Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I don't want Drouin as a C, never have. And while I don't really care for Galchenyuk, my statement was more tongue-in-cheek based on what the organization thinks of him.

I'd love to have Drouin at C if he could handle playing it. That would help out tremendously.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you trade AG for JT the trade must happens before the season starts so it's for 1 complete season. Once the season started there's no way you trade AG for Tavares unless AG really struggle a lot.

If they are trading Galchenyuk or say Pac for JT, it would be done imo based on the Habs having permission to talk to JT and having the frame work of a 7 or 8 year deal in place imo.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If they are trading Galchenyuk or say Pac for JT, it would be done imo based on the Habs having permission to talk to JT and having the frame work of a 7 or 8 year deal in place imo.

Is that allowed? Sign and trade is one thing , but can signed players negotiate with other teams? (Serious question)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Someone connected to the team last night at the rink ( thibeault gm ) in Sherbrooke.

His comments were very clear. Everyone will soon understand why he couldn't sign Markov and Rads.

Thanks for the post.

Hopefully it is something big and soon.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
You would be ok to lose AG for a partial season of Tavares?

Drouin - Tavares - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Danault - Lekhonen
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
DLR - Mitchell - Hemsky

? - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

Price

Does this look like a contender?

I think it could potentially be awful if Tavares doesn't re-sign.

It's a heck of a lot closer with Tavares than it is with Galchenyuk. The problem is that it would likely cost Galchenyuk +++ to get Tavares, at which point you have to think of the long term health of the club.

If I had the chance to get a guy like Tavares for Galchenyuk straight up, I'd do it every time. It is a gamble worth taking because you get a full year to negotiate with him. Given our inability to find a #1C, I'd take the risk.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Trading Galchenyuk for Tavares without a deal/agreement in place would be really dumb.

Doesn't matter. NYI aren't going to do that unless Tavares demands a trade and says he'll only go to MTL. 15 other teams would top that offer, even with the risk of him walking.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Doesn't matter. NYI aren't going to do that unless Tavares demands a trade and says he'll only go to MTL. 15 other teams would top that offer, even with the risk of him walking.

Isles are in a tough position...the longer they wait, the less they'd get in a trade for Tavares.

Of course, this is assuming that he doesn't want to re-sign in Brooklyn. Which I'm not convinced he doesn't want too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Trading Galchenyuk for Tavares without a deal/agreement in place would be really dumb.

No, it really wouldn't. Trading a guy that was on the 4th line for the playoffs (right or wrong) for a Top 5 centre in the world is not dumb. Need I remind people that Galchenyuk only signed a 3 year extension. 1 year of Tavares is > 3 years of Galchenyuk when you throw in the fact you can still negotiate with him and offer the extra year. At least Tavares can push the team into a contender. The same certainly can't be said about Alex.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Only player we have that is tradable that could hope to land Tavares in a package is Patches. Chucky not nearly proven enough and Patch is a local boy.

Patch+ for JT

Then Weber Captain, JT Alternate and Gally Alternate.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
Only player we have that is tradable that could hope to land Tavares in a package is Patches. Chucky not nearly proven enough and Patch is a local boy.

Patch+ for JT

Then Weber Captain, JT Alternate and Gally Alternate.

Max is not going anywhere, and JT is not who the Habs are going to make a move on.
Think out west. :0

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Max is not going anywhere, and JT is not who the Habs are going to make a move on.

John Tavares isn't going anywhere for sure, the whole thing reeks of the Stamkos contract season where everyone was wetting themselves for 8 months and then he signed with Tampa big surprise.

Pacioretty for Nugent-Hopkins would be a terrible, terrible, terrible trade please tell me that's not it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
John Tavares isn't going anywhere for sure, the whole thing reeks of the Stamkos contract season where everyone was wetting themselves for 8 months and then he signed with Tampa big surprise.

Pacioretty for Nugent-Hopkins would be a terrible, terrible, terrible trade please tell me that's not it.

I could entertain Patch for Duchene but yeah Patch for RNH would be terribad.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I could entertain Patch for Duchene but yeah Patch for RNH would be terribad.

I don't know man. I might be the minority but I really like Patch, I've liked his whole career, I like the player and his demeanor. And the Chara hit and his come back was a new piece of incredible history in a club that has a hard time making new history.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada

Out west, I don't know about his availability and cost, but I think big ol' canadian boy Jeff Carter is kind of Bergevin's type of guy.

32 years old, 5.27M for next 5 years.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Out west, I don't know about his availability and cost, but I think big ol' canadian boy Jeff Carter is kind of Bergevin's type of guy.

He'd be a great fit with Drouin for sure.

Oct 22, 2012

Definitely, great value. Which means we'd have to give up value so that's what, Pacioretty ++???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad