Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
RFA have to be signed today right?

I think it's sad that habs haven't had a 70+ point scorer since Plekanec in 2010.
I have a feeling drouin will be the forward we have been looking for.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Maybe there is a team looking to shed some cap but still maintain a talent level.

For example, if we can move Plekanec to Vegas, then we can afford to trade Shaw and Byron to San Jose for Couture, Boedker and Paul Martin. Habs don't re-sign Markov, just Radulov.
What is that San Jose deal. Why would they ever accept that??

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
No matter what happens, I think we'll get to see a couple new faces next season in a Habs jersey.

I hope there are others Saad and Panarin's out there on the market, that nobody knows for sure they're available but who end up being traded.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Offer sheet Kuznetsov, please and thank you.

I'd rather offersheet Drai at 9 mil per. It's under the treshold to having to give up 4 first picks, and from what've heard, Chia refused the Drai+Klefbom+1st trade for Subban because he didnt want a 9 mil contract on his payroll for when he'll have to re-sign McJesus.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'd rather offersheet Drai at 9 mil per. It's under the treshold to having to give up 4 first picks, and from what've heard, Chia refused the Drai+Klefbom+1st trade for Subban because he didnt want a 9 mil contract on his payroll for when he'll have to re-sign McJesus.

If the $14M contract for McDavid is reality, I don't see how the Oilers match. We can probably acquire a couple of those 1st round picks back through trade going forward.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No matter what happens, I think we'll get to see a couple new faces next season in a Habs jersey.

I hope there are others Saad and Panarin's out there on the market, that nobody knows for sure they're available but who end up being traded.

I don't think we need more wingers, Radu signed or not.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Galchenyuk, Scherbak, Lindgren, 2nd, rights to Nygren

For

Duchene, Barrie

Trade Pleks to Arizona for 3rd (retain 2 million)

Sign Thornton no Markov

Bob's your uncle.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Let's say we let Radulov walk, re-sign Markov for 5M and Galchenyuk for 5.5M. Promote Jerabek and McCarron. That would leave us with about 8.5M to add a top-4 D and a top-6 forward, preferably a C.

In an ideal scenario, Markov settles for 4.5M and Galchenyuk signs a 1 year, 4.5M deal too. That would leave us 10M for both holes. THEN, I think it's realistic to make a pitch at both Alzner and Justin Williams.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Williams
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - McCarron - Martinsen/Mitchell

Markov - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Jerabek/Davidson

Price
Montoya

IMHO, this is a more than decent lineup, IF Markov doesn't fall off a cliff, Lehkonen keeps progresing and everyone else are what we expect from them.

Galchenyuk at C isn't ideal but I'd still rather see that than Drouin.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If the $14M contract for McDavid is reality, I don't see how the Oilers match. We can probably acquire a couple of those 1st round picks back through trade going forward.

Lol. If we could pull that off we wouldn't need to worry about 1st round picks for a long time.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
I assume we don't have the assets to grab Duchene? If we could grab him and keep Galchenyuk, our centre situation would improve a lot.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Is four firsts for Draisatl really too much? Who cares, we're trying to win NOW.

10m to Drai. Done, next.

Dump Pleks and whatever to Arizona. Sign a younger, faster defensive C. Done, next.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Offer sheet Draisaitl for $10-10.5M.
Connor is gonna cost them so much they won't match.

Kid is a monster in playoffs. We need him.
Rather lose the 4 -5 1st rounders and have Leon.

Drouin-Draisaitl-Chucky

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Offer sheet Draisaitl for $10-10.5M.
Connor is gonna cost them so much they won't match.

Kid is a monster in playoffs. We need him.
Rather lose the 4 -5 1st rounders and have Leon.

Drouin-Draisaitl-Chucky
Negotiate with them and see if they want Patches and a first and second for a pre-signed Draisatl. They're also competing now.

There's much that can be done if the GM actually tries.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Lol. If we could pull that off we wouldn't need to worry about 1st round picks for a long time.

Yeah, we would. Draisaitl isn't the only need, by a mile. The D is ragtag at best. Pacioretty may not be in our future. No guarantee that Galchenyuk will be a centre. Radulov isn't signed. Gallagher's health going forward isn't certain. Draisaitl is a superb piece, but hardly the only one. The Habs are not 1 player from a Cup today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad