Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Hypothetical question. Would you trade for Lars Eller? Would you give (2) 2nd round picks for him?
I know he is not a top Centre but Washington is in cap trouble with only 17 players signed and less than 5 million in cap space.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Hypothetical question. Would you trade for Lars Eller? Would you give (2) 2nd round picks for him?
I know he is not a top Centre but Washington is in cap trouble with only 17 players signed and less than 5 million in cap space.

too much money for too little production. Hell no.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Why? We have 2 3rd line centers as is.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

No, but someone might give two high 2nd round picks for a third line part time center like Shaw.

Wait a minute ...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I love this continuous obsession with Eller. People still thinking he's going to break out soon. He's a 25 point player. A fine 3C but that's it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd rather Shaw than Eller. Of course I wish he was paid slightly less.

The two picks the Habs got for Eller will be low 2nds.

I'd have rather had the two high 2nd rounders that were used on Shaw. Not having either player would have been the best outcome.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I love this continuous obsession with Eller. People still thinking he's going to break out soon. He's a 25 point player. A fine 3C but that's it.

I am actually not a big fan.I like him and agree he is only a 3rd liner.
Considering the outrage over losing the guy last year I am curious to see if fans would want him back for the same price. When he played here people complained he didn't get a promotion from the 3rd line.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
The question is not Eller but Ovechkin?

Ovechkin +750k retained for Patches, Sherback, McCaron, + 1st

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

If there's ABSOLUTELY no other possibilities to get a center AND it's a certainty that Galchenyuk won't play center anymore, i would give a 2nd round pick (but jut one)....but i would prefer bottom round pick + a player like Carr.

Would prefer to go after Backstrom seriously.....

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The Habs are ready to compete with the right addition this year. Strome, though has a high ceiling won't be ready imo to step into the spotlight and pressure of filling in as the big center the habs have needed for decades.

Has to be a guy that is currently contributing in the NHL. I wouldn't be against a trade for Strome to make the team younger and stronger down the middle mid-term to long-term as long as that isn't the only addition to the center ice.

But if they could get a guy like Perreault out of the Peg and have him center Drouin and Galchenyuk while Danault stays with Pacioretty and maybe Lehkonen/Gallagher on the other line.

By no means is this stellar but Strome as secondary pickup would have likely crack the Habs lineup and have the chance to jump into one of those top center positions. But to have him as Plan A for this season just won't work imo

Id stay clear of Strome. Cost would be too high for the return. I've seen him plenty in the OHL and when push comes to shove he leaves alot to be desired.
I am a bit biased but Dvorak would probly be cheaper and the safer bet at C. Althou he doesn't project as a top line C.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Gallagher and a pick for Nugent-Hopkins and a pick makes too much sense at this point

RNH's value will never be lower, and is being written off too soon

as for gallagher, still has a lot left in the tank but an expiry date about 3 years away, need to trade him before he dismantles

Bergevin wont do it because he blindly loves gallagher, but if he was smart he would do this move, send brendan back to edmonton where he was born

hopkins isnt the savior center weve dreamed of, but he is a top 6 center that would help tremendously offensively

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The two picks the Habs got for Eller will be low 2nds.

I'd have rather had the two high 2nd rounders that were used on Shaw. Not having either player would have been the best outcome.

This... But that last part is only the case for me in light of the cheaper Danault emmerging as a quality 3rd C option... Otherwise Eller, even at his current cap hit, was a solid asset in that role.

Eller over Shaw everyday of the week, terrible asset Management on bergevin's part

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This... But that last part is only the case for me in light of the cheaper Danault emmerging as a quality 3rd C option... Otherwise Eller, even at his current cap hit, was a solid asset in that role.

Eller over Shaw everyday of the week, terrible asset Management on bergevin's part

Given you have Danault and Plekanec you still want Eller over Shaw? Why?

I agree with the notion of perhaps keeping the picks entirely but why Eller over Shaw on a team with existing 3rd liners? At least Shaw is a winger where Eller clearly seemed like at ease(for obvious reasons given he's a natural C).

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Gallagher and a pick for Nugent-Hopkins and a pick makes too much sense at this point

RNH's value will never be lower, and is being written off too soon

as for gallagher, still has a lot left in the tank but an expiry date about 3 years away, need to trade him before he dismantles

Bergevin wont do it because he blindly loves gallagher, but if he was smart he would do this move, send brendan back to edmonton where he was born

hopkins isnt the savior center weve dreamed of, but he is a top 6 center that would help tremendously offensively

Great fit for both teams...

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys, Nucks fan coming in peace. My lil bro is a huge Habs fans so they've always been my 2nd team. What do you guys think about targeting Soderberg in Colorado. Seems like a buy-low candidate that could work well down the middle in MTL. He was a perennial ~48 point guy until Bednar decided to not play him at all last year. Just a random thought I had, let me know what you think..

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Eller sucked, still sucks and Will suck for many more years... Give it a rest.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys, Nucks fan coming in peace. My lil bro is a huge Habs fans so they've always been my 2nd team. What do you guys think about targeting Soderberg in Colorado. Seems like a buy-low candidate that could work well down the middle in MTL. He was a perennial ~48 point guy until Bednar decided to not play him at all last year. Just a random thought I had, let me know what you think..

He played really well under Julien in Boston as well so I could see a fit there. I'm just not sure he's a major upgrade over Danault or Plex as your 2nd line centre and from the prices Sakic is asking, I'd think the cost to acquire would be prohibitive.

Ultimately, he's probably not what we're looking for as we already have guys in his mild right now. ROR, now that's a different story.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Given you have Danault and Plekanec you still want Eller over Shaw? Why?

I agree with the notion of perhaps keeping the picks entirely but why Eller over Shaw on a team with existing 3rd liners? At least Shaw is a winger where Eller clearly seemed like at ease(for obvious reasons given he's a natural C).

Considering Shaw ended up playing at center last season and into the PO should really tell you that we should've kept the center instead of a winger.

Same goes for this season....unless Galchenyuk is playing center, it's gonna be Shaw, DLR, McCarron or Mitchell as our 3rd line center. Still would be better off with Eller.

And considering Plekanec's 28pts season....i would also prefer Eller in his spot actually.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

It's sad but that's exactly what he is.
And even after all this years, heck DD was indeed the better player offensively

Can't believe we got 2 2nd round picks back for him and that the Caps only got back a 2nd and 3rd for MJ from the Devils

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Ovechkin +750k retained for Patches, Sherback, McCaron, + 1st[/QUOTE]

That's just brutal for us. You guys do realize that on an offensive challenged team like ours, Pacioretty has almost outscored Ovechkin for the last 2 seasons!!!

No thanks, not an Ovechkin fan and never will be.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Considering Shaw ended up playing at center last season and into the PO should really tell you that we should've kept the center instead of a winger.

Same goes for this season....unless Galchenyuk is playing center, it's gonna be Shaw, DLR, McCarron or Mitchell as our 3rd line center. Still would be better off with Eller.

And considering Plekanec's 28pts season....i would also prefer Eller in his spot actually.

All 3 centers outproduced him.

I'd rather Eller at 3.5 mil than Plekanec at 6 but that's it.

Eller is a 3rd line C we have a lot of.

By the way, how CJ does his lines doesn't mean it's best course of action. Galchenyuk needs to play C or we need a top 6 C(maybe both). So getting Eller serves no purpose.

Getting Eller is like getting Yannick Weber because we need a top pairing PMD. "But he can help!" Who cares?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Ovechkin +750k retained for Patches, Sherback, McCaron, + 1st[/QUOTE]

That's just brutal for us. You guys do realize that on an offensive challenged team like ours, Pacioretty has almost outscored Ovechkin for the last 2 seasons!!!

No thanks, not an Ovechkin fan and never will be.

If I'm moving Pacioretty it's for a top pairing LD, or a top 6 young centreman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->