Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
And yet Genius managed to lose not one but BOTH including a 20 year habs for life veteran. Instead Genius will be going into the season with nearly 9M in cap space. Something that has not happened since the Rejean Houle days. But it's ok because being a GM is hard. Clearly doctors and rocket scientsist chose the wrong profession because even they get paid less than little 'ol bargainbin to do his impossible job.

... cap space wasn't a thing until 2005... way after Houle was gone.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
If nothing is available at a good price for Bergevin, why not use that cap to acquire assets from team that needs cap space like Detroit, Minnesota ?

Bad contracts with picks and prospects.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If nothing is available at a good price for Bergevin, why not use that cap to acquire assets from team that needs cap space like Detroit, Minnesota ?

Bad contracts with picks and prospects.

Because those bad contracts have term?

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
never mind.

Hey Tink, I don't know where my post has been thrown (!?) but I posted a comment about what you shared with us yesterday. I think it's very interesting and I wonder if you could give us more details about the conversation you had. Thanks!

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Hey Tink, I don't know where my post has been thrown (!?) but I posted a comment about what you shared with us yesterday. I think it's very interesting and I wonder if you could give us more details about the conversation you had. Thanks!

(MOD)

I've been racking my brains around that myself, typical Bergevin = something you didn't see coming despite all the laughter around Expect the Unexpected...

He loves beefing up the D; maybe he does think we're all good up front (god help us), and is looking to trade some of the extra D we have + picks + whatever else a team who could spare a top pairing D would need.

Fowler doesn't have a NTC/NMC, no term left / due for a raise, he can play top pairing and Ducks are fat on D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I've been racking my brains around that myself, typical Bergevin = something you didn't see coming despite all the laughter around Expect the Unexpected...

He loves beefing up the D; maybe he does think we're all good up front (god help us), and is looking to trade some of the extra D we have + picks + whatever else a team who could spare a top pairing D would need.

Fowler doesn't have a NTC/NMC, no term left / due for a raise, he can play top pairing and Ducks are fat on D.

Fowler just signed an extension....

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Fowler just signed an extension....

Nevermind then, my bad. There's probably other top pairing Ds in his sights, I can't put my finger on it though.

I've almost given up on MB acquiring a top 6 C, it's just too hard to build a case as to why some of those teams would trade with us. Not huge on Nuge.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada

I think Bergevin will want to know what he has in Jerabek before thinking about adding a LD. If he turns well, it puts the Habs in a more than ideal situation. It allows you to keep interesting cap space and give you a new good valuable player for free. You can even include him in a package later in the season to bring a better LD if needed and save other assets. It opens so many options if he does well.

I think, like many here, that the focus is really on center.
Since last season trade deadline period, I believe Habs try to trade Galchenyuk for a more proven C. I still think it's just a matter of time before it happens. Of course I'm not against keeping him on wing if Habs can find another way to land the right player, but my feeling always bring me back to AG as the most interesting and probable trade asset.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I'd try to pry something out of Detroit, they're over the cap and might cut loose a couple of players. I'm not sure what value you'd put on Zetterberg, but he'd be the obvious target. If he's traded, the Wings get under the cap, have money to sign Athanasiou, and would get a solid return.

How about something along the lines of:

To Montreal: Henrik Zetterberg

To Detroit: 2018 1st Round Pick, 2019 2nd Round Pick, Nikita Scherbak

Habs 2017-2018 Lineup

Pacioretty - Zetterberg - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Hemsky

____ - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

Price
Montoya

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Mike Green and picks for Davidson ?

Green is an RD and to be honest it doesn't seem like Holland is even trying to rebuild or something... He signed Daley this summer, he's trying to compete IMO.

He'll go for it and if they are out of the PO he'll trade Green at the TDL instead of losing assets just to get rid of him.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Nevermind then, my bad. There's probably other top pairing Ds in his sights, I can't put my finger on it though.

I've almost given up on MB acquiring a top 6 C, it's just too hard to build a case as to why some of those teams would trade with us. Not huge on Nuge.

I think MB just did acquire a top 6 C....we'll see.
As for a top D...i would be looking at the Canes.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I think MB just did acquire a top 6 C....we'll see.
As for a top D...i would be looking at the Canes.

I know I shouldn't put much stock into it but didn't Drouin say to RDS he was "not really good at centre" in one of the interviews that followed the trade? I doubt Clod wants a frustrated/disgruntled Drouin on his top line, or maybe he doesn't care I don't know.

Aren't the Canes about to make a push to make the PO? You're talking about Hanifin?

I can't see what they'd want from us... Lehkonen? Lindgren? Both?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I know I shouldn't put much stock into it but didn't Drouin say to RDS he was "not really good at centre" in one of the interviews that followed the trade? I doubt Clod wants a frustrated/disgruntled Drouin on his top line, or maybe he doesn't care I don't know.

Aren't the Canes about to make a push to make the PO? You're talking about Hanifin?

He never said that, he said he doesn't care and he'll play whatever the coach asks him to play.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
He never said that, he said he doesn't care and he'll play whatever the coach asks him to play.

I thought I had heard that in the 'incognito' series of fan interviews he was doing on the street downtown MTL but I just rewatched it and it cuts out after the one fan asks him "au centre ou a l'aile?"... thought he had responded to that, must have dreamt it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Hanifin is an option of course....but apparently the Canes are ready to sacrifice one of their young D for some offensive punch.

For Drouin:

The Lightning returned Drouin to junior to play center in 13-14, yet they have never played him at center in the NHL.

Drouin played center at the midget level but spent 18 months on Nathan MacKinnon's left wing in Halifax leading up to both players' draft year. Upon arriving at Tampa camp in 2013, Drouin was asked to return to center. He wasn't given a nine-game NHL trial, and Yzerman returned him to the QMJHL with the assignment of playing center for a year. In theory, it was a perfectly good idea, as Drouin was a pivot most of his life and had natural playmaking skills.

Apparently Drouin didn't took too well to spend a year practice/play/get better at center in the minor and wasn't given a spot at center once in the NHL....

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Some avs fans are ready to take galchenyuk straight up for Duchene. We know how Bergevin loves his 1 for 1 deals...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Oliver Ekman-Larsson for Alex Galchenyuk. OEL is under contract for the next 2 seasons at the reasonable price of 5.5 cap space. LD is the biggest issue of the team, just a little less important than finding a number one center with all that cap space heaven. Galchenyuk would blossom in Pheonix playing with talented playmakers like Domi. Meanwhile, OEL is top 10 in the league in the eyes of the analysts. Phoenix might fear he signs elsewhere as a UFA or fall in love with Chucky's dangles, his shot release, and the power of it all. Just like Subban as a young player, Chucky lacks accuracy. Subban improved his shot accuracy, Chucky probably will.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Oliver Ekman-Larsson for Galchenyuk. OEL is under contract for the next 2 seasons at the reasonable price of 5.5 cap space. LD is the biggest issue of the team, just a little less important than finding a number one center with all that cap space heaven. Galchenyuk would blossom in Pheonix playing with talented playmakers like Domi. OEL is top 10D in the league, but Pheonix might fear he signs elsewhere.

Chayka does not even pick up the phone with that offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad