Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Fair enough on the compensation aspect, you'd have to drop it below 5.8M because a first and third would be fair for AA. Mark my words this guy is going to make you jealous wherever he plays.

I would throw 5-ish at this guy, especially if he can play center. I would be okay with giving away a first and a third. He would change the complexion of the team. This would be a pretty fast and deep forward corps, especially in a few years when the likes of Poehling and Ikonen graduate to the NHL.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Did I check whos getting 6 million, yeah, Tomas Plekanecs.

He had 60 pts that past season in a two way role and was going to be UFA

And your guy?

Duchesne is too has 6m... Don t tell me your guy is at the same level...

And how maybe better very good get less... Drouin, arvidsson, galchy, etc.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Don't think we can offersheet Athanasiou, but I would certainly want MB to try and get him. I actually didn't know he was listed as a C, but that just makes him an even better asset to have. We need goal scoring and that is the main element he brings to the table. He would easily fit in on the third line for now (even as a winger) and can play up if needed to. Imagine having him and Byron on the third line and/or on the PK? If we're able to groom him to become a C, then even better.

I know the need is to get a high-end C or a high-end LD, but I'd definitely wouldn't mind if we can add Athanasiou to our roster without giving up much.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
Someone connected to the team last night at the rink ( thibeault gm ) in Sherbrooke.

His comments were very clear. Everyone will soon understand why he couldn't sign Markov and Rads.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Someone connected to the team last night at the rink ( thibeault gm ) in Sherbrooke.

His comments were very clear. Everyone will soon understand why he couldn't sign Markov and Rads.

Is it because they would be dead cap wise in 2018-19?

As it is now, MB has $17M for eight players in 2018-19. With a Radulov and Markov contract extending past this year, it would leave $6M for six players. That's what comes with a $10.5M contract for Price.

... or maybe, he is trying to get Subban back to change the HF boards Subban vs Weber discussions to Weber and Subban. Maybe ...

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Should be interesting. I know there has been a lot of talk about GM's saying they can make move at the moment but are waiting for other things to develop. I have read this a few times in several articles. Truth? or is it just the normal reporters trying to create a story for people to read?

But yes, I am sure Bergevin in working very hard to acquire more pieces with the cap space we have. But I'm not sold at this being the reason why we didn't give $/term to Radulov and Markov. I think he played hard ball because of the risks involved.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is it because they would be dead cap wise in 2010-19?

As it is now, MB has $17M for eight players in 2018-19. With a Radulov and Markov contract extending past this year, it would leave $6M for six players. That's what comes with a $10.5M contract for Price.

Just my guess ...

The problem in not the 2018-2019 season. We only have to sign Danault and others can be let go making room for younger and cheaper players. The real problems start in the 2019-2020 season when Lehkonen, Byron, and Patch need new contracts. However, by that time, what will the Salary cap be? $80M? Lots of moving parts and hard to predict but I do believe we have room for one more impact player moving forward.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

The Benoit Brunet prophecy, v2.0.

I'll start to drink when the insiders start to warm up to the idea of MB making a major move... please don't be Zetterberg or RNH, I'd take Carter, Giroux or Staal over either one...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Benoit Brunet prophecy, v2.0.

I'll start to drink when the insiders start to warm up to the idea of MB making a major move... please don't be Zetterberg or RNH, I'd take Carter, Giroux or Staal over either one...

If it has taken this long... Maybe Tavares? Dreaming but dam that would be sweet! Another move I would make would be Gallagher/Pleky for RNH. That seems to fit for both teams. Oilers need cap space starting next year and could use help on RW with a great AAV contract while also acquiring Pleky who can play 3C for one more year. Habs acquire a top 2 center. I'm not huge on RNH but were not getting out of this hole we have been at center very easily when we continue to draft 20+. Got to start somewhere. Just imagine... we then would have about $10M in cap space after that trade! :laugh: :sarcasm:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
If it has taken this long... Maybe Tavares? Dreaming but dam that would be sweet! Another move I would make would be Gallagher/Pleky for RNH. That seems to fit for both teams. Oilers need cap space starting next year and could use help on RW with a great AAV contract while also acquiring Pleky who can play 3C for one more year. Habs acquire a top 2 center. I'm not huge on RNH but were not getting out of this hole we have been at center very easily. Got to start somewhere. Just imagine... we then would have about $10M in cap space after that trade! :laugh:

-My opinion is that RNH gets pushed off the puck too easily for the type of matchups he'd get alternating 1C/2C slots with Chucky, might be very frustrating to watch;
-I'm not too sure EDM is keen on dealing with MTL after the rumored back and forth to move Subban last year, may have soured their relationship within the good ol' boys club;
-I don't think Gallagher is ever leaving MTL; and
-Unfortunately other teams have more palatable assets for Mr. Snow to look at in terms of not losing Tavares for absolutely nothing... I can't even guess what the return for an extended Tavares (6-7 yrs) would be. We don't have a few Sergachev type prospects to throw at NYI for consideration, ergo we're *******.

If MB gets JT I think it would be as-is i.e. no extension and risk of losing him to FA... Snow would ask for hometown boy Pacioretty and good prospects or U25 gamers. Still far fetched in my opinion.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
-My opinion is that RNH gets pushed off the puck too easily for the type of matchups he'd get alternating 1C/2C slots with Chucky, might be very frustrating to watch;
-I'm not too sure EDM is keen on dealing with MTL after the rumored back and forth to move Subban last year, may have soured their relationship within the good ol' boys club;
-I don't think Gallagher is ever leaving MTL; and
-Unfortunately other teams have more palatable assets for Mr. Snow to look at in terms of not losing Tavares for absolutely nothing... I can't even guess what the return for an extended Tavares (6-7 yrs) would be. We don't have a few Sergachev type prospects to throw at NYI for consideration, ergo we're *******.

If MB gets JT I think it would be as-is i.e. no extension and risk of losing him to FA... Snow would ask for hometown boy Pacioretty and good prospects or U25 gamers. Still far fetched in my opinion.

- I agree with RNH. Buyer be ware and I'm not huge on him. However, I would trade Gallagher and Pleky for him in a heartbeat! We need to add top 2 centers and they are not readily available.

- As far as Tavares. Think Shattenkirk (but worse). Tavares decides who he plays for, not the Islanders. The Islanders have little power here as Tavares has a NMC this year and decides who he signs a long term deal with. If it's not with the Islanders, the Islanders are forced to negotiate with the team Tavares chooses or they lose him for nothing. This trade value is affected by circumstance! It all starts with who Tavares wants to play for!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Its not a rumor, I truly don't care what you believe to be honest. I am just sharing on a hockey discussion board. Take it or leave it, your choice.

Thank you for sharing...it's interesting if nothing else.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
- I agree with RNH. Buyer be ware and I'm not huge on him. However, I would trade Gallagher and Pleky for him in a heartbeat!

- As far as Tavares. Think Shattenkirk (but worse). Tavares decides who he plays for, not the Islanders. The Islanders have little power here as Tavares has a NMC this year and decides who he signs a long term deal with. If it's not with the Islanders, the Islanders are forced to negotiate with the team Tavares chooses or they lose him for nothing. This trade value is affected by circumstance! It all starts with who Tavares wants to play for!

I would think that if JT decided to force Snow to negotiate with a given team, it would be NSH or TOR before it is MTL. Of course I'm not psychic but the man is from the GTA, is known to be great friends with PK and if I'm not mistaken both teams should have the cap space to make it work. If the Leafs trade Nylander for a top pairing D and get JT on the cheap based on this potential position of weakness you say Snow could find himself in, we're all doomed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Its not a rumor, I truly don't care what you believe to be honest. I am just sharing on a hockey discussion board. Take it or leave it, your choice.

Some people just want to use any opportunity they get to throw Bergevin under the bus. I also will say... thanks for sharing and you are 100% correct. It's a hockey discussion board.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
I would think that if JT decided to force Snow to negotiate with a given team, it would be NSH or TOR before it is MTL. Of course I'm not psychic but the man is from the GTA, is known to be great friends with PK and if I'm not mistaken both teams should have the cap space to make it work. If the Leafs trade Nylander for a top pairing D and get JT on the cheap based on this potential position of weakness you say Snow could find himself in, we're all doomed.

You think JT will play second center behind Mathews ? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. And no they couldn't afford him. Unless the plan in TO is to have NO defensmmen and only play with forwards

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Not sure I agree that the Habs would be left out the picture. Tavares knows that if he is added to the Habs core, he makes us a legit Stanley Cup contender and that is what he is looking for. There is no reason to believe we don't have an equal shot at acquiring him vs the Preds and Leafs IMO. Especially with Price and Weber!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You think JT will play second center behind Mathews ? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. And no they couldn't afford him. Unless the plan in TO is to have NO defensmmen and only play with forwards

I agree and was going to say the same. I'm not 100% sold the Leafs are a good fit with the depth they already have at center. But I think it's a possibility. Hard to say who the Leafs would trade to acquire and what their cap situation looks like in future years. At least with the Habs, we have most of our current core locked up for a few years and we do have cap space today. If the Leafs got Tavares, just imagine what that D looks like and if they have any cap space to improve it moving forward!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well I hope Tink is right but we've seen that type of rumour before.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
Well I hope Tink is right but we've seen that type of rumour before.

It's ok, i am not looking for any kind of credit. I am just sharing information that someone who is involved with the Habs told us last night at the rink. He is a really nice guy, amazing father and played in the NHL. I will not give his name, even if this is true.

The logic had me thinking he can't be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad