Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yup. For a guy as good offensively as Zaitsev is, it's strange he's so bad with the puck.

Gardiner had a mostly great game yesterday, and still managed a 37.5 CF%.

Zaitsev is ruining him.

It feels like Zaitsev is deferring to him (Gardiner) too much, someone has to tell him that he's capable of skating the puck out and to decide to do it sooner because then he just gets pinned to the boards.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It feels like Zaitsev is deferring to him (Gardiner) too much, someone has to tell him that he's capable of skating the puck out and to decide to do it sooner because then he just gets pinned to the boards.

It's a problem that has gone back to last year. I'm just not so sure he has the ability to do that.. And yeah he definitely defers to Jake quite a bit, which in turn makes him look bad more often because he's consistently put in terrible positions.

I'm at the point where I believe we need to trade Zaitsev soon, and cash in on a perceived valuable asset before it crashes and burns.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's a problem that has gone back to last year. I'm just not so sure he has the ability to do that.. And yeah he definitely defers to Jake quite a bit, which in turn makes him look bad more often because he's consistently put in terrible positions.

I'm at the point where I believe we need to trade Zaitsev soon, and cash in on a perceived valuable asset before it crashes and burns.

Don't see anyone taking a guy with 6 more years left on his deal....and don't see Lou doing that so soon. It would be the next GM who would do it I think.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Don't see anyone taking a guy with 6 more years left on his deal....and don't see Lou doing that so soon. It would be the next GM who would do it I think.

I do. A top-4 defenseman, proven great PK player, and proven PP guy? Not to mention he also costs less than 5M. My guess after the big three and Rielly, he's tied with Kadri as our next most valuable asset. Something we absolutely need to cash in on as he hasn't shown any real improvement in his weaknesses.

No, we definitely will not be trading him any time soon..

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
IMO Nylander stayed on the 4th line for the last few games before the Matthews injury more due to the fact the Babs was trying out the Matthews line as our match-up line.
The Kadri line (esp. Leo) have not had much success of late, so Babs was trying out Matthews.

Brown makes more sense to keep with Matthews for that experiment.

No he doesn't.

We have 10 top 9 fwds, one of them is going to play 4th line.

It shouldn't be Nylander.

Does it really matter how he got promoted?

Yes.

I consider it a non-issue at this point, until he finds himself down there again.

It matters because he shouldn't have found himself there in the first place.

Reactions: thewave and Morgs

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
This “10 top 9 forwards” is a pretty big fallacy, it includes Hyman and komarov who are barely top9 forwards if at all. In reality we only have 8 top 9 forwards. Unless Kapanen or leivo play ahead of martin, Moore, Hyman or komarov we won’t have 9 top9 forwards

I agree on Komarov atm, he was obviously still one coming into the season, but pump the brakes on Hyman.

He's not a top line player, but he would be in most teams top 9. 28 pt rookie season, on pace for 39 pts this season, even if he settles in as a 30 pt player, that's still top 9 on most teams in the league.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I believe scoring 9 goals in the last 6 games has really hurt this team. Babcock for some reason has tightened things up and the only thing that has saved us is Andersson. We get 40 shots thrown at us nightly and our goalie has saved us.

I would rather win games 6-2, 6-4 then these one goal low scoring games. Babcock is hurting these players he has taken their skill set away. There is no trade that can help this team. Babcock has got to take his head out of his **** and start letting players do what they do best. Work your D magic with your D core and get Polak out rather then making forwards play overly too much D.

Matthews on a line with Hyman and Brown???

Nylander on 4th line??? Marner on 4th line???

Come on Babcock open your eyes

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I do. A top-4 defenseman, proven great PK player, and proven PP guy? Not to mention he also costs less than 5M. My guess after the big three and Rielly, he's tied with Kadri as our next most valuable asset. Something we absolutely need to cash in on as he hasn't shown any real improvement in his weaknesses.

No, we definitely will not be trading him any time soon..

I am going by memory last year but felt he wasn't so great on the PP, Gardiner was definitely the man there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad