Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I got no problem trading Fleury or Poehling for a signed Hall... But we know he isn't coming here since management never do risky trades like that for star forwards... That's why we haven't had a star forward in 30 years.

For a signed Hall only Caufield Suzuki KK and Primeau should be the only prospect untouchable and even Primeau I’m not sure he’s untouchable. Poehling and Romanov celling are not enough high to be untouchable for that kind of player

Jul 6, 2016
Hall trade announcement delayed cause of sign/trade and the new team negotiating the contract with Hall’s agent? NTC/NMC, July Signing Bonus, etc. Takes time.

Let’s face it, none of us thinks it’s the Habs but we’re wondering if Hall ends up with the Habs and/or what futures are traded regardless of what team gets him

Florida seems to be one of the team closest to get Hall.... Guys like Trotcheck and Hoffman might be part of the deal, I guess.

Jul 6, 2016
I mean.. I think PK is a risky pick right now but if he can ever find his mojo back its in Montreal... he always been a habs fan and loved playing here.

why it wont happen tough.

1. Bergevin
2. Contract
3. Gallagher
4. Lindsey

Dale Weise too loves playing here..... But.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think we should be looking at Hall, but considering that there's been no leaks regarding the trade? Few teams are as tight lipped as the habs. Has me thinking it could be us.

I got that same feeling.. Habs could be completely out of it or it’s getting serious and Bergevin is negotiating a contract extension.

Is Hall going to be a scratch again tonight?

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
What would be a realistic offer to get Alexis Lafrenière? maybe KK and Ryan Poehling would get it done? or we would need alot more?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Primeau, Fleury, Hillis, two 2nd’s, Byron for a signed Hall.. 6/7 years at $9M AAV. 90% paid in July. Might be forced to give him a NMC

Thats as high as I would go!

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I can't help but think we go through this song and dance every time a big name UFA to be is being shopped and everybody says it's going to take a teams best prospect +++ to get a deal done and then we see the trade and it'll be underwhelming as ever and everyone will complain that we didn't offer more to get him.

Ryan Poehling, Conditional 1st if we win a playoff round or two otherwise a 2nd, Maybe a conditional 1st next year if we re-sign him, and a middle to bottom six forward that may or may not be in the NHL in two years time for Taylor Hall and some other no-name contract.

Reactions: scrubadam

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What would be a realistic offer to get Alexis Lafrenière? maybe KK and Ryan Poehling would get it done? or we would need alot more?

You would need a top 5 pick to swap for 1st and add a piece like Poehling. You would also need a situation where the other team values the top 5 and they have a target

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I can't help but think we go through this song and dance every time a big name UFA to be is being shopped and everybody says it's going to take a teams best prospect +++ to get a deal done and then we see the trade and it'll be underwhelming as ever and everyone will complain that we didn't offer more to get him.

Ryan Poehling, Conditional 1st if we win a playoff round or two otherwise a 2nd, Maybe a conditional 1st next year if we re-sign him, and a middle to bottom six forward that may or may not be in the NHL in two years time for Taylor Hall and some other no-name contract.

Agree. HF over values players and don't think like GM's.

Matt Duchene was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets by the Ottawa Senators on Friday for Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and a conditional first-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.

2 B prospects (3rd rounder and 6th rounder) and 2 1st round picks one conditional.

Heading back to Ottawa are defenceman prospect Erik Brannstrom, forward Oscar Lindberg and a second-round pick (originally belonging to the Dallas Stars) in 2020, while forward Tobias Lindberg will join Stone in Vegas.

Brannstrom was a decent prospect taken 15th in the draft.

Still both trades didn't require huge payouts. Hall probably goes for a A or B prospect and then a 1st or 2nd with some other small pieces thrown in.

don't think Habs will land him though.

Reactions: angry pirate

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
As much as you may dislike MB, that deal to get Weber strengthened the team defensively and in the change room through leadership and team building.

Surely there must be a way to measure this impact, since results and epic collapses have been all occurring nonstop with Weber on the roster. I think the change in the room has done very little, if anything. When do we starting seeing the benefits of this often touted room change? Do we not get rewarded until after Weber retires, how does this work?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You can't say that....you don't really know either player.... it's just a guess on your part....a negative one at that.

Nope, I can say that, it's about the probability of them becoming NHL regulars based on years of data with picks at those numbers. The chance they amount to anything is not good. This is a fact, not my opinion.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
For the record I hope it isn’t us as I imagine the Devils want Caufield bad to get Hughes going. If we could get him for like Petry and a pick I’d be interested.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
35 gp ; 13 G and 17 A for a total of 30 points for Patches

vs

32 gp ; 11 G and 17 A for a total of 28 points for Tatar
32 gp ; 6 G and 9 A for a total of 15 points for Suzuki
+
Norlinder , a dman that plays the first pair with his team , that is an offensive weapon and a high IQ player
+
Jacob Leguerrier a big lefty dman

Like I said, I like the deal, but it's not the homerun it was claimed to be. These usually take years to determine who won. I wasn't a patches fan while he was here even though he produced. We will see where it ends up.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don’t expect any team to deal a 2020 1st rounder based on the hype this draft has. I suspect fans & media type will be disappointed with the returns deadline deals net..

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Nope, I can say that, it's about the probability of them becoming NHL regulars based on years of data with picks at those numbers. The chance they amount to anything is not good. This is a fact, not my opinion.

Nope, you can't say that.... it's a guess.... nothing more than a waste of time and space.

Last edited:

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Surely there must be a way to measure this impact, since results and epic collapses have been all occurring nonstop with Weber on the roster. I think the change in the room has done very little, if anything. When do we starting seeing the benefits of this often touted room change? Do we not get rewarded until after Weber retires, how does this work?

Accept it....Weber is a far better player than the inconsistent Subhan.
Subhan is too busy marketing himself, than concentrating on improving his overall speed and skill level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad