Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
I would make some calls about Teravainen. Timmins was very high on him in his draft so I wouldn't be surprised if they already had talks about him. I guess he could do well at center and could fit perfectly with the Habs. I think it's a good timing to get him.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
I would make some calls about Teravainen. Timmins was very high on him in his draft so I wouldn't be surprised if they already had talks about him. I guess he could do well at center and could fit perfectly with the Habs. I think it's a good timing to get him.

It's actually not a bad idea. I don't know what the price would be, but I don't think it'd be unreasonable.

He's soft, but a good option at centre. I think he can still improve and breakout with the right linemates. Maybe he can rekindle some junior magic with Lekhonen. Their games are very complementary. Teraveinen needs a guy like Lekhonen. A guy like Gally could completent them well on the right side.

Drouin can play with Chucky.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Matt Duchene, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

John Tavares but bergevin wont have the balls

or they try galchenyuk/drouin at center

I made some edits for you, LOL

Matt Duchene, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins but bergevin wont have the balls

AND they try galchenyuk/drouin at cente

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Realistically we wont get a bonafide number 1. I would be shocked if Tavares was moved, and even more shocked if we had the pieces to get him that wouldn't cripple the franchise.

RNH is probably the best we could get.

Bennett/Strome/Bjudgstad would be lower cost higher risk type moves.

My guess is Galchenyuk stays there

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Carter is turning 33 this year. He's no longer worth four good pieces.

1 good piece, 2 meh and 1 unknown - only Gally that will help us compete with our current core and Carter would give us a big #1C for the first time in over 2 decades

LA wouldn't take this deal though

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Who realistically can we target as a center before October?

There's many "stories" out there that Bergevin need to follow.
The obvious one are Tavares and Duchene of course.

But there's also Washington's cap problem.
They have $4M of cap space to sign 6 players.
Don't know if Ovechkin or Backstrom is on the move, but they got to clear cap space.
Maybe even Kuznetsov is a "sign and trade".....probably could get Eller back for a 4th pick (Not suggesting it).

Minnesota is another one.
With Koivu, Staal, Ennis, Coyle, Grandlund and Eriksson-Ek that can play down the middle....
15.7M$ to get under contract Dumba, Grandlund, Niederreiter and 3 others players. Not sure it's gonna be enough. Need some cap space.

Those two teams will have to make moves and will be looking to clear some contract and Habs got some cap space right now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I bet MB is looking at Leddy or Nelson,

no way is he looking at JT

Agree. Snow wants to build around Tavares. Until he didn't sign or says he wants out, Snow will try to win him over. You don't trade a generational centre just because. Besides, Montreal doesn't really have the pieces to yet a Tavares since they traded Sergachev and our farm is empty. We're not getting Tavares unless he makes it to UFA which is highly unlikely.

More realistic target is Duchene, RNH etc. #1 centres almost never move.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Agree. Snow wants to build around Tavares. Until he didn't sign or says he wants out, Snow will try to win him over. You don't trade a generational centre just because. Besides, Montreal doesn't really have the pieces to yet a Tavares since they traded Sergachev and our farm is empty. We're not getting Tavares unless he makes it to UFA which is highly unlikely.

More realistic target is Duchene, RNH etc. #1 centres almost never move.

Maybe Lindholm as Canes have Staal, Rask and Kruger.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I wouldn't mind Giroux, but who goes the other way?

Picks+prospects and if needed Galley.

But I doubt Flyers retain any salary I don't think they are trying to dump him.

If MB was willing to pay 6.25x5 for Radu its not a leap to pay 7.25 for Giroux. Almost 2 years younger, a C and had 4 more points than Radu last year.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Matt Duchene, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

John Tavares but bergevin wont have the balls

or they try galchenyuk/drouin at center

I really don't think getting JT is about balls.

It's like a team asking for Price before his extension. Sure...he's available but what type of absurd package is coming back?

NYI live and die with Tavares. That's their only bright spot.

Getting him would cost a lot and rightfully so. It would cripple us to get him now. When Tavares makes it clear he won't stay then the price will become reasonable.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Picks+prospects and if needed Galley.

But I doubt Flyers retain any salary I don't think they are trying to dump him.

If MB was willing to pay 6.25x5 for Radu its not a leap to pay 7.25 for Giroux. Almost 2 years younger, a C and had 4 more points than Radu last year.

As it stands right now the Flyers have two first round picks next year on top of draft Patrick. I believe Patrick may start the season in the NHL, and if he does, Giroux should probably be traded. If they are looking to do a mini rebuild, trading Giroux for another 1st would give them 3 in the next draft.

Would be nice if Philly ate some more of that salary tho, 8.25 is quite a lot, but I feel he will most likely rebound. He should be in the prime of his career, he isn't 35 like Plekanecs, who I have 0 expectations that he rebounds.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
As it stands right now the Flyers have two first round picks next year on top of draft Patrick. I believe Patrick may start the season in the NHL, and if he does, Giroux should probably be traded. If they are looking to do a mini rebuild, trading Giroux for another 1st would give them 3 in the next draft.

Would be nice if Philly ate some more of that salary tho, 8.25 is quite a lot, but I feel he will most likely rebound. He should be in the prime of his career, he isn't 35 like Plekanecs, who I have 0 expectations that he rebounds.

Why wouldn't Philly wait until Patrick makes Giroux redundant or his ELC is finished before moving Giroux? Keeping Giroux takes the pressure off Patrick, teams have learned this is better then throwing their young superstars in the making to the wolves. They'll get less for Giroux in a couple of years, but so what?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Why wouldn't Philly wait until Patrick makes Giroux redundant or his ELC is finished before moving Giroux? Keeping Giroux takes the pressure off Patrick, teams have learned this is better then throwing their young superstars in the making to the wolves. They'll get less for Giroux in a couple of years, but so what?

Because they will get less for him? I think you painted the picture perfectly.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Out of all those centres, would you trade Lindholm as the Canes GM? I wouldn't. Besides, Lindholm has potential but he's not a bona fide #1.

Not sure what they think about him. I never see Canes play so I have no read on him. Staal would be hard to move as he is really a younger version of Pleks - 3rd line center. I know they like Rask and just traded for Kruger. May be worth a try. He is an RFA next year nad they are a budget team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad