is 34 years old already

That scares the hell out of me

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Like it, and may even a good trade partner given SJs need for scoring. They won't want to get worse so we're probably looking at sending a D. Gardiner Braun swap?

A sideways at best move for an older player?

We need to add what we've got on the backend, sideways moves aren't going to cut it

We need to add another top 4 D and anything else is just a pointless waste of assets that won't improve the team enough to make a difference

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I'd like a solid third pairing RD. We should acquire one, but we don't need to break the bank for it. No need to aim as high as Braun or Green for that.

What would be the price - any idea?
I'm the wrong guy to ask, I'm not good with market evaluations. He's regarded as a high-end rental though, so I imagine it won't be cheap.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Like it, and may even a good trade partner given SJs need for scoring. They won't want to get worse so we're probably looking at sending a D. Gardiner Braun swap?
A lot of Sharks fans have agreed to something around our spare parts.

Carrick+Bracco+3rd
Or
sosh + 2nd
Or
Sosh + Bracco + 6th.

Not giving up Gardiner for a lateral move.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd like a solid third pairing RD. We should acquire one, but we don't need to break the bank for it. No need to aim as high as Braun or Green for that.

I'm the wrong guy to ask, I'm not good with market evaluations. He's regarded as a high-end rental though, so I imagine it won't be cheap.

At the moment a major issue is the Gardiner Zaitsev pairing so unless your solid bottom pair RD can sub in for Zaitsev it's just not going to move the needle enough

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Yes "D" are not cheap

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
A lot of Sharks fans have agreed to something around our spare parts.

Carrick+Bracco+3rd
Or
sosh + 2nd
Or
Sosh + Bracco + 6th.

Not giving up Gardiner for a lateral move.

Why not just make it Carrick, Sosh and Bracco :laugh:

That would be a pretty sweet deal for us. Two guys not even in our lineup and a small, even if skilled, winger prospect?

Reactions: my name is Bob

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yes "D" are not cheap

For sure. Being a RHD that can put up points, I'd think Green should fetch a 1st or equivalent prospect at the deadline, if not more. Believe we'll end up adding a rental d-man at some point, but I'd rather not part with that kind of return. Doesn't seem as though it's the ideal fit for us either.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
For sure. Being a RHD that can put up points, I'd think Green should fetch a 1st or equivalent prospect at the deadline, if not more. Believe we'll end up adding a rental d-man at some point, but I'd rather not part with that kind of return. Doesn't seem as though it's the ideal fit for us either.
Not interested in trading a 1st for a rental.
Go out in the 1st round lose the UFAs, the rental, the 1st.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not interested in trading a 1st for a rental.
Go out in the 1st round lose the UFAs, the rental, the 1st.

Agreed. Definitely not interested in trading a 1st at all under our current circumstances. Might be open to it if we had another and were confident in re-signing the player we'd be adding (the Andersen scenario). Not sure we have the expendable piece(s) to land more than a rental though come trade deadline time.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

would getting braun be a upgrade on zaitsev? because if getting braun would strengthen our top4, Zaitsev as the 3rd pair RHD is very solid and strengthen that too.
Rielly-Hainesy
Gardiner-Braun
Borgman-Zaitsev

if of course braun would be considered an upgrade on zaitsev, i know very little about braun

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
would getting braun be a upgrade on zaitsev? because if getting braun would strengthen our top4, Zaitsev as the 3rd pair RHD is very solid and strengthen that too.
Rielly-Hainesy
Gardiner-Braun
Borgman-Zaitsev

if of course braun would be considered an upgrade on zaitsev, i know very little about braun

He's an upgrade in the same way Hainsey was. Not necessarily a better overall player but better at playing the role Rielly/Gardiner need to succeed.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
He's an upgrade in the same way Hainsey was. Not necessarily a better overall player but better at playing the role Rielly/Gardiner need to succeed.

Except Braun is better than Hainsey. Maybe not by miles, but he is. He would probably slot 1RD with Rielly, can't see him 2RD behind Hainsey.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Except Braun is better than Hainsey. Maybe not by miles, but he is. He would probably slot 1RD with Rielly, can't see him 2RD behind Hainsey.
idk man Hainsey fits with Rielly like a glove. That pairing and Anderson are a big reason why we have been able to climb the standings even when our scoring has dropped off. Riellys production and overall offensive output 5 on 5 is much higher this year and i believe Hainsey is a big part of that...Also PP time which gives offensive confidence but Ron undoubtedly plays a big part.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
idk man Hainsey fits with Rielly like a glove. That pairing and Anderson are a big reason why we have been able to climb the standings even when our scoring has dropped off. Riellys production and overall offensive output 5 on 5 is much higher this year and i believe Hainsey is a big part of that...Also PP time which gives offensive confidence but Ron undoubtedly plays a big part.

I do agree Rielly is playing very, very good hockey, and Hainsey has been a fantastic signing. I chuckle at remembering those who were so outraged by the signing ...

Anywyay. We have no basis of comparison as to a Rielly-partner in terms of true top-4 RHD. You may be right - Braun may line up next to Gards on the 2nd pair, depending on how Zait and Borg play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad