Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Pretty much Jack Johnson for Tyler Bozak is the only thing that works...and Babcock needs to be willing to put Nylander at centre.

I think a conversation needs to happen with Marleau. I believe he needs to understand that we have a need at center if we remove Bozak but what this means is we leave Nylander where he is and move Marleau to center. He hasn't looked out of place when there and if it means bettering the team he seems like a team guy to do it. I would rather move Marleau then Nylander to center.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Jack Johnson and Ryan McDonaugh are solid trade targets.

JVR's 'soaring' season during his final year.... to me it's just more of an incentive to steer clear. We can't be signing players at peak value to term at those rates.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would rather expand a trade to get McDonagh. Send them Bozak, 1st, Leivo, and Carrick. Should be enough to get it done.

Except the whole reason they would want Bozak is the same reason they want to keep McDonagh.

So it would not be enough for them.

If they are willing to give us a 1st or 2 2nd's, then there is a deal to be had. Even if we need to take back Holden or retain on Bozak or something of that nature. They just need to pay up with futures and we would consider it, but it would have to be enough for us to send someone who could help us with a playoff run to an Eastern Conference team also making a playoff run for assets that directly will not help us with a playoff run.

Reactions: ToneDog

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I would rather expand a trade to get McDonagh. Send them Bozak, 1st, Leivo, and Carrick. Should be enough to get it done.
Funny way to spell Nylander. Because for McD, that's what it would cost. Not 3 quarters for a dollar. Plus the Rangers are in the playoff hunt now. Doubt they want to add UFA Bozak and get rid of the no. 1 D. Seems kind of foolish.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
the rangers scouted the leafs for the 3rd time last night, they are after C's. bozak to the rangers

Does not even need to be Bozak. If they are interested in lesser pieces that we are willing to part with, I would not be against opening up some log jams and getting some futures.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think a conversation needs to happen with Marleau. I believe he needs to understand that we have a need at center if we remove Bozak but what this means is we leave Nylander where he is and move Marleau to center. He hasn't looked out of place when there and if it means bettering the team he seems like a team guy to do it. I would rather move Marleau then Nylander to center.

I don't know if that's about Marleau, at least in the sense of him not wanting to play C. He's certainly fared well when there, but I think him primarily playing wing is about making the best use of our multi-year investment in him, as centre is more tasking. I think he's been there more than Nylander has this season because he's the vet and can better handle the brief transitions. IMO, if we needed a longer term answer at C - like trading Bozak would necessitate - I think we'd ultimately go with Nylander over Marleau, if those were the options.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Do you start building a war chest for Erik Karlsson?

I think the cost of trading for him (especially with so little time left on his contract) would outweigh any benefit of signing him. The price would be absurd

He (and Doughty) are guys you take a hard run at if they make it to free agency though.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
What would it take to get Mike Green out of Detroit? That is your ideal fit. Someone who can log minutes, play PK and PP.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
OEL for Nylander would be a disaster.

Agreed. Nylander is part of our future. Until the Leafs know for sure what they have in Llijgren, Dermott and to a lesser extent Reilly. There is no need to overpay with our forward depth for a dman that may be no better then what we already have.

Last thing we want to become is the Edmonton Oilers where we trade away all of our offence and become a one line team. And are still searching for D.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
not that it will happen, but you'd have to think long and hard on not making that deal if he's extended. Getting a stud on the D won't come cheap.

I agree he won't come cheap, which is why I have no interest in the player. It would be rare circumstance where I would trade a forward who has 2C potential for a declining D.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
For who ? Seriously OEL is not chopped liver and Nylander isn't exactly lighting it up. I wouldn't call it a disaster for either team.

How many Coyotes games have you watched this year? I've watched at least ten. He's been awful in most of them. Ironically he played well against us, which is probably why you think he's great. I recommend Rogers NHL Live, it'll give you better insight into players and their true value today.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How many Coyotes games have you watched this year? I've watched at least ten. He's been awful in most of them. Ironically he played well against us, which is probably why you think he's great. I recommend Gamecentre, it'll give you better insight into players and their true value today.

If you say so. Perhaps a change of scenery might do him good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad