Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I would think that if JT decided to force Snow to negotiate with a given team, it would be NSH or TOR before it is MTL.

I don't know about that. The 3 keys to a cup is a 1st goalie, a 1st dman and a 1st center. Mtl got two of those pieces. If JT legitimately thinks he himself is an elite players then i don't see why he would not want to come here.

One thing is sure if NYI can't extend JT this summer then they should trade him before the season even starts. The longer they wait the less value he'll have.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I guess thinking of a JT/Matthews 1-2 punch similar to Sid/Geno or McD/Drai is blasphemy lol... I did mention they'd trade Nylander for a top pairing D though. All good, maybe the Habs are a possibility after all - as long as those plans to get a new arena are still dragging, there's hope for a disgruntled JT to set off the chain reaction.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Gallagher for RNH swap makes too much sense not to be seriously considered.

Oct 22, 2012
It's ok, i am not looking for any kind of credit. I am just sharing information that someone who is involved with the Habs told us last night at the rink. He is a really nice guy, amazing father and played in the NHL. I will not give his name, even if this is true.

The logic had me thinking he can't be wrong.

Man, this is exactly what I didn't need today. I've got a lot of work to do, but now I'm going to be refreshing twitter like a mad man.

Does the guys name rhyme with Schmonald Schmaudette?

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
2- 1st Round Picks
Alex Galchenyuk
Max Pacioretty

for

John Tavares
Robin Salo

On condition JT signs a 8 year extension

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Well I hope Tink is right but we've seen that type of rumour before.

We all hope it true... But it's not credible.

He said: "...Everyone will soon understand why he couldn't sign Markov and Radulov."

But that's not true, MB tried to sign them, he even matched Radulov's contract.

Let say we sign Radulov for 6.25M. 9 - 6.25 = 2.75

2.75 for Markov :help:

He could not sign Radulov and Markov because he signed Alzner, not because a trade is coming.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

He said: "...Everyone will soon understand why he couldn't sign Markov and Radulov."

He could not sign Radulov and Markov because he signed Alzner, not because a trade is coming.

This post makes wayyyyy too much sense. Man you gonna inject some pink colored kool-aid to your life.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gallagher for RNH swap makes too much sense not to be seriously considered.

Agreed. Try to find someone else on RW with a very good AAV like Gallagher in the league? It does fit! When you throw in one year of Pleky as a 3C for the Oilers, it makes even more sense. I find it ironic that we address our top 2 center needs and walk out with even more cap space than we have now!

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I don't know about that. The 3 keys to a cup is a 1st goalie, a 1st dman and a 1st center. Mtl got two of those pieces. If JT legitimately thinks he himself is an elite players then i don't see why he would not want to come here.

One thing is sure if NYI can't extend JT this summer then they should trade him before the season even starts. The longer they wait the less value he'll have.

People don't realize how important goaltending and defense is.

LA had Quick/Doughty/Kopitar - Pens Fleury/Letang/Crosby+ - Chi Crawford/Keith/Kane/Toews

Andersen is not in the league of those three goalies. Rielly though good isn't in leauge with any of those names either.

Sure their young guns are entertaining and Matthews is the real deal. But so is Eichel you don't see them winning yet either do you?

I can see this being a back to earth year for the Leafs who will be more heavily scouted and taken seriously. Not saying they don't push for division or playoff just that that fanbase needs to temper expectations.

Price/Weber/Tavares does have elite at every important position. Montreal would be a legit cup contender with Tavares, but with Danault they remain pretenders and RNH doesn't remedy that either.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
I think if JT decides to go elsewhere, the Habs are on top of his list. It's the perfect match.

Having signed Radulov and Markov (1year) wouldn't have blocked that.

Tavares makes 5.5M actually, and to get him you at least start with a Galchenyuk who makes 4.9M.

It's the final year of Plekanec's contract. So minus Plekanec (6M), Markov (4 to 6M), there is your JT extension money.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)

No problem, you are totally entitled to your opinion. Cheers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2- 1st Round Picks
Alex Galchenyuk
Max Pacioretty

for

John Tavares
Robin Salo

On condition JT signs a 8 year extension

No way, we give up too much considering circumstances. If Tavares is interested in the Habs, then we offer them pieces at our choice.

Lindgren
Poehling or Ikonen
Shaw
Hudon or Scherbak
2018 1st
2019 1st

May not seem enough but what are their choices if they don't like it? Keep Tavares for one year and then loose him for nothing? Remember, once the door is open for Tavares to negotiate a contract extension, you know that Tavares wants to play for your team at that point ;) It would be best to start low and then go from there. Maybe that is what has been happening for the last few months? :sarcasm: hahaha. Possible but unlikely

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
No way, we give up too much considering circumstances. If Tavares is interested in the Habs, then we offer them pieces at our choice.

Lindgren
Poehling or Ikonen
Shaw
Hudon or Scherbak
2018 1st
2019 1st

May not seem enough but what are their choices if they don't like it? Keep Tavares for one year and then loose him for nothing? Remember, once the door is open for Tavares to negotiate a contract extension, you know that Tavares wants to play for your team at that point ;)

That definitely won't get it done, but I hear ya

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Which would be great.

You would be ok to lose AG for a partial season of Tavares?

Drouin - Tavares - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Danault - Lekhonen
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
DLR - Mitchell - Hemsky

? - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

Price

Does this look like a contender?

I think it could potentially be awful if Tavares doesn't re-sign.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Do the Habs look like more of a contender with Galchenyuk instead of Tavares?

Of course I'd trade AG for a season of JT, along with exclusive negotiating rights and the ability to give him an extra year on a contract. It's a no-brainer.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Do the Habs look like more of a contender with Galchenyuk instead of Tavares?

Of course I'd trade AG for a season of JT, along with exclusive negotiating rights and the ability to give him an extra year on a contract. It's a no-brainer.

Yeah let's ignore the real possibility that 2018-2019 we end with a C depth of :

Danault
Hudon
McCarron

Scary...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
It could still be that with Galchenyuk since he can't be trusted to play C, apparently.

Yeah and in the same sentence you will pencil Drouin as a C even though he has little to no experience. Just based on the "gut feeling" that his game will magically translate to C because he has all the tools to do so. You know who else has a lot of talent , tools and was drafted 3rd overall? It's quite obvious you don't like Galchenyuk , there is literally nothing he can do in your eyes that would make him valuable. I don't know how anyone can see the body of work by Therrien and say that was the best environment for Galchenyuk to flourish. Why don't we give Galchenyuk a chance to flourish at C with the new coach before you try to make the square peg fit in the round hole. If we can give Bergevin 5+ seasons to make it work , we can surely give 23 year old Galchenyuk another season to play at the position where he's had the most success. Especially knowing that he has a solid work ethic , has great hands/hockey IQ and we have no reason to believe he can't be a 70+ point player in the right circumstances.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't want Drouin as a C, never have. And while I don't really care for Galchenyuk, my statement was more tongue-in-cheek based on what the organization thinks of him.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't want Drouin as a C, never have. And while I don't really care for Galchenyuk, my statement was more tongue-in-cheek based on what the organization thinks of him.

Okay that's fair , the organization did do a horrible job at developing him. He is far from unsalvageable , most would be surprise what confidence can do to a player. (i.e: Galchenyuk with confidence = The first 25 games of the season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->