GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
radio synced up pretty well with the tv broadcast last game. hoping for the same result this time. godspeed to all of you dealing with the "A Team" on ESPN

just over an hour to go, the nerves are starting to build

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
LGR!

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 1

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
radio synced up pretty well with the tv broadcast last game. hoping for the same result this time. godspeed to all of you dealing with the "A Team" on ESPN

just over an hour to go, the nerves are starting to build
The last time I listened to a game on the radio, I was working on the avatars.

I finished what I was doing, went downstairs, watched the end of the game, and had a snack.

I came back upstairs and the Yankees won again.

It was like 7 minutes.

Reactions: FultonReed

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The last time I listened to a game on the radio, I was working on the avatars.

I finished what I was doing, went downstairs, watched the end of the game, and had a snack.

I came back upstairs and the Yankees won again.

It was like 7 minutes.
idk what it was but Sam was like 2 seconds ahead of the ESPN broadcast last week. it was awesome.

tried listening to a Yankee game at a Yankee game and it was impossible lol

Reactions: Machinehead

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
They play the Canes and Caps in the regular season too and they're also trying to shut him down then. You're nuts if you think they're just going to let him run around on their bottom pairs lol.

I can pretty much guarantee that the QoC for Panarin hasn't changed much at all. There is an expected drop off in performance/production that should be expected because as you said, you're not facing the really bad teams in the league (unless you're McDavid or Zibanejad apparently, whose PPG is HIGHER in the playoffs than it is in the regular season.)

For his career, Panarin goes from 1.16 RS to .80 in the post season. Thats a massive drop that is greater than some of the most notable playoff "chokers." (-.36 PPG)

Just a few off the top of my head.

Mitch Marner (who is this year's Toronto scapegoat) - 1.10 PPG to 0.88 (-.22 ppg)

Auston Matthews - 1.15 to .87 (-.28 PPG)

Joe Thornton - .90 PPG to .72 (-.22 PPG)

Mike Gartner - .93 to .76 (-.17 PPG)

As a Ranger? Ooohhh boy.

Artemi Panarin as a NYR:

RS: 1.31 PPG
Playoffs: 0.68!

So yeah if theres worry/skepticism/criticism it's warranted based off of what he's done here because his rate of production drops by nearly 50%. You can't chalk that up to just match ups.

Expecting him to be at 1.31 is not fair. That would put him up there with the most elite of the elite ever to ever play and he isn't that. I don't think being above a PPG is unreasonable though and he's obviously fallen well short of that. If you think that they're going to continue to pile up wins playing the way they are you are nuts or Igor is going to have to do some really goofy stuff the rest of the way.

Beyond just raw numbers, his analytics have also tanked in the playoffs. They're horrible this year too as their other lines have graded out more or less okay 5v5.

If you want a positive, hes basically taken 15 SOG in the 3 games that he's decided to hit the net/shoot. Thats as many as he took in 7 games last year. 5 SOG a game will play. There are some muffins mixed in but they aren't all muffins.

On a semi related note, it also makes me wonder if putting Chytil between him and Laf and bumping Trocheck down may not be the best play. Give him a player on his line that can push back his opponents a bit and a bit more space to operate. Gives the 3rd line a better chance to pot some goals too. His line has just looked stuck in the mud and all 3 guys all deserve some level of blame.

Revival of Adam McQuaid.
You’re including the 2 assists in 7 games last year with 0 goals in your stats lol.

You’re literally complaining about THESE playoffs and citing his career playoff stats. I thought we were talking about these playoffs. I guess we’re talking about his career. I agree particularly last year he was not very good.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
I wonder if Emily will look hot tonight, she changed her hair color which Im not crazy about.

Maybe a platinum blonde with some highlights would have been better, that would have worked for me.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
She was rocking some cleavage last game
I wonder if Emily will look hot tonight, she changed her hair color which Im not crazy about.

Maybe a platinum blonde with some highlights would have been better, that would have worked for me.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
I'd like to see them play physical right off the hop and I know it's a big ask but keeping it up all 3 periods would be a bonus. Check these p***y's into the abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad